• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty is goddamn hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't resist. It's so good.

Yeah... I dunno if I've ever actively watched leaked material before, I just couldn't help myself :((( I'm sorry, Dan Harmon! If it's any consolation, I'm definitely gonna end up buying this shit when it hits bluray.

That being said, the first episode of the second season is probably one of the best ones so far. Fucking fantastic.

So I've only seen the free episodes up on Adult Swim, haven't seen the pilot. Is it ever explained why Rick is always burping and drooling everywhere? I hope not.

So I've only seen the free episodes up on Adult Swim, haven't seen the pilot. Is it ever explained why Rick is always burping and drooling everywhere? I hope not.
He's an alcoholic. The first episode he was completely wasted while flying around in his space ship mumbling stuff and left a kind of atom bomb on the original earth they were before they dimensioned hooped into another.

So I binged this show about a week ago

Good lord it's amazing. I think my favorite character (aside from Rick of course) is Jerry and also Morty's sister

Can you believe last night was the first time I watched this show?
I was actually laughing out loud. My GF was asking me what the hell are you watching. It is goddamn hilarious.

The confused face that all the men in the family make cracks me up every time. I love that it was just Morty at first and now they all do it.

Psxphile

Remember when Rixty Minutes was officially put up on Instagram and it somehow actually worked as a viewing experience?

This is not a new episode, but check this out: https://instagram.com/rickandmortyrickstaverse/

holy fuck, lol. Checking out Gazopazorp and some of those sand comments...

Sand. Yum!
#sandlife
If you love sand so damn much why dont you take a handful and shove it up your megaseed hole!
A picture of sand on Instagram. All that's missing is Summer's hot dog legs and #NoFilter.
Is there a middle finger emoji yet? No? Well, then visualize me flipping you the bird in you mind's *BLORCH* eye.

It's going to take a lot of time to parse over everything.

aravuus

The fans can be obnoxious but I mean that's fans in general for you

It's had zero effect on my enjoyment of the show though

You know, shitty people also like pizza and drink water, so are we supposed to die because they're stupid?
Rick and Morty is one of the best show on television, who cares if 0,5% of the fanbase is shit.

Ruflux

Neo Member
https://streamable.com/7s8q3

this why people hate rick and morty fans.. it kinda makes me hate the show.. the internet sure ruins things for everyone...

Because of incredibly obvious 4chan trolls?

I mean come on, he was rolling on the floor going REEEE after being incredibly fake angry and stomping around on the counter, perfectly timed so someone could record the whole ordeal on their phone

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They still have a ways to go before they get to the level of obnoxious white folks screaming RICK JAMES BITCH! and other Chapelle Show lines all over the fucking place.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Gave the first episode a honest whirl last night. Struggled to even finish it.
I guess if you really love poop and fart jokes this show is a hoot.

Does the tone of the show change much over the first two seasons?

sephi22

Yes.
First episode is the worst episode of the series

Blablurn

Watch at least up to the meeseeks episode.

Raide

For all the fart stuff, it really goes dark in places. Keep on going and see. There are moment of fart levity to cheer people up and then it delves back I to the twisted world of Rick and Morty.

Spuck-uk

Banned
It's mediocre to start with, gets honestly really funny for most of the first season, then the second and third seasons are just slowly worse and less interesting.

I started watching the show a month or so ago, the pilot episode is easily the weakest of the first season. It's just fine for the first few episodes, nothing amazing, then really gets into a groove. The first season is my favorite having watched all 3 pretty much back to back.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
You have to ignore the really bad fans in any fandom.

I used to be huge into Community, but even I know how annoying we all became.

I prefer to just enjoy the show now and talk about it normally with people.

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry the Rick and Morty fandom is so reviled now. I feel like peak annoying R&M fans was last season so I'm not sure why it's so popular to hate now.

Sianos

rick and morty the show does actively calls out rick and morty "fans" that don't get the point and deify rick, the guy who's been actively portrayed as taking self-loathing to creative new lows

and honestly it really isn't even subtle about it at this point

rick and morty the show does actively calls out rick and morty "fans" that don't get the point and deify rick, the guy who's been actively portrayed as taking self-loathing to creative new lows

and honestly it really isn't even subtle about it at this point
It's Scarface and Breaking Bad all over again.

Ri'Orius

Just wanted to pop in and say I'm sorry the Rick and Morty fandom is so reviled now. I feel like peak annoying R&M fans was last season so I'm not sure why it's so popular to hate now.

Reaction, by its very nature, lags behind that which is being reacted to.

On that note, I'm happy to join the rising wave of R&M hatred hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom