• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rez Infinite Gets a Physical Release, Vinyl Soundtrack, Art Book, T-Shirt & More

LiK

iam8bit needs to get their act together with delays. NMS EE still hasn't shipped and now Rez is taking a while.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
They have been taking the piss from start to (eventual) finish.

amnq0In.png

Nick

I hate iam8bit so much. They won't let me cancel my preorder, and PSVR has been out for almost a month.

Estimated ship date on the prodcut page is now early December

I got a $9 refund on my shipping charge (UK store) after emailing again, so at least there's that

EDIT: Lmao

wnZOlkZ.png

Yeah for people who don't order from iam8bit often, this is unfortunately a regular occurrence. Expect lengthy delays and minimum communication. I'd never buy something from iam8bit as the primary means to play/listen to something.

Turnstyle

Estimated ship date on the prodcut page is now early December

I got a $9 refund on my shipping charge (UK store) after emailing again, so at least there's that

EDIT: Lmao

wnZOlkZ.png

Yeah, just got the email:

Tempted to cancel at this point, losing any faith in actually having this before Christmas. Definitely never going to order from these guys again.

Turnstyle

I hate iam8bit so much. They won't let me cancel my preorder, and PSVR has been out for almost a month.

Depends on your location, but you should have the right to cancel. In the UK at least you can cancel items up to 14 days after delivery - as these haven't even been sent out yet it shouldn't be a problem. Rights will vary by country though.

Turnstyle

I cancelled my order for the physical edition of Rez this week. I'm just going to buy it digitally so I can actually play it now.

I know a lot of people don't mind waiting for their copy, given that it's a collectors item, and while it would be cool to have a physical copy, I hate the way Iam8bit have constantly moved the goalposts and communicated the delays really poorly (although it seems this is par for the course for them, judging by other comments).

Anyway, I've had my order cancelled without any problem. The say in their terms that you can cancel within 14 days of ordering, but that's not actually right, not in UK law at least. You can cancel an online order up to 14 days after delivery, according to the Consumer Contracts Regulations. Not sure about other countries.

Good luck to anyone still waiting, I hope they turn up soon!

Ultima_5

any of this shit ready?

what a fucked company. i'm never ordering anything from them again. i don't care how neat it seems.

Still waiting for NMS EE and Rez. This is hilarious. Can these guys ship anything out on time?
I haven't heard of a single item they've released on time... But hey! They just announced a few new pre-orders this week, get excited hype train woo woooooo

Pro-tip: avoid these fucks like the plague if your money is involved.

LiK

I haven't heard of a single item they've released on time... But hey! They just announced a few new pre-orders this week, get excited hype train woo woooooo

Pro-tip: avoid these fucks like the plague if your money is involved.
yup, not ordering anything else until after they actually ship my shit out. I feel like I backed a Kickstarter of online shops.

soultron

Banned
Yeah, this is the last time I buy anything from them. I'm just floored by how other companies like DataDiscs or Mondo manage to effectively handle their production estimates and offer better shipping. To be frank, I don't care how premium or bespoke IA8Bs stuff is anymore, it doesn't matter when the buying experience is so awful when compared to the other companies I've listed.

Semoreh

I don't mind waiting for Rez since it's for me only. However, I mitigated the shipping cost by ordering Undertale's Vinyl Soundtrack and it's supposed to be a Christmas present. Maybe I ought to think of a plan B ? ^^'

I don't mind waiting for Rez since it's for me only. However, I mitigated the shipping cost by ordering Undertale's Vinyl Soundtrack and it's supposed to be a Christmas present. Maybe I ought to think of a plan B ? ^^'

Are you expecting Undertale to ship on time too?

hawk2025

lol, Undertale isn't ready yet, either.

Hell, I'm still waiting on Uncharted 4, Killer Instinct... so many.

Ibuki

Banned
After waiting a few days for an e-mail response, they offered me a refund for the game via PayPal, but they would not cancel the shirt (which they were holding until the game released).

I thought it was worth a shot e-mailing them, but afaik they don't normally offer refunds at all.

Dyna

I ordered Rez a while ago because I had a 20% off coupon and I noticed I had received an email with a code that I could redeem on the PS Store (some Rez theme or something) but it didn't even work and when I messaged them about it they said the codes only work on the US store and that they can't offer an EU store code. So stupid...

Turnstyle

I thought it was worth a shot e-mailing them, but afaik they don't normally offer refunds at all.

I've mentioned it several times in this thread already, but depending on your location, they have to offer refunds by law if you haven't received the item yet, even if you're outside the 'up to 14 days since order' window that they arbitrarily allow for refunds on their site.

Check your countries online purchasing laws. I'm not too hot on US consumer laws, but a quick look online seems to imply that if a product is delayed beyond 30 days, you have cancellation rights:

Delays

If the seller is unable to ship within the promised time, it must notify you, give a revised shipping date and give you the chance to cancel for a full refund or accept the new shipping date. The seller also must give you some way to exercise the cancellation option for free — for example, by supplying a prepaid reply card or staffing a toll-free telephone number.

If you don’t respond — and the delay is 30 days or less — it’s assumed that you accept the delay and are willing to wait for the merchandise.
If you don’t respond — and the delay is more than 30 days — the order must be canceled by the 30th day of the delay period and a full refund issued promptly.

If the seller can’t meet the revised shipping date, it must notify you again by mail, email or telephone and give you a new shipping date or cancel your order and give you a refund.

The order should be canceled and a refund issued promptly unless you indicate by the revised shipping date that you are willing to wait.
If you don’t respond to the second notice, the seller should assume that you are not willing to wait issue a full refund promptly.

https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received#rights

As mentioned before, if you're a UK buyer, you can cancel the order under the Consumer Contracts Regulations.

What I'm saying is please never take a company at its word when it comes to refunds or cancellations, you usually have more rights than they let on.

Valonquar

Tempted to cancel at this point, losing any faith in actually having this before Christmas. Definitely never going to order from these guys again.

Fun Fact: You can't cancel your pre-order. It was part of the fine print you agreed to when you placed the order. I tried to cancel back at PSVR release when they said it was going to be delayed the first time and they told me they wouldn't.

Shaneus

I'll ask again as it may have been missed: Has *anything* physical from the Rez promotion gone out yet? I'm talking t-shirts, badges and obviously the game and vinyl.

Fun Fact: You can't cancel your pre-order. It was part of the fine print you agreed to when you placed the order. I tried to cancel back at PSVR release when they said it was going to be delayed the first time and they told me they wouldn't.
I reckon if you email them *and* tweet them, they'll cancel it for you.

I'll ask again as it may have been missed: Has *anything* physical from the Rez promotion gone out yet? I'm talking t-shirts, badges and obviously the game and vinyl.

I reckon if you email them *and* tweet them, they'll cancel it for you.

The shirts and badges exist, I'm 99% sure anyone who ordered only those has had them sent out already.

Shaneus

Oh dear. There's really no excuse for not at least having the shirts out, either.

My wishes for good luck to all who ordered still remain.

Top Bottom