• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Richard Linklater's Boyhood is currently sitting at a 100% Rottentomatoes score

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's likely to be the first movie since tree of life to make me literally go:
rejoice.png
while watching it.

can't wait til it hits theaters here

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I saw the trailer for this, it really looks excellent. Funnily enough I was thinking the very same concept about a month before. Really want to see this.

I thought it was odd how in the TV spot (in the UK at least), it actually has Linklater in VO explaining the concept of the film. Don't think I've ever seen that happen before.

Finrod

Banned
Count me as one of the few who are not interested in this at all. The concept doesn't sound interesting to me at all, and i am not a fan of the director.

Though i must say, i could easily see this becoming a modern classic. Just not to me.

I have not seen a single thing about this film other than a few stills and having heard about it for years now. I can't wait to finally see it. The Before trilogy is amazing, and I have big expectations for this.

alex92

Neo Member
looks a cool concept but there is hardly any cinemas showing this in the UK! Mainly London and the major cities.

Prez

This is going to be a boring movie like The Man from Earth, right? What a terrible movie that was, yet it has a 85% RT score.

Prez

Lack of guns, explosions and boobs no doubt.

Yeah I guess so, though I did really enjoy movies like Lost in Translation and Lawrence of Arabia. Just a matter of taste and I admit I don't have great taste in movies. I'm not much of a movie buff to start with so I should have just minded my own business :p

lednerg

Been a fan of Linklater since I rented a VHS of Slacker millions of years ago. Very much looking forward to this.

Phinor

Even more impressive is the average rating of 9.4/10. The only other movie (with meaningful number of reviews) I could find that high was The Godfather Part 2. And Citizen Kane. Of course there are others too, but Boyhood is currently trading blows with those movies.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
The Before trilogy are some of my most favorite movies. I've been waiting for Boyhood for a long time and I can't wait to go see it this weekend.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Will the backlash start next month or the month after?

It'll start the second someone who wants a comic book movie pays for a ticket and doesn't understand why there aren't 'splosions, but given the pedigree of the film, it's not likely there is going to be a significant backlash; Before Sunrise, Sunset, and to a lesser extent Midnight are all generally considered to be excellent, original, interesting, worthwhile films.

WoodWERD

Interesting trailer. I'd imagine being cast at such a young age for a 12-year project has to have an enormous impact on your life. It's no Harry Pooter but still...I'll have to read more about this.

This is going to be a boring movie like The Man from Earth, right? What a terrible movie that was, yet it has a 85% RT score.

1: Why the hell are you comparing those two movies, they're nothing alike in...anything
2: The Man From Earth was awesome
3: NO YOU'RE BORING *runs away in tears*

Ridley327

Well ok, but I was thinking more along psychological lines with a kid so young. Just makes me wonder.

I have to imagine that Linklater did the best he could to make sure that he didn't have the kids do anything that they didn't want to. I would hope for that to be the case, given that the young girl is his real life daughter.

Cudder

I heard about a movie that was supposed to be filmed over a number of years a long time ago. Was that this movie? Is this movie the first to do this type of filming?

Ovek

7Member7
Does it have explosions, transforming robots or wise cracking superheroes? If not I'm just not interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom