• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rich (IGN): "Some very interesting Wii U-related news coming tomorrow" [Up: Rayman]

Status
Not open for further replies.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Pretty much what I think.

That's going by Harker, mind you. Doesn't mean this is what Rich is talking about. Could simply be a disconnected interpretation: Razor's Edge is being ported, so now a new port is being announced for the Wii U, irrespective of the publisher.

Like...Deus Ex :>.

That's going by Harker, mind you. Doesn't mean this is what Rich is talking about. Could simply be a disconnected interpretation: Razor's Edge is being ported, so now a new port is being announced for the Wii U, irrespective of the publisher.

Yeah I can't imagine that port isn't almost done. I still don't see how HR Wii U is "very interesting"

SteeloDMZ

Banned
In Rich IGN we trust.

09rich_1317675513.jpg

Yea Im agreeing based off Harkers post too. If its not related to Rich's tweet then whatever lol. If its Deus Ex then yea....its nothing then.

Takao

Banned
Nintendo gives Zombiu exposure by bundling it.

Ubisoft takes the game multiplatform.

DoA5 will probably come to Wii U eventually, but not now. Vita version isn't out yet, and there's no venue to announce a Wii U version this week.

Roo

Please stop
someone make him stop

M2ZYYYw.gif

hatchx

Banned
Pretty much. The most logical interpretations are:

A) Tecmo Koei porting Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge is coupled with something like Dead or Alive 5+ coming to Wii U.
Or B) A Wii U exclusive, like Rayman Legends or ZombiU, is being ported to another system. Maybe with a game from the same company finally announced for the Wii U.

This is an interesting guess, seems a bit reaching. I don't remember the last time a console got an 'apology' game. Maybe FF14 when FF13 went multiplat? Seems odd.

I would buy DOA5 though!

What if it's...

Sonic Adventure 3, Wii U exclusive?

I may have to write my will, because it'd die of happiness if that happened.

You guys get nothing but trolls from heaven, and I leave my belongings to my non-existent goldfish.

AntMurda

Could latest iteration of the Mario Kart arcade series (the third, to be precise) hitting this year also be a signal that Namco Bandai is working on Mario Kart for Wii U? Nintendo certainly is pursuing more partnerships these days (see, well, Namco Bandai leading development on Super Smash Bros.). Either way, we won't have to wait long to find out. Mario Kart is due to debut in playable form for the home console at E3 2013.
-Rich IGN

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. IGN's Nintendo team have very little acumen on things Nintendo. Their deductive reasoning isn't even good. Yes, Rich, I'm sure Mario Kart U is by Namco-Bandai just like Mario Kart Wii Was Mario Kart Arcade GP2.

Also good point on "Nintendo seeking more partnerships these days", never mind the last 10 years or so where we've seen the same level of partnerships in Donkey Konga, Star Fox Assault, Fatal Frame, Metroid Other M, F-Zero GX, Mario & Sonic, Mario Sports Mix, Pokemon Battrio, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle Series, Dance Dance Revolution Mix, etc etc.

Shaffield

What if it's...

Sonic Adventure 3, Wii U exclusive?

I may have to write my will, because it'd die of happiness if that happened.

You guys get nothing but trolls from heaven, and I leave my belongings to my non-existent goldfish.

or a Chao Garden eShop game
hnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg

I'm going to guess that it's a game that someone clearly said wasn't coming to the Wii U coming to Wii U. It's interesting because that person is a fucking liar and it makes no sense that the announcement was held back. Also, it will be a game no one wants.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. IGN's Nintendo team have very little acumen on things Nintendo. Their deductive reasoning isn't even good. Yes, Rich, I'm sure Mario Kart U is by Namco-Bandai just like Mario Kart Wii Was Mario Kart Arcade GP2.
They do have very horrible deductive reasoning but if you get information from within like project x zone localization then that has nothing to do with it.

eternalb

Also good point on "Nintendo seeking more partnerships these days", never mind the last 10 years or so where we've seen the same level of partnerships in Donkey Konga, Star Fox Assault, Fatal Frame, Metroid Other M, F-Zero GX, Mario & Sonic, Mario Sports Mix, Pokemon Battrio, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle Series, Dance Dance Revolution Mix, etc etc.

Agreed on all counts. The Arcade game will remain just that...as we've seen twice before.

Rich ‏@RichIGN
Not to me. =] “@NazHz: @RichIGN Wii Street U powered by Google is not very interesting is it?”

that was me asking :) so VOOK's post is the real deal?

Seda

It better come with the Missing Link DLC, some sort of new interface for hacking on the gamepad, and not sold at $50.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I would say a Deus Ex port only makes sense if the next game is also coming, but we know that probably isn't the case.

Nevermind, it was in NA as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex:_Human_Revolution#Editions

An "Augmented Edition" was released in select European countries, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States. It includes a making-of documentary, motion-comic, E3 trailer, game soundtrack by Michael McCann, animated storyboard, and a 40-page Artbook. In Germany, the Augmented Edition was released as the "Limited Edition". In-game, the player will receive an additional mission, weapons, and credits via the included Explosive Mission Pack and the Tactical Enhancement Pack.[32] The Augmented Edition available in North America does not include the Explosive Mission Pack or the Tactical Enhancement Pack.[32] These packs were available solely as pre-order bonuses from select retailers[33] but are currently available for the PC on Steam. In addition, there is a "Collector's Edition" which includes all the contents of the Augmented Edition as well as a Play Arts Kai figure of the game's protagonist, Adam Jensen. This edition was released exclusively in Europe.[34] A "Nordic" or "Benelux Edition" was released as the default game version in Nordic countries and Benelux, which included both the Explosive Mission Pack and the Tactical Enhancement Pack.[citation needed] Additionally, a separate "Limited Edition" was released in the UK that contained the game along with the Explosive Mission Pack.

That'll teach me to read. XD

The Deus Ex Wii U box doesn't have the yellow line under the top label so it's not real.

^Edit: Wait I guess it is real lmfao.

edit 2: nvm I should have read it better lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom