• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Gotcha. I still think DX:HR is pretty unlikely though, is Final Fantasy out of the question? I'd imagine it's ruled out for not being part of a popular franchise, but Sleeping Dogs looks like it could be a perfect fit for the U's touchscreen - which is not to say it looks any good one way or the other.

Kagari says it's an Eidos game and she's given us no reason not to trust her.

Yonafunu

Maybe.
IdULpri.jpg

This must be it.

Mileena

Banned
Gotcha. I still think DX:HR is pretty unlikely though, is Final Fantasy out of the question? I'd imagine it's ruled out for not being part of a popular franchise, but Sleeping Dogs looks like it could be a perfect fit for the U's touchscreen - which is not to say it looks any good one way or the other.

what?

AzVal

Since there is no Direct announced so far whats the best that could be announced tomorrow?
a price cut?
I mean if it were a game from Nintendo it would have been announced in the last direct
Dates were announced recently as well.

My prediction is a Localization, like with X Zone

AzVal

Guyze, guyze, srsly, I know it! It's gotsta be Resident Evil 4 U HD! Nintendo listened to the agonized moans of their customers and pleaded with Konami for a quick port to give Wii U owners more games to play!

Seriously though, I'm not getting hyped. We shall see what this is all about soon enough.

Wasnt that joke with MGS only?

NateDrake

Since there is no Direct announced so far whats the best that could be announced tomorrow?
a price cut?
I mean if it were a game from Nintendo it would have been announced in the last direct
Dates were announced recently as well.

My prediction is a Localization, like with X Zone

Localization of what? There isn't a major Wii U game that is Japan-only right now.

Should have done it after Sony's event.

Nintendo Direct February 21st, DQX release date, Wii U price drop, Monster Hunter 4U, more X Monolith details, DQVIII 3DS/Wii U, Final Fantasy VersUs XIII, Kingdom Hearts 3, Mario Kart U, Mario Galaxy 3, and Persona 5U all announced.

It's gonna happen, bros. It's gonna happen.

Lol you started off with some realistic things and then went off on a tangent into fantasyland.

ArynCrinn

Banned
It's got to be a Dark Souls port with interesting Gamepad online features. Or Nintendo ninjas have covertly extracted Warren Spector from Disney's evil grasp and Nintendo's moneyhatting a Ultima Underworld 3 exclusive. Nothing else seems reasonable to assume...

Krowley

I wouldn't be surprised if it is something like Nintendo hiring someone important, or maybe opening a new studio or buying a studio.

It could also be a game release date being moved up, or moved back. Maybe some game we haven't even seen yet is getting moved up.

A price drop maybe

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
"Very interesting" could mean many things...

True, though it would seem in poor taste for him to hype his Nintendo readers about a game not coming to the platform.

zroid

Banned
"Very interesting" could mean many things...

Generally yes, but because Rich teased it as such, I would expect it to be something "positive" for Wii U. Still, how positive is completely open season.

edit: damn you schuelma

It isn't out on Wii U in Japan yet. So that wouldn't be an interesting announcement to make in North America and would be something that can wait.

It'll be a random eShop title or minor, but still good, third-party game.

DQX is out in Japan for Wii, is currently in Beta for Wii U, and releases on Wii U in Japan in less than two weeks.

Not to mention excluding it from the "no major games left to localize" list because it isn't out for less than 2 weeks is pretty dumb. It's a major title that has had no news about localization. That's a fact.

NateDrake

DQX is out in Japan for Wii, is currently in Beta for Wii U, and releases on Wii U in Japan in less than two weeks.

Not to mention excluding it from the "no major games left to localize" list because it isn't out for less than 2 weeks is pretty dumb. It's a major title that has had no news about localization. That's a fact.

The game isn't releasing in Japan in 2 weeks. The beta for Wii U begins in 2 weeks, or it will be announced when it begins on Feb. 18, at least. A release is still Spring 2013.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
The Project X Zone localization wasn't that interesting aside from the fact that everyone thought it wasn't going to happen, there are more interesting RPGs coming out for 3DS before it like the just released Fire Emblem and Soul Hackers in April. I doubt this will be much either.

Takao

Banned
ERR DQX Wii U isn't coming out until like May in Japan... The news in two weeks is about when the Wii U Beta begins.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Probably Deus Ex: Human Revolution Wii U.

"very interesting" because "man that game is good, cool" and "why the hell would you port this now omg".

WiiU daily just posted its latest news on some big changes to Miiverse that starts today. Apparently now you can only post every five minutes and posts not relating to specific games will be removed.

I think that could be categorized as 'pretty interesting' and also extremely silly. That's exactly the opposite of what I wanted Miiverse to turn into.

Nintendo makes it so difficult to support them.

NateDrake

WiiU daily just posted its latest news on some big changes to Miiverse that starts today. Apparently now you can only post every five minutes and posts not relating to specific games will be removed.

I think that could be categorized as 'pretty interesting' and also extremely silly. That's exactly the opposite of what I wanted Miiverse to turn into.

Nintendo makes it so difficult to support them.

You can only make new posts every 5 minutes. You can comment as much and often as you want. What about this is making supporting Nintendo hard for you? You can only post on a forum every minute, so what's the big deal?

You can only make new posts every 5 minutes. You can comment as much and often as you want. What about this is making supporting Nintendo hard for you? You can only post on a forum every minute, so what's the big deal?

The last month on miiverse has been great and totally informal - I post on there with people like I do on GAF - about whatever. But now how will group discussions even begin if they just get removed?

Meelow

Banned
The last month on miiverse has been great and totally informal - I post on there with people like I do on GAF - about whatever. But now how will group discussions even begin if they just get removed?

Nintendo will allow users to create your own chats soon.

StevieP

Banned
Probably Deus Ex: Human Revolution Wii U.

"very interesting" because "man that game is good, cool" and "why the hell would you port this now omg".

I didn't like the game that much ("meh fest" above describes it perfectly for me), but yes... I have no idea what Rich is announcing but those of you sleuthing on Straight Right to figure out which game they're porting have done good. lol

Communities?

I think they need to let users create 'communities' just like threads. The communities they have now are fine but they only revolve around the Wii U's current games. It would be great to be able to start communities about any gaming topic you wanted to discuss.

NateDrake

I think they need to let users create 'communities' just like threads. The communities they have now are fine but they only revolve around the Wii U's current games. It would be great to be able to start communities about any gaming topic you wanted to discuss.

They are going to let users make communities. They said this during the last Nintendo Direct.

mclem

It won't be major announcement from Rich... Rich announced Project X Zone Localization for 3DS.

(It isn't big to me)

To be fair, though, it is interesting. Which is exactly the term he promoted that announcement with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom