• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rhythm Tengoku for Wii announced!

d+pad

Woo hoo! This announcement blows all of the 3DS announcements (and even the new Kirby DS announcement) out of the water for me.

I'd really like there to be a button-only option for this, but I'm sure it'll be great regardless.

Koomaster

bon said:
Why would they use buttons? No point in making Rhythm Tengoku for Wii without motion control.
It'll probably be a mix of both.

Hopefully it comes to the US; will definitely pick it up if so since I enjoyed the other games so much in the series!

Adam J.

I've been waiting for a Wii installment in this series since the system launched.

I will seriously cry if it doesn't get a US release. Do we really have any reason to speculate this horrible possibility? I wasn't sure how well Rhythm Heaven was received in the West. I figure a large part of Nintendo's decision would hinge on those numbers.

I never meant to hurt you, Adam J.

It did "OK" in the US. Somewhere around 250K or so, I believe (/ made up). Nintendo broke out Beyonce for the ad campaign, so they pushed it kind of hard. Were they happy with the sales? Hard to say.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Adam J. said:
I've been waiting for a Wii installment in this series since the system launched.

I will seriously cry if it doesn't get a US release. Do we really have any reason to speculate this horrible possibility? I wasn't sure how well Rhythm Heaven was received in the West. I figure a large part of Nintendo's decision would hinge on those numbers.

It underperformed.

It sold in the hundreds of thousands, instead of the millions from the Japanese release.

Gameboy415 said:
Hopefully this one is released Stateside!

Anyone who hasn't played the original GBA game MUST import it - it's excellent!
I personally think it's MUCH better than the DS game.
I keep meaning to play through more of the DS game but it just doesn't click with me the same way the GBA version did probably because I found the flicking controls to be poor and unresponsive (not sure if being left handed and finding the book position uncomfortable is part of it), I seriously hope motion control isn't a mess-up in the same way.

I wonder if they'll offer classic NES style control. I mean (different dev and all but a similar rhythm game) Punch-Out offered both motion and NES control (though IIRC the consensus was using the motion control makes things way harder than it should be).

Regulus Tera said:
It underperformed.

It sold in the hundreds of thousands, instead of the millions from the Japanese release.
It also kind of flopped in Europe. You can easily find it for £10 these days as opposed to the £30 it was commanding when it came out (and the £25 I paid seeing it fall in price was painful)

Teknoman

remz said:
scratch-o!

love it. Although I share the similar concerns of the guy talking about the wii remote, it's going to be sort of hard to wave the thing around in rhythm... i think.

Dont be. How many first party wii titles have bad controls?

Top Bottom