• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-styled sidescroller RPG Infernax releases on February 14

Bullet Club

Infernax launches February 14​

Slay demons to save your homeland.

WgV0ZJr.jpg

Demon-slaying action adventure game Infernax will launch for Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on February 14, publisher The Arcade Crew and developer Berzerk Studio announced.

Here is an overview of the game, via its Steam page:

Story

Infernax is the adventures of a great knight who returns to his homeland only to find it plagued with unholy magic.
While on your quest to find and destroy the source of this corruption by any means necessary, you will face ruthless creatures, dangerous beasts, and precarious terrains.

Face the Consequences

Every decision you make is crucial, would you rather:
  • Slay or help someone?
  • Use your experience gained from slashing monsters to get more life, mana or damage?
Think well before deciding on what to do my friend. A single choice can change the game; remember that thing you did to that guy? Farmer Pepper remembers.

zuhgpjy.jpg

Consequence Faces

Smash as many monsters as you can to get some money, spend your savings to buy better weapons and armors from the blacksmith, gear up and get stronger for this journey of smashing even more faces!

Every choice you make open up different side quests to obtain powerful weapons and skills or money

Storm the Castle and slay their bosses before more innocent fall to the mysterious curse that plagues your land. In the end, only you can rid the land of Upel of these monsters, whichever way you decide to do it; you do you, dude…

Key Features
  • Multiple endings based on player’s decisions.
  • Challenging castle-dungeons and lots of boss battles.
  • Ruthless bloodthirsty monsters that want you super duper dead.
  • Level up system to tailor your experience to your liking.
  • Buy new items and unlock skills to help you in your quest of reversing the curse.
  • A dangerous and unique open world with many secret areas to uncover.
  • Pucker up buttercup because it’s about to get gory.

Watch a new trailer below.

Source: Gematsu

I'll keep an eye on reviews. Seems promising. The graphics aren't amazing though so the music needs to be on point to stand in the shadow of Simon's Quest.

If it's not on Gamepass, I'll consider Switch.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Loved the Valentine's Day cut at the end of the trailer.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Looks great, hope the final game pans out that way.

My Feb is already packed with Horizon and Elden Ring.....not to mention im in the middle of a few games now lol

Just not enough time in the day.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

Between all these indie sprite based games, and the rereleases, remakes, and compilations of old school classic games, there is no better time than now to buy these games and enjoy them. I don't emember having so many options back in 80's-90's as I do today, and it is amazing. Truth be told, I enjoy these styles of games more than most of the AAA games out there today.

I have been trying to collect a lot of these titles as physical Switch releases too. I'm thinking about doing the same on some PS4 games too.

Most of these games are smaller in scope, so you don't have to worry about missing half the game when you purchase the physical releases. Yes, there is some junk out there but there is a whole lot of quality games too. This looks pretty good to me though.

Think I might buy this tonight. Anyone have any impressions so far?
Just played 20 min. Its like a low budget 8 bit Castlevania with side quests. Feels just as odd to platform and land jumps. Kind of odd sloppy combat. I wouldn't recommend it for $20. But for GP, I'll keep going and see how it is. Has some gorey cutscene art that's neat at times. Music is average so far.

SpiceRacz

Really enjoying it so far. I picked it up planning to try it for a few minutes and ended up playing for 3 hours straight. This game scratches a lot of itches for me personally - leveling up abilities, side quests, Castlevania style gameplay, etc.

Last edited:

Graciaus

It looks interesting. But I'll wait for it to be in a bundle or $5. I enjoy the style but there are a ton already.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

Finished it, although I didn’t get the full ending apparently. It was good but really short and easy after the first part. The soundtrack was great.

The game is really confused in its inspirations, there’s Simon’s Quest obviously but the combat is closer to Zelda 2 and then the gore and color palette seem closer to old computer games like Barbarian.

Im not sure I would spend more than 10 on it and if you want an 8-bit style platformer there are better options. But I had fun with it.

Lunarorbit

Finished it, although I didn’t get the full ending apparently. It was good but really short and easy after the first part. The soundtrack was great.

The game is really confused in its inspirations, there’s Simon’s Quest obviously but the combat is closer to Zelda 2 and then the gore and color palette seem closer to old computer games like Barbarian.

Im not sure I would spend more than 10 on it and if you want an 8-bit style platformer there are better options. But I had fun with it.
Too late. I brought my vita to work to see if remote play would work but our wifi is running at 5ghz and I don't think the vita can pick up networks that "new". But I'm gonna try it out tonight. Thanks for the review. Just finished deaths door. Just gonna work on little games until horizon or possibly elden ring.

Erdrick

I'll likely pick this up at some point. Love games that call back to these older visual aesthetics. I could see myself going for all the trophies and complete it 100% like I did with Astalon over this past Christmas and New Years. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, OP.

Played about 2 more hours of this yesterday. It's growing on me. You basically need to just sit and grind XP for power level 3 before you even start playing the game. Then buy the armor and the flask, and suddenly you get much stronger right at the beginning of the game basically.

I made the mistake of looking up something I was stuck on and saw that this game has 10x more unlockables than I expected lol, including 9 endings, tons of weapons, multiple secret characters, etc. So yeah, it's quite a bit deeper than I initially realized.

Still not amazing, but it's growing on me. Only would recommend to fans of actual 8 bit games.

SpiceRacz

There's definitely more to the game than I initially thought. The side quest stuff is pretty fun. I couldn't be bothered to finish everything though. I think in order to get certain items you have to make specific choices in your quests and I was already too deep in the game at that point. This game is an odd one for me. Nothing about it stands out, but I couldn't put it down.

Knightime_X

After playing this on gamepass I'll be buying on pc and switch because I'm a madman like that.

Game has tons of built in cheats if you wanted to use them right away. Like infinite air jumps, invincibility, mana regen, 99k xp and gold etc.

On my second play through I might toy around with the jump and money cheat.

Top Bottom