• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty S3 |OT| Keeping Summer Safe - Sundays on Adult Swim

zeemumu

As shitty as Jerry was, he was the only sane/moderately good person in the family.

Keeping their word on the "Darkest Season" promise so far

jviggy43

LOL Jerry. Honestly, he's way better without Beth. Though they''re probably getting back together before the end of the season.

I hope not. That would sort of defeat the purpose of the message "don't look back".

Decent episode tho. Little too reliant on spoofing Mad Max for my liking.

Xe4

Banned
Good episode. Not as good as the first (which was easily top 5), but still a lot better than some episodes. Felt really long too!

Looking forward to S2E3.
I hope not. That would sort of defeat the purpose of the message "don't look back".

Decent episode tho. Little too reliant on spoofing Mad Max for my liking.
Same. That's just how shows usually work, though.

As shitty as Jerry was, he was the only sane/moderately good person in the family.

I love Jerry as a character because he's kind of stupid but he's also the most level headed one in the family. You can totally see where Morty gets his stupidity but common sense from.

Kyzer

Banned
that was great, the topic of AI becoming self aware just becoming a nothing matters joke was amazing. Morty was like "hello"

Man that Big Johnson shirt killed me

aqK9jSL.png

zeemumu

I love Jerry as a character because he's kind of stupid but he's also the most level headed one in the family. You can totally see where Morty gets his stupidity but common sense from.

Pretty much.

Rick's a monster

Beth's in dangerous amounts of denial about Rick's activities, which have gotten some of them killed at least once

Summer puts on the facade that she has life figured out and is constantly proven wrong by Rick or Morty every single time.

Morty's a living human-shield who's in way over his head and has no choice but to go along with Rick, committing various atrocities after mostly giving up and going straight into nihilism when he realized that his life was essentially pointless and worth very little in the scope of the multiverse after burying himself and going on like nothing happened

But Jerry's just a loser. He's not bright, he likes stupid things, is shitty at his job, and typically does a poor job of asserting himself to stand up for his family without outside help.

The difference between Jerry and the rest of the family is that Jerry's the only one who shows any degree of legitimately learning from his mistakes and using them to improve himself and his relationship with his family. Beth and Summer revert and Morty and Rick gave up.

So with the fact the title card on all the commercials shows Rick and Beth in the shitty living room in the post apocalypse universe and they showed a Pocket Mortys version of Beth called "Wasteland Beth" on the commercial for next week's episode, I'm going to assume there's going to be a lot more of that place in the season?

Merrydeath

Based Wolf or Coyote. I guess we going to see how much Jerry will suffer without beth and the kids in this season or will Beth cave in and have Jerry move back in? Who knows

I'm hyped for Pickle Rick though

Zero315

Banned
Adult Swim's website is shitting the bed hard. Can't get past the first three minutes of the episode before it craps out.

Geist-

Okay episode, not great but had to be done after E1.

Robots were great, ending was best part.

"Aw geez, my sister died in the spaghetti."

I'm surprised people thought it was average to below average. I thought it was hilarious. Maybe I'm too high to analyze objectively.

I feel like we're in good hands this season, episode 1 was great too.

I wonder how long until they run out of ideas and the show takes a noticeable dip in quality.

Top Bottom