• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reuters - Putin ally tells Americans: vote Trump or face nuclear war

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trumps popularity in Russia is almost as weird as David Hasselhoffs fame in Germany. When Trump loses, he should move to Russia and get citizenship there, and build a new Trump Tower next door to Eric Snowdens house

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Zhirinovsky isn't Putin, he's a dude who's built a reputation for attention grabbing with outlandish statements. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah and he was notorious in the 90s for his passion for breaking glasses when intoxicated.

Izuna

Banned
I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly calm hearing this shit coming from Russia.

319218.gif

wow. simpsons gif is on point in this thread

Ah yes, that guy. I remember from the news back in '93 when it was a possibility he would become president. He was going around threatening countries with nuclear war then too, so it was obviously a bit worrisome.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not exactly calm hearing this shit coming from Russia.

wow. simpsons gif is on point in this thread

Russia has already basically committed an act of war in trying to interfere with the election. They desperately want Trump in office so the US tears itself apart. If anything this should encourage you to back Clinton.

cdyhybrid

Putin won't do shit.

He's a tough dude when he's picking on countries that can't fight back or ringing the US' doorbell and running away, but when push comes to shove he won't do anything to risk his cushy dictator job.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Am I to understand that Trump is straight up in Russia's pocket?

I don't understand how there'd be an organic affinity between Trump and Putin at all.

marrec

Banned
What a weird timeline where the democratic president candidate is the warthark in the election.

Breh, every president that's been in office for the last 30 years has been a warhawk, it's the political reality of the Dems and GOP right now. Trump is a warhawk who wants to bomb the shit out of ISIS and take Iraqi oil... he just wants to be chummy with Russia while doing it.

It's not really "coming from Russia," in that like the Russian government is saying this. It's a guy who's on the same political spectrum as Putin mouthing off that Hillary is going to destroy the world while Trump is going to bring about world peace. Russia obviously prefers Donald Trump because a Trump presidency would greatly diminish the US' role in NATO, the United Nations, international trade, and the ability to bridge distance with rebel groups in Syria, Turkey, and countries that we've generally allied ourselves with who are in the shadow of Russia. So, Russian loudmouths say things like this.

The nearest analogy I can think of would be like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Newt Gingrich saying something like, "If Iran chooses President X to be their president, then there will be war in Iran very soon!"

This guy, of course, is just a big loudmouth but he holds no ability to launch a nuclear war with the United States.

spekkeh

Banned
I'm no fan of Putin, I think he's the biggest threat to the western world since Stalin, but when it comes to Zhirinovsky I think calling him an ally to anyone but his imaginary friends seems stretching it.

It's not really "coming from Russia," in that like the Russian government is saying this. It's a guy who's on the same political spectrum as Putin mouthing off that Hillary is going to destroy the world while Trump is going to bring about world peace. Russia obviously prefers Donald Trump because a Trump presidency would greatly diminish the US' role in NATO, the United Nations, international trade, and the ability to bridge distance with rebel groups in Syria, Turkey, and countries that we've generally allied ourselves with who are in the shadow of Russia. So, Russian loudmouths say things like this.

The nearest analogy I can think of would be like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, or Newt Gingrich saying something like, "If Iran chooses President X to be their president, then there will be war in Iran very soon!"

This guy, of course, is just a big loudmouth but he holds no ability to launch a nuclear war with the United States.

Thank you. This isn't coming from Vladimir Putin. This is coming from Vladimir Zhirinovsky. Someone that's like Trump, but ain't in charge.

Putin is one thing, but this isn't coming from him.

old

I'm confused. I thought voting for Trump would lead to WW3. Now you tell me it's Hilary?

daxy

For context, Zhirinovsky is like the Sarah Palin of Russian politics, i.e. is a fucking nutjob that says crazy shit to get in the spotlight.

Is Russia threatening us? That's how I read this.

Because the only way a nuke will be used if Hillary becomes President is if Russia launches it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom