• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RETARDED LIE DAY ALERT: Resident Evil 4 Classic Edition for PS3/360?

GHG

Everyone kick up a fuss in true GAF style. Talk about how you were given false hope by Capcom, make petitions, make boycott threads.

then maybe they'll actually make it

kbear

Disgusting if true. I had the same reaction for the Wii port. It's a last-gen game... just move on. I hope nobody buys this.

All added content from later versions and more, GC assets, at least 24-bit color ala PS2, rendered in true 720/1080p widescreen at 60 fps, yes please!

I would so totally buy that.

Redd

kbear said:
Disgusting if true. I had the same reaction for the Wii port. It's a last-gen game... just move on. I hope nobody buys this.

Well I would and you know what you can enjoy and buy games from previous gens and still enjoy the current gen games coming out now.

kbear said:

It's a last gen game with more content than most full-priced releases at a budget price©, amirite?

alistairw

Just so you know, I have the best avatars ever.
Chillin'. Little bit of illin'.

pilonv1 said:
no current plans = will happen in the future

Well, yeah, now that they've realised half the people who've read about this would buy it - course it's coming out!

Unless you never played RE4, and you do not own a GC, a Wii, or a PS2, why in the hell would you buy this? I mean, if it exists? Which it doesn't.

alistairw said:
Chillin'. Little bit of illin'.

Well, yeah, now that they've realised half the people who've read about this would buy it - course it's coming out!

I'm sure they've also realized how many people out there want an RE2 remake but that hasn't been made yet. :(

M3wThr33

Banned
They don't have to be artists to have that in their possession. Capcom's marketing team would be privy to that, too.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
How could he be working on the art while it was "finished", including the RP for the rating and already in 360/PS3 cases?

They could've at least gotten Capcom's location right before all that too...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i would buy the fuck out of this. the persisting problem with re4 is that it won't fill an hdtv in any attractive way -- iirc the wii version just upscales the gc version's undersized framebuffer, and if i found that acceptable, i'd just use my tv's zoom mode. re4 has aged so well in so many respects, but you basically have to play it on an old sd crt :/

kbear

Redd said:
Well I would and you know what you can enjoy and buy games from previous gens and still enjoy the current gen games coming out now.
How many people here haven't played RE4 yet? You realize that the 360/PS3 versions of this would be the exact same game, + whatever that extra content is. But the main game would play the exact same way. At least with the Wii version you got a new control method and from the impressions I've read, it changed the gameplay quite a bit. Nothing would change for the 360/PS3 version.

I know this is fake but let's assume for a minute it's real. And let's also assume it sells really well, a combined 2 million for 360/PS3. Do you understand the consequences of this? It would open the floodgates to last-gen ports to 360/PS3. Why spend 10 or 20 million on a new next-gen IP or true sequel when you can just port your last-gen game and make a bundle for cheap?

cvxfreak

kbear said:
How many people here haven't played RE4 yet? You realize that the 360/PS3 versions of this would be the exact same game, + whatever that extra content is. But the main game would play the exact same way. At least with the Wii version you got a new control method and from the impressions I've read, it changed the gameplay quite a bit. Nothing would change for the 360/PS3 version.

I know this is fake but let's assume for a minute it's real. And let's also assume it sells really well, a combined 2 million for 360/PS3. Do you understand the consequences of this? It would open the floodgates to last-gen ports to 360/PS3. Why spend 10 or 20 million on a new next-gen IP or true sequel when you can just port your last-gen game and make a bundle for cheap?

I think the believability of this probably fake rumor stems from Capcom's past history. It really says a lot about the perceptions of how far Capcom will go to milk something dry.

Look at RE0 Wii.

GHG

kbear said:

The thing is though... thats already happening anyway. See Bully and Tomb Raider games.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
cvxfreak said:
I think the believability of this probably fake rumor stems from Capcom's past history. It really says a lot about the perceptions of how far Capcom will go to milk something dry.

Look at RE0 Wii.

re4 still has milk in it! we need one more version!

re0 wii, on the other hand, is like milking a bull. all over nintendo's face.

acevans2 said:
Every other (all 4) RE4 releases have 100x better boxarts.

Beating the US Wii one in badness is impressive

TN6729_evil.jpg

Blah.

cvxfreak said:

Look at RE0 Wii.

But HUNK!!! We need more HUNK. Capcom must squeeze that lost drop of sweet, sweet moisture that is HUNK before RE4 is officially dry.

I need his sweet milk all over my ps3 and into my eyes.

kbear

DevelopmentArrested said:
Yet RE4 Wii was still one of the best games last year, eh Kbear?
I'm not following you. Was it? It shouldn't even be considered in a 2007 Best of list, imo, as it was released in 2004. Same game. That's why it was never up for any awards.
GHG said:
The thing is though... thats already happening anyway. See Bully and Tomb Raider games.
Bully would be the only other legitimate example of this. Tomb Raider Anniversary was a remake of the original on PS1, therefore I'm sure they had to make new assets. It was also released on 360... obviously they couldn't use PS1 assets for that version so that was a new game. RE4 Wii was using the same assets of the previous... it was a port in every sense of the word... same thing would happen with RE4 360/PS3. Probably the same assets except with some next-gen filters like AA and AF applied.

jarrod

Banned
cvxfreak said:

Look at RE0 Wii.
I dunno, RE0 Wii's the first port of that game... this would be more in line with RE2's whoring to nearly every format available. :lol

kbear said:
I'm not following you. Was it? It shouldn't even be considered in a 2007 Best of list, imo, as it was released in 2004. Same game.

Except it wasn't the exact same game now was it kbear?
Then again, according to you - Wii ports probably shouldn't even be counted in NPD should they?

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
I'd buy it, but I don't believe it's real. That's a game I've wanted to play but haven't. I'd totally bite on an HD re-release.

kbear

DevelopmentArrested said:
Except it wasn't the exact same game now was it kbear?
Then again, according to you - Wii ports probably shouldn't even be counted in NPD should they?
I don't understand where you're coming from. You're getting defensive for no reason. Hell, I complimented the Wii version of the game. And you're putting words into my mouth...

Where did this come from? Did I say this? I'm not following you.

Top Bottom