• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridley Scott's Prometheus Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

theronu2jyf.gif

Robot Pants

I found a new wallpaper. That starmap is amazing. BUT THAT ASS. Hmm. I want to use the starmap as a wallpaper, but make it less crowded. Would the best way to put a black tainted color over it? NO RIGHT?
Use that ass as a wallpaper

Nice comments dude, just some thoughts though:

IT'S NERDING TIME.

What follows next is wildly speculative but potentially spoiler heavy, so proceed with caution.

*pic*
Fassbender is an android so he gets to boss around with no exo helmet. I guess this tells us that everybody is aware of his synthetic nature. Also, do you see the containers? They have a small line around them, as if you could easily uncork them.

*pic*
They broke his helmet.

First - That makes perfect sense, nice catch.
Second - I really see no indications that the helmet has been broken. I think someone or something just made it open up, so the dude got screwed. Take a good look.

Robot Pants

Kinda odd the similarities to the plot of Alien.
- Find the space jockey ship
- Discover rows of pods (facehugger eggs in Alien)
- One dude gets wrecked (John Hurt in Alien)
- Take him back to the ship where he seemingly is fine
- Eventually something happens to him (John Hurt has the chestburster) (Looks like the dude that gets burned in Prometheus goes a little nuts. You see him jumping down onto someone else)

Flo_Evans

IT'S NERDING TIME.
prometheus0008.jpg

That doesn't look like one of the alien barrels... but whatever it is, is something organic.

Damn.

I thought that was one of the barrels in the "giant ass head" room but I think you are right... looks smaller?

I dunno though that thing he is pulling out of there looks pretty facehugger-ish to me.

Robot Pants

I thought that was one of the barrels in the "giant ass head" room but I think you are right... looks smaller?

I dunno though that thing he is pulling out of there looks pretty facehugger-ish to me.

Also the pod has writing on it...pretty sure its the same pod he found in the "giant head" room.

DemonNite

IT'S NERDING TIME.

What follows next is wildly speculative but potentially spoiler heavy, so proceed with caution.

Fassbender is an android so he gets to boss around with no exo helmet. I guess this tells us that everybody is aware of his synthetic nature. Also, do you see the containers? They have a small line around them, as if you could easily uncork them.

I had another look and the lady is also out of her helmet.

x3Np1.jpg

Also, is it just me or does it look like theres 2 actors in makeup??? they look "older" or maybe burnt

GkAjr.png

I watched Alien on BD two weeks ago. Makes sunshine look like a bowl of dog turd, so I guess Boyle failed completely.

I love you, ma'jett but you clearly need to locate your meds.

Yeah, Sunshine looks so cheap and shitty.
7Qw8Rl.jpg

VJLSQl.jpg

9TdYnl.jpg

You can try fault Sunshine for whatever you want on a narrative level, but to knock the production design is crazy.

FStop7

Banned
Woah woah WOAH! I thought they decided to sever this film's connection to the Alien series?! What the frig is the Space Jockey and his ship doing here?!

Honestly? I think they've been downplaying it the entire time as a ruse to get an "oh shit!" reaction out of the hardcore fans and to possibly reduce expectations of more casual fans who will stomp their feet and pout if there aren't facehuggers flying out of the screen in 3D for 2 hours.

big ander

Ohhh boy. That trailer in 1080p on my tv was glorious.

I only just watched Alien a month ago and Aliens a week or so ago. Both wonderful. Watched AlienAlienAlien today (director's cut) and didn't like it. The CG xenomorph sucked, there are a bunch of weird shots like the alien-cam, the supporting cast is dumb, and it throws the excellent ending of the second film out completely. I almost don't want to watch A:R because it's supposed to be even worse, but I'll torture myself with it soon.

I saw this there:

a bird fetus or an adult bird in a bio-capsule... it looks like some sort of Chicken to be honest!

Also, about the barrels,

see picture above, not all of them are big, there are some smaller ones among them...

DieH@rd

Banned
Ohhh boy. That trailer in 1080p on my tv was glorious.

I only just watched Alien a month ago and Aliens a week or so ago. Both wonderful. Watched AlienAlienAlien today (director's cut) and didn't like it. The CG xenomorph sucked, there are a bunch of weird shots like the alien-cam, the supporting cast is dumb, and it throws the excellent ending of the second film out completely. I almost don't want to watch A:R because it's supposed to be even worse, but I'll torture myself with it soon.

Alien 3 has exactly 1 alien CGI shot, and for 1992 it was fine.

jett

D-Member
I love you, ma'jett but you clearly need to locate your meds.

Yeah, Sunshine looks so cheap and shitty.
7Qw8Rl.jpg

You can try fault Sunshine for whatever you want on a narrative level, but to knock the production design is crazy.

I don't see you Sculli.

Maybe I'm being too hard on Sunshine but from any point of view it doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside Alien. Visually I was unimpressed with it, and I'm one of the few that actually watched the thing in a movie theater. :p

I don't see you Sculli.

Maybe I'm being too hard on Sunshine but from any point of view it doesn't deserve to be mentioned alongside Alien. Visually I was unimpressed with it, and I'm one of the few that actually watched the thing in a movie theater. :p

I watched it in a movie theater on opening night and it was gorgeous. It is gorgeous. Nobody is saying Sunshine touches Alien - but the film is great and the production design is beautiful. Calling it cheap and shitty looking is more than a bit of a stretch jettiri.

big ander

Alien 3 has exactly 1 alien CGI shot, and for 1992 it was fine.
What about the director's cut? Because I'm pretty sure a few hours ago I counted a lot more than one shot where the xenomorph was cgi.
Prometheus takes place in the 2080s, 30 years before Alien, 80 years before Aliens.

I can see what he means though, the puppet has a very early-CG look to it, for some reason.
That thing was a puppet? The hell.

I watched it in a movie theater on opening night and it was gorgeous. It is gorgeous. Nobody is saying Sunshine touches Alien - but the film is great and the production design is beautiful. Calling it cheap and shitty looking is more than a bit of a stretch jettiri.

It is a gorgeous movie and beautifully photographed. I even liked the 3rd act.

What about the director's cut? Because I'm pretty sure a few hours ago I counted a lot more than one shot where the xenomorph was cgi.

The extended version has one CG alien shot when it runs away from the dead ox. A real directors cut has never been made. If it did it would have a few additions still and would still use the dog as the chest burster instead of the ox.

The extended version has one CG alien shot when it runs away from the dead ox. A real directors cut has never been made. If it did it would have a few additions still and would still use the dog as the chest burster instead of the ox.

Oh God, that reminds me of the Behind the Scenes film for Alien^3 on the Blu Ray. They showed some footage of trying to use a dog with an alien helmet thing to do the shot of it running out of that room. Funniest shit ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom