• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick & Morty [Mafia] |OT| Someone's been spending too much time around glowing rocks

Sorian

Banned
It's day 4 and you're all still alive and I see that this is going towards another mislynch so let's narrow this down for the last two and a half hours. I'm a weak cop, Ghost in a Jar for those that care about flavor, Giant Panda is town. Mostly a shot in the dark on N1. Thinking down the list, he seemed like an easy town pick and I didn't want to go down that early.

I checked Fat N2. Chose who I expected to be most town from the two (him and Zee). Figured then it wouldn't matter, now I know it didn't.

I checked Ouro N3. Thought he was town but wanted to actually be sure because he keeps pushing for the day 2 lynch to be all resolved.

Now can we talk real options. And those that like excitement get two claims today.

Sorian

Banned
That's

1). A pretty odd conclusion when you don't know night actions
2). Pretty optimistic
3). If you turn out to be neutral, very convenient

What about it is an odd conclusion? It makes complete sense barring extreme luck as detailed one Faddy's post under yours.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's day 4 and you're all still alive and I see that this is going towards another mislynch so let's narrow this down for the last two and a half hours. I'm a weak cop, Ghost in a Jar for those that care about flavor, Giant Panda is town. Mostly a shot in the dark on N1. Thinking down the list, he seemed like an easy town pick and I didn't want to go down that early.

I checked Fat N2. Chose who I expected to be most town from the two (him and Zee). Figured then it wouldn't matter, now I know it didn't.

I checked Ouro N3. Thought he was town but wanted to actually be sure because he keeps pushing for the day 2 lynch to be all resolved.

Now can we talk real options. And those that like excitement get two claims today.
...squidy is that you

Verelios

Amazing. So we can put the Fat discussion to rest and I guess, begrudgingly not lynch Ouro.

SalvaPot

Yj7XYRJ.gif

Ourobolus

Banned
I mean, his power is easily verifiable (Lynch him or a cleaned person)

But yeah, that doesn't mean he couldn't be a scum cop.
Scum alignment cop isn't a thing. Scum already knows alignments so he can just pick what he wants. Weak Cop implies he would die if he picked scum, which gives more credence than a regular cop.

But it's Sorian. So automatically that means take it with a grain of salt.

Penguin

Sorry for being MIA for most of the "day" but NYCC is mostly done and mostly rested.

And trying to catch up on the thread, there just seems to be a ton of finger-pointing in every direction.

And guess big story on this page is Salva's role claim that no one can actually support, correct?

Faddy

Banned
Just surprised you seem to land on the exact people I find scummy at the moment

I am highly inclined to believe Sorian. It is such a risky play to claim weak cop since he would be immediately counter-claimed by a Town cop role. The chances we don't have an investigative role is nil.

Sorian

Banned
Sorry for being MIA for most of the "day" but NYCC is mostly done and mostly rested.

And trying to catch up on the thread, there just seems to be a ton of finger-pointing in every direction.

And guess big story on this page is Salva's role claim that no one can actually support, correct?

Yes Penguin, biggest story of the day, thank you for your continued contributions.

Faddy

Banned
Fat could still be scum. If Sorian checked him but Salva also blocked/protected Fat on night 2 so Sorian wouldn't get a read.

SalvaPot

I told you all day on day 2 that Panda was town and spent all of day 3 telling you that Fat was town. There shouldn't be surprise here.

Yet you kept bickering witho Ouro today and saying you are glad he couldn't vote, even knowing he was town.

Sorian

Banned
Fat could still be scum. If Sorian checked him but Salva also blocked/protected Fat on night 2 so Sorian wouldn't get a read.

That depends on the type of jailer. Usually for forum mafia, it's just the roleblock + protection and not the actual guard thing where you can't interact with the person.

SalvaPot

I'm pretty sure that is not how either block or protect works. Blocks stop the target from getting their role out and protect keeps the target from getting killed, it has no effect on cop roles.

Fat4all

Banned
Yet you kept bickering witho Ouro today and saying you are glad he couldn't vote, even knowing he was town.

Because Ouro was pushing for me to get lynched, it was leading to another town v. town.

I never saw Sorian push for Ouro to get lynched today, unless I’m mistaken.

SalvaPot

He's wanted to vote for the other two green checks and keeps trying to convince others to do the same. Are you not seeing the issue?

That's not a hard frame job to run.

True, true.

I feel with your claim and my soft claim we have enough info to get a party started.

Sorian

Banned
What is the negative utility in announcing your target?

If scum can kill me when I am targeting town then they are suddenly in contention. Especially now that we know that Salva is a jailer, the possibility of him roleblocking means the situation is even murkier.

Penguin

Sure it is. If you die, Penguin is scum.

I think mentioned this on Day 2 when someone else came up with a scheme for someone else, you can't ANNOUNCE your intentions because then people will just do what's expected to get the results they needed.

But sure, let's have Sorian check me out tonight so you can get off my back.

Fat4all

Banned
If scum can kill me when I am targeting town then they are suddenly in contention. Especially now that we know that Salva is a jailer, the possibility of him roleblocking means the situation is even murkier.

It boils down to if SalvaPots ability was actually 3-shot.

Otherwise (and unless there’s another ability out there), Scum would likely let you die checking Scum, and NK someone else as well.

SalvaPot

Otherwise (and unless there’s another ability out there), Scum would likely let you die checking Scum, and NK someone else as well.

I could be lying about the shots.

If I was jailer you wouldn't have been able to check Fat on N2.

Sorian

Banned

Jailer doesn't need to be x-shot and Salva already talked about how he would save an extra shot of a power when we were talking about the whole vote thing, sorry Salva, I know it's a lie.

Dr. Worm

Banned
It's day 4 and you're all still alive and I see that this is going towards another mislynch so let's narrow this down for the last two and a half hours. I'm a weak cop, Ghost in a Jar for those that care about flavor

so when were you expecting to die, exactly

SalvaPot

earlier or later in the game?

because this claim seems like it'd move the needle to earlier

Well, if its a soft cop that dies when it targets scum, then it makes sense to get this info out now.

Also it makes sense why he was so confident in his wording when he said someone was town.

Top Bottom