• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

?oe?oe

WiiU daily just posted its latest news on some big changes to Miiverse that starts today. Apparently now you can only post every five minutes and posts not relating to specific games will be removed.

I think that could be categorized as 'pretty interesting' and also extremely silly. That's exactly the opposite of what I wanted Miiverse to turn into.

Nintendo makes it so difficult to support them.
Damn it Nintendo. Master Nairb wants to spam and you wont let him!

Effect

I'm completely fine with DX:HR and DOA5+. I really am. I just dont want them to be the only 3rd party titles.

I do not want Deus Ex again. Played it on the PC and loved it. However I do not understand how those bosses could be fought with a controller. Unless the console version of the game was altered and made easier. Rather get Tomb Raider or Sleeping Dogs instead if I had to choose a recent game to get a late port. Hell Borderlands 2 would be good since everyone would have a built in mic for co-op communication.

I don't understand the DOA5 and Ninja Gaiden trade. What's fair about losing what was suppose to be an exclusive for another late multiplatform game?

With Dragon Quest X news coming later in the month it can't be related to that. Almost hoping fake Reggie twitter account is right and it's Nintendo Land DLC.

Dragon Quest X is never going to be free to play. It's a straight MMORPG. More Final Fantasy XI, Everquest, World of Warcraft and less Phantasy Star Online and Monster Hunter.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Why? Famitsu is already out. KT's games don't get reveals in JUMP, and even if they did, why would a US journo know? They have no Wii U software pending localization announcements.

With Harker's post, seems like either Ubisoft or Tecmo.

I didn't like the game that much ("meh fest" above describes it perfectly for me), but yes... I have no idea what Rich is announcing but those of you sleuthing on Straight Right to figure out which game they're porting have done good. lol

Christ, it's like a sick joke on SE's part.

Yeah, Master Nairb also wants to play some good Wii U games but Nintendo won't let him do that either.

500x_miya2.jpg

Effect

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12

Do those games even sell outside of Japan? I know they do localize them but how well do they even do.

Still do not understand the point of a Deus Ex port at this point in time. I really don't. That game came out in 2011. It's 2013 now!

last time we had plenty of clues it was Project X Zone because Capcom, Namco, and Sega twitted something was coming that same time

any twitter clues now?

BeauRoger

Unconfirmed Member
Hope its a collaboration with a western studio. Nintendo needs much more of that, and they have much to learn from the west.

Seda

So the speculated options are: (not including wishful announcements like Persona 5 or Metroid Dread)

-Straight Right's Wii U port (Deus Ex: Human Revolution most likely)
-Dead or Alive 5 Wii U port
-Spring update/Wii U Virtual Console
-Dragon Quest X Localization
-Price Drop/Ambassador Program (I highly doubt this...)
-A Wii U game no longer being exclusive (Would be odd for Rich to tease this though)

Missing anything?

Effect

Neither is Rayman Legends.

It would be very dumb to announce ports at this time.

It would but that has never stopped a gaming company before. It recently just happen with Castlevania for the 3DS.

If Rayman Legends has any possibility of going multiplatform I see no reason to rush out and buy it at launch. Part of me struggling on to get it day one or wait a few weeks was because it is an exclusive and I like to give exclusive games for my platform of choice more attention. I'm more willing to spend full price on an exclusive as well. Just one of those things. Talking with money when I buy something or don't buy it.

evanmisha

So the speculated options are: (not including wishful announcements like Persona 5 or Metroid Dread)

-A Wii U game no longer being exclusive (Would be odd for Rich to tease this though)

Missing anything?

Not as if to say that I'm a big fan, but a Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 localization is possible.

'Very interesting', though?

"Interesting" means it won't be anything like a new Nintendo IP or a major third party release. It's likely to be an update/port.

OR.

MetroidMetroidMetroidMetroidMetroidMetroidMetroidMetroidMetroidMetroid

big youth

Nintendo JUST told investors there won't be a price drop, so obviously it's not happening tomorrow.

I think DQX localization/release date is about the right level of what we can expect. maybe an eshop game.

Meesh

Missing anything?
Could be an e- shop remake of a classic Square title *ahem, FF6* or even an HD remaster of another Wii game??

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
ZombiU ported :>

Missing anything?
I think you should add a Wii U game being exclusive.

Izayoi

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom