• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro gaming - New SNES release - Xeno Crisis.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Been meaning to try this for a while. I wonder if the SNES version is better than Genesis.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ehh this single screen shooter has been around for a while now on NeoGeo and I think the Genesis? I mean its cool but its not that cool bieng a single screen shooter.

Krathoon

The cart costs too much. Just get it on gog.

I was going to order it, but it it like $70.

Someone will dump the rom.

cireza

Runs like a SNES game alright: lower res and less sprites.

Still a pretty good job, of course. But what's the point if you don't try to exploit the strengths of the SNES ? This will only lead to an inferior game to the MD original.

cireza

It seems that the SNES version is using an enhancement chip. As seen in the comments here :

They say that they would have eventually managed without it, but still interesting to see such solution in the end.

I remember a fighting game called Ballz that actually used a chip on SNES but not on Mega Drive.

Last edited:

cireza

Ahhh. Did the Genesis version use one too?
No, the Genesis game is a standard game like all others on the console. You don't have additional chips on Genesis, with the exception of Virtua Racing and the modern games Pier Solar and Paprium. Everything was 100% the stock console.

They shared that it would help them fight against piracy, which is certainly true.

Last edited:
Top Bottom