• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

RIP United Front Games

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Jun 6, 2004
Canada
Starting to leak out now.

Big ups to my friends and former colleagues, it's a tough go of it in the independent studio space.

I'll raise a pork bun this week in your honour.

Galafar

Neo Member
Apr 27, 2015
Aww! I really liked Sleeping Dogs. Let's hope they can find another fine place to work at!

PaulloDEC

Sep 6, 2012
Awful news if true. I got a lot of enjoyment out of Modnation and LBP Karting on the PS3. I hope everyone can find work again quickly.

Incidentally, where does this leave Smash + Grab? It looked really promising to me.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Jul 31, 2007
Wishing the best for all employees. Hope you find good jobs soon, all.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Jun 7, 2004
Edmonton
Guess Smash+Grab didn't work out for them even with the free weekend.

RIP. May they find many a meat bun in their future endeavours.

Zukkoyaki

May 17, 2014
Best wishes to every one that lost their job. United Front was a gem and it's unfortunate that Triad Wars imploded which seems to have been what did them in.

wispsmoke

Neo Member
Sep 4, 2015
Damn, they made some really good games. Sleeping Dogs remains my favorite open world gangster game. Feels bad, man.

Jan 12, 2007
Toronto, ON. Canada
Best wishes to every one that lost their job. United Front was a gem and it's unfortunate that Triad Wars imploded which seems to have been what did them in.
It's unfortunate they had to made Triad Wars, and not Sleeping Dogs 2.

Everyone from the beginning warned them of the misstep they took. The beta was so poorly received that they shut it down, and now along with it, the studio.

IgotElbows

Apr 13, 2016
ModNation Racers is an AWESOME game.
It's a shame the loading times are HORRIBLE.
So horrible, you don't want to switch maps. lol

Aug 2, 2007
That sucks, Sleeping Dog's was one of my favourite games of the last gen. On the other hand releasing an early access game then closing a couple of weeks later seems a little sketchy?