• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Revolution Controller Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, even Iwata thinks that the movie viewing experience is too complicated!!!!

the A button should be labeled as "Summarize The Movie For Me"

Inumaru

My arm is going to get tired holding that up in "3D space". I'm too lazy for this controller.

Edit: I dunno, with the analog stick attachment that thing is kinda sexy. Especially next to that white Revolution. I think I like it!

SantaC

media

seriously what the fuck Nintendo. Get real.

raYne

:/

Anyhow, for those who're skipping the "official" thread.
Iwata speaking about Revolution controller
Iwata unveils Revolution controller
IGN will post high-resolution pictures, hands on impressions, feature breakdowns, roundtables, and more at 7:50 PM -- fewer than 15 minutes.
Revolution controller looks like futuristic television remote.
Glossy white design.
Looks Apple iPod inspired.
Controller is held in one hand. Attachments in the other.
Attachments connect to the bottom of the controller. Iwata shows analog stick attachment.
Thinking about packing Revolution with the main controller and attachment, Iwata says.
Controller acts like a mouse in real-space 3D. Pefect for FPS games!
Future attachments planned.
live-from-tgs-iwatas-keynote-20050915074553984.jpg

MrDaravon

Wow, we were all horribly wrong. I'd have to actually hold it and play something to get an idea. We'll speculate for months until release, then once we get a hold of it it'll either be really good and people will eat crow, or it will really suck and people will eat crow. :lol

How the hell are you supposed to use that thing with 1 hand? Thumb for the dpad..uh how are you supposed to press any buttons with the same hand?

Freestyle my ass, thats gimpstyle.

mCACGj

It might have helped to show a game and how it somehow, in someway makes games more fun, or makes it more interactive. This just seems cumbersome and dumb. I'm a huge Nintendo guy and this is sad. What the hell?

MrDaravon

Red Scarlet said:
How the hell are you supposed to use that thing with 1 hand? Thumb for the dpad..uh how are you supposed to press any buttons with the same hand?

The trigger button beneath. I can almost see playing with two hands; left hand using the smaller a/b buttons on the bottom of the controller, the right hand using d-pad and other two buttons, both hands to move the remote if necessary. I really want to hold this thing and see how it feels.

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
From IGN:

'Also, since the controller flips on its side to work very much like a NES pad, it would be interesting to mix up gameplay and throw in an old-school challenge'

I guess thats pretty cool...

robot

man this thread is gonna be awesome when I wake up tomorrow.

i like the fact that you can turn it sideways to play old games (?) but um thats it.

"I really want to hold this thing and see how it feels."

just hold your tv remote to get an idea.

Odysseus

Banned
Helznicht said:
The boomerang is lookin pretty damn good right about now.

quoted for truth

Holy cow, I was not actually expecting them to totally kill the controller as we know it. I figured they would throw in some relatively useless gimmick and everything else would be status quo.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Again, it's very unique and I'm interested to see what they do with it...

...but at the same time, I really don't want to use something like that. It almost seems different just for the sake of being different...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
ASCII TO FILE LAWSUIT
ascii_grip.jpg

FILM AT ELEVEN

so this thing required a major budget?
Oh yes it absolutely did.

And don't forget they couldn't reveal it until today, because Sony and Microsoft were totally going to steal it, too.

SailorDaravon said:
The trigger button beneath. I can almost see playing with two hands; left hand using the smaller a/b buttons on the bottom of the controller, the right hand using d-pad and other two buttons, both hands to move the remote if necessary. I really want to hold this thing and see how it feels.

So games are reverting to 1-button?

Fuck that, I'm a lefty. My right thumb knows nothing about d-pads.

metdroid said:
From IGN:

'Also, since the controller flips on its side to work very much like a NES pad, it would be interesting to mix up gameplay and throw in an old-school challenge'

I guess thats pretty cool...

Yeah, but what about SNES/N64/GC? It's missing quit a few buttons and stuff..

*feels sorry for anyone that sold their old systems due to bwc of rev.*

Axl

Huh.. well.. could always make a GTA style game where you can beat someone with a stick! Put a soft pillow down in front of you and go to town!

Deku

Banned
One hand for the D-pad other hand for other buttons. It's basically a controller broken into two pieces.

Infinate combinations of controller configurations by simply switching around different controller accessories. One game may use a d-pad, another may use analog stick.

MS and Sony will be stealing this soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom