• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Returnal, some new gameplay and interview

GHG

Yeah, I too care about bloat over gameplay. Seeing only a few minutes of a game in one level also is enough to know everything about it.

Yeh because that's what I said right?

I'll be waiting for a sale until it hits a price I deem to be worth it, don't cry, it will be ok.

Fredrik

Looks amazing visually but the more I see the more it flies over my head. I love old school 2D shmups but for me this is too fast and hectic for third person behind the character gameplay, would probably be awesome it they moved the camera back/up though.

ruvikx

Banned
It looks like Playstation's own version of Recore. That's not a compliment either.

The main character is severely ugly (i.e. why aim for "realism" in such a fantastical arcade shooter setting?) & the gameplay is an acquired taste, i.e. in a market where really, really good third person shooters exist, Returnal's gameplay requires a certain dose of nostalgia & lenience based on the clips I've seen (just like Recore).

Top Bottom