• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku Community Thread - Hey Baby, How's It Going?

I definitely recommend importing if possible, but if you cannot reasonably, there are ways that you can look up to make the rhythm more doable - I don't remember how to do it, but I tried the fan translation and did what a friend told me to do and I can actually do the Bon Odori, which I remember was the hardest one.

I did import but the saving is fucked :p

I did import but the saving is fucked :p

Ah :v I had a similar problem with Astro Boy: Omega Factor, though it didn't happen until a while after I finished the game for the first time. I eventually got it as a birthday gift from my mother, and noticed that the label was distinctly different from the one I had.

But yeah, I think if you use VBA-M and mess with the frame skip settings, it might get fixed. Can't guarantee it'll work, I'm just going off of memory

Yeah I'm just going to try and play through the game and not worry about the medals, hopefully I can manage a pass in everything despite some issues.

Really disappointing considering I have the cart sitting right here :(

Yeah I'm just going to try and play through the game and not worry about the medals, hopefully I can manage a pass in everything despite some issues.

Really disappointing considering I have the cart sitting right here :(

Just sayin', that VBA-M emulator + frameskip modification trick might very well work :v You'll probably be able to get medals this way, and TBH, I dunno if it'll be any fun to play off-beat even if you do pass. :p

the only solution is to leave the game running and/or play through the game in one sitting, obviously!

Well that's what I was doing but it froze on me after remix 3 :p

Just sayin', that VBA-M emulator + frameskip modification trick might very well work :v You'll probably be able to get medals this way, and TBH, I dunno if it'll be any fun to play off-beat even if you do pass. :p

Yeah it seems to be working pretty well, up to the 5th row now without much trouble.
Using whatever version of VBA I had installed on my Mac from way back when.

K, I beat it :p

I think the series has only gotten better as it went on, as this felt like the weakest entry. Wasn't really much in the way of standout songs or games. But I mean, it's Rhythm Heaven, so of course it was still great.

Kinsei

Banned
K, I beat it :p

I think the series has only gotten better as it went on, as this felt like the weakest entry. Wasn't really much in the way of standout songs or games. But I mean, it's Rhythm Heaven, so of course it was still great.

I can't agree with there being no stand out games in it. Tap Trial, Power Calligraphy, and Rabbit Jump are all some of my favorite games in the series. I do agree that overall every entry has been better than it's predecessor. I hope Megamix can keep up the trend.

llehuty

I can't agree with there being no stand out games in it. Tap Trial, Power Calligraphy, and Rabbit Jump are all some of my favorite games in the series. I do agree that overall every entry has been better than it's predecessor. I hope Megamix can keep up the trend.
Power caligraphy is the absolute GOAT. Lost count on how many times I played that.

Top-tier stages from RT:

1. Karate Man
2. Rhythm Epilation
3. Remix 2
4. Remix 5
5. Stealth Rat
6. Air Batter
7. Doctor Bacteria
8. Samurai Slice
9. Rabbit Jump
10. Night Walk
11. Power Calligraphy
12. Rap Men/Rap Women
13. Bon Odori
14. Remix 8

I think RT is better than the DS game, not even just due to controls but also stages.

1. Glee Club
2. Fill Bots
3. Shoot-'Em-Up
4. Love Lizards
5. Fan Club
6. Crop Stomp
7. Love Lab
8. Drummer Duel
9. Karate Man
10. Lockstep
11. Remix 8

And for me, RT didn't really have any bad levels, while RH had a few, like the table tennis levels.

daydream

Banned
best rt stages: toss boys, bon odori, sneaky spirits, rap (wo)men, power calligraphy, fireworks, karate man, space ball, ninja, bunny hop, night walk

Overall though, I think Rhythm Heaven Fever is the best in terms of original content. I mean

1. Screwbot Factory
2. See Saw
3. Hole in One
4. Monkey Watch
5. Air Rally
6. Figure Fighter
7. Ringside
8. Samurai Slice
9. Catch of the Day
10. Exhibition Match (possibly my favourite in the series)
11. Donk Donk
12. Launch Party
13. Karate Man
14. Love Rap (underrated!)
15. Flock Step
16. Remix 8
17. Remix 9
18. Cheer Squad

I will say that RHF, like the DS game, has some bad stages. The shrimp one just isn't any good, Packing Pests is just okay, Tambourine is the worst, and Remix 10 is the least inspired final stage in the series.

daydream

Banned
catch of the day, figure fighter and launch party are bad, though

anyway, i've written extensively about my feelings on fever in this thread. it's easily the weakest entry in the series for my money. still amazing, though

And Launch Party is awesome. The song's fun, the visuals are enjoyable, and I like how they actually do the timing. I mean, it's really no different than if they did, say, a vocal cue, and it'd be a shame to lose what I think is a neat concept involving the countdowns (which are pretty thematic because they're counting down to launch).

Neoxon

Rhythm Heaven Megamix was listed alongside other physical 3DS games for both the Americas & Europe for this fiscal year.

35l.jpg

This likely means that both the US & Europe will get physical copies of the game.

Timeless

Rhythm Heaven Megamix was listed alongside other physical 3DS games for both the Americas & Europe for this fiscal year.

This likely means that both the US & Europe will get physical copies of the game.
Is this still happening? We haven't heard anything since then, right? Besides the digital-only North America release and presumed cart release for Europe.

daydream

Banned
played the demo after not having looked at any megamix content with the exception of the initial announcement trailer

the older games being back as significantly shorter versions with gimped music (seriously, what did they do to you, rhythm rally) is the bummer of the century

the finer scoring system and the star by perfectly nailing a certain beat also seem misguided and a step in the totally wrong direction

pretty gutted right now

played the demo after not having looked at any megamix content with the exception of the initial announcement trailer

the older games being back as significantly shorter versions with gimped music (seriously, what did they do to you, air rally) is the bummer of the century

the finer scoring system and the star by perfectly nailing a certain beat also seem misguided and a step in the totally wrong direction

pretty gutted right now

I could've told you that months ago

the older games being back as significantly shorter versions with gimped music (seriously, what did they do to you, air rally) is the bummer of the century

pretty gutted right now

The full versions of those songs are in the game. You just play them later on.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Even worse is my Twitter keeps displaying a Nintendo UK promoted tweet about this game. Been taunting me for weeks now.

I should actually consider getting my order in somewhere.

miitopia has a ton of the same staff as rhythm heaven megamix leaving me to assume it's the same team, soooo unless this "disbanding" has happened in the time between its release and now, nintendo's corporate restructuring hasn't really done anything to affect the RH team as far as i'm aware

Tyeforce

I wish we would've gotten a Rhythm Heaven character in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U like what was originally planned. No doubt Megamix would have benefited from the exposure, and the series' future probably wouldn't be in question like this...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Because it's a rumor, methinks it's a guy who cobbled stuff he saw online.

He probably saw the "Tsunku has cancer so he had his vocal chords removed" and assumed the worst. We probably wouldn't get new RH for a long time, but not because of poor performance.

Top Bottom