• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick and Morty Season 3 coming in 2017, Harmon is thinking about making a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akahige

that article reads like it was written by a bot or something

i think the only reports about a march 2017 release come from the statements made by mr poopybutthole at the end of season 2? not sure how seriously that was meant to be taken, but the gap between seasons 1 and 2 was almost that long so it could end up being accurate

the "19 episodes" thing is a complete misunderstanding of what Harmon said about "joining the exclusive club of shows that have more than 19 episodes"

also

‘Rick and Morty’ Improvised Episode Coming Next Month at Animation Breakdown 2015
Thanks for some actually information.

The Improvised episode sounds neat.

Tarsul

what's all the surprise about the "long" wait about? It was spoiled in the ending of the last episode already.

They've mentioned making games for a while

YdqiSOC.png

ROY!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
that article reads like it was written by a bot or something
Yeah, a bot or someone who doesn't really understand English and can't judge the credibility of sources.

That's crazy. At least we still have Archer and Bojack next year. Right.
Venture Bros!

People complaining about the wait crack me up. You have no idea what it's like to actually wait for episodes.

Ridley327

People complaining about the wait crack me up. You have no idea what it's like to actually wait for episodes.

No kidding. Even discounting Venture Bros., you had stuff like The Boondocks that took forever to come out, even back when McGruder was still working on it, and when it was by far the biggest original program on AS.

dity

I gots absolutely no idea how they're going to do a season 3, unless they completely retcon season 2 by maybe having the family living inside a Matrix-like thing again, it breaks and Rick's like "it's been 2 years now, 2015 was a lie it's 2017 now because fuuuck 2016!" and then things open up like it's a sequel to season 1.

PSqueak

Banned
So that's what Valve has been working on.

Just kidding, but man...

Wasn't their alleged collaboration with Valve a completely unrelated game that just had a poopybuthole like creature as a place holder on the concept art?

I gots absolutely no idea how they're going to do a season 3, unless they completely retcon season 2 by maybe having the family living inside a Matrix-like thing again, it breaks and Rick's like "it's been 2 years now, 2015 was a lie it's 2017 now because fuuuck 2016!" and then things open up like it's a sequel to season 1.

My prediction:

The fuckery that the family will go down to get Rick back will force them to flee their current dimension to one where the earth wasn't folded into the galactic federation thingy, making the year or two they'd spend in alien integrated earth completely null.

Euron

A game with procedurally generated dimensions with some scripted ones for main missions is the only way a Rick and Morty game could be done. Just find the right developer and give them an ample amount of time.

G-Bus

Banned
2017 :( but 19 episodes :D

They have a lot of time now for writing so hopefully a lot of good content. Season 2 was a little dissappinting.

dity

Wasn't their alleged collaboration with Valve a completely unrelated game that just had a poopybuthole like creature as a place holder on the concept art?

My prediction:

The fuckery that the family will go down to get Rick back will force them to flee their current dimension to one where the earth wasn't folded into the galactic federation thingy, making the year or two they'd spend in alien integrated earth completely null.

I definitely think season 2 is going to be retconned in some way.

I would prefer them to take longer and keep the same episode count, considering that each season is half good and half garbage episodes like anatomy park and tiny rick.

In the Tiny Rick episode he is laying on the ground, an old ass man in a teenagers body with his grandchildren strapping headphones on him playing Elliot Smith ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPD-a1FjUtU ) - That episode is fucking awesome. And Anatomy Park? Had some amazing body puns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom