• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riccitiello email leaked to WSJ . . . Madden sales down . . . full message herein

Stoney Mason said:
It's not just MW. It's WoW. It's Diablo 3. It's StarCraft, etc. EA makes a lot of money. But they spend a shitload also. So the balance book isn't adding up yet.

Yeah. It's not just MW. I was kind of making comparison with Pre-merger Activision. Blizzard single handedly gave Activision much more strength overall. Blizzard implementing live like system and all other things, I wouldn't be surprise if Activision is planning to compete directly with MS and Sony in long term.

ClosingADoor said:
They could have done it with Medal of Honor. A few years ago that series was a favourite of many, but went down quickly, leaving the space open for COD.

EA has some really great games to look forward to, and I hope they do well. Really loving the EA of this gen, hopefully they never go back to the old them.

Yeah. EA should try again fresh with MP focused shooter.

It is a bad economy and all but...

$60 (which is really closer to $65 w/tax) is a lot to pay for roster updates. I have bought almost every madden but I didnt this year. Keep in mind, the Madden generation is older, some of us have kids and Madden is a game you need to finish. Even 5 minute quarters can go a long time. I wouldnt mind seeing a full release every other year with roster updates in between. Its just too much every year.

Tellaerin said:
You're so deadpan, it's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic.

I approach every Astrolad post as a meta commentary on the meta commenatry around the meta commentary of what the post would apply to if taken literally.

Top Bottom