• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro Gaming Thread

Mitsurux

I always say go check on Price charting if you want to look up some prices. Personally at some of these prices I wouldn't sell because I'd worry that if a game is worth that much who knows if the other guy is legit or not. (The incentive to steal is too high.)
I'm in the same boat. I've got some doubles and some other stuff I've thought about selling but the using ebay just seems like a risk I'm not willing to deal with.

Bullet Club

Every MEGA DRIVE SHOOT EM UP Reviewed and Ranked! Sega's Mega Drive had over 80 Shooters on the system! More than the Sega Saturn, Playstation or any other console aside from NEC's PC Engine. This video will help you explore the entire Mega Drive (Genesis) library by reviewing and ranking every shooter in a massive, epic shmup compilation!

You'll see real hardware including the original Sega Genesis and Mega Drive systems, SegaCD and MegaCD, 32X, and even the X-Eye! Not only the classics like Musha, Gaiares and the Thunder Force series, but hidden gems like Atomic Runner, Ranger X, and Eliminate Down. From arcade conversions like Toaplan's Truxton and Taito's Darius series, to unlicensed and indie games you may have never heard of. So prepare for the Ultimate Mega Drive Shooter video leaving no stone unturned!

Niko Bellic is a horrible human, but he’s also a great character. In this video, DeVante breaks down what makes Niko so good even in a post-GTA 5 world.

playXray

I’ve got an OSSC hooked up to a PS2 and an LG C9. The image quality is amazing, but it does flicker due to the interlacing (I’m using bob deinterlacing from the OSSC itself). Is there a (preferably hardware) solution I can use to convert the signal to progressive scan in order to eliminate the flicker?

Naked Lunch

I’ve got an OSSC hooked up to a PS2 and an LG C9. The image quality is amazing, but it does flicker due to the interlacing (I’m using bob deinterlacing from the OSSC itself). Is there a (preferably hardware) solution I can use to convert the signal to progressive scan in order to eliminate the flicker?
There are certain PS2 games that use progressive scan (480p or even 240p) - but only a select few. Outrun 2 is one example. Some games prompt you for it but others you have to hold a button combo during startup. The vast majority of PS2 games you're stuck using 480i.

Id recommender getting a Retrotink 5X or wait for the 4K version. Best solution to PS2 deinterlacing on the market.
I also had an OSSC with PS2 setup and the flicker made games unplayable after a while - actually gave me a migraine.
RT5X's deinterlacer (using the motion adaptive setting) removes the jitter completely.

Last edited:

playXray

There are certain PS2 games that use progressive scan (480p or even 240p) - but only a select few. Outrun 2 is one example. Some games prompt you for it but others you have to hold a button combo during startup. The vast majority of PS2 games you're stuck using 480i.

Id recommender getting a Retrotink 5X or wait for the 4K version. Best solution to PS2 deinterlacing on the market.
I also had an OSSC with PS2 setup and the flicker made games unplayable after a while - actually gave me a migraine.
RT5X's deinterlacer (using the motion adaptive setting) removes the jitter completely.
Yeah, that was my first port of call actually, but those things are seriously expensive in the UK (like £400 when you include import duties etc). Is there anything I can use to just convert the signal to progressive either before or after it comes out of the OSSC?

Naked Lunch

Yeah, that was my first port of call actually, but those things are seriously expensive in the UK (like £400 when you include import duties etc). Is there anything I can use to just convert the signal to progressive either before or after it comes out of the OSSC?
The only thing that I know of is a program called OPL which you use thru a PS2 memory card. On a game to game basis, you can try to force certain video modes with an option in OPL called GSM - buts its super finicky and the video modes wont work half of the time.

I was always under the impression you are stuck with the 480i output of the PS2 and have to work your way around it. The OSSC's 'way around it' is that Bob Deinterlacer.

playXray

The only thing that I know of is a program called OPL which you use thru a PS2 memory card. On a game to game basis, you can try to force certain video modes with an option in OPL called GSM - buts its super finicky and the video modes wont work half of the time.

I was always under the impression you are stuck with the 480i output of the PS2 and have to work your way around it. The OSSC's 'way around it' is that Bob Deinterlacer.
OK, I guess I will just put up with it. Still looks amazing, just a bit flickery. Thanks.

Top Bottom