• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise confirmed as playable Persona 4 Arena Ultimax character (Ken to follow?)

Adachi.jpg

Can it be?

Espada

Wow, Rise being playable is pretty crazy. I wonder what her gameplay looks like since before she just had an analysis persona.

Ken is going to be my punching bag, though. What an awful character.

Dugna

Rise's Persona was already pretty strong in combat from the boss fight we had with her, so her being playable isn't that much of a surprise. Wonder if she will still sound like Jam from GG in combat with JP voices.

Still seems lame to include a character specifically known to not fight and a character who is easily the least popular of the P3 cast (and this includes a damned dog) over the P4 villain. And I don't care for how they've altered Himiko; it's almost like they invented a wholly new character this way, and I've had enough of that with Labrys and Sho. I think I'd be much more okay with playable Rise had they left her Persona alone.

FluxWaveZ

And I don't care for how they've altered Himiko; it's almost like they invented a wholly new character this way, and I've had enough of that with Labrys and Sho. I think I'd be much more okay with playable Rise had they left her Persona alone.

Why don't we wait to see what they actually did to Himiko before jumping to conclusions?

Why don't we wait to see what they actually did to Himiko before jumping to conclusions?

Conclusions? In a Persona topic? INCONCEIVABLE!

Btw seeing how much hatred Ken attracts really is a good case for his inclusion and attracts me to use him and pour salt everywhere.

Akainu

Quick question:
What was the point of coming in here and posting if you don't care about the game?
Shortish answer:
Because I wanted to make a post about my slight befuddlement of Rise being in fighting game, but don't really care about the fighting game logic they might justify it with.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'd rather have Fuuka than Ken. Since we're letting the support fight and all.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If Atlus can give a bullshit reason as to why Rise can be playable in a fighting game than Atlus can bullshit FeMC and Minato into the game along with Margaret and the P2 cast.
That's a lot of Laura Bailey to cram into one game yo. I for one will be infuriated now if they don't. FeMC is boss.

Strife ‏@FFxStrife 33m

Ok so, the Famitsu article mentioned a new gameplay mode in P4U2 with character growth and social link shiz

Gbraga

Strife ‏@FFxStrife 33m

Ok so, the Famitsu article mentioned a new gameplay mode in P4U2 with character growth and social link shiz

FUCK

I didn't want this before, but playable Rise and social links? I'll pre-order this shit.

So gooooooooooooooood

Terra_Ex

Good, as an aside she should have been playable in P4 too, hope we don't have another commentator only character in P5.

Okay this week’s Famitsu leaks are coming in really early, though much information is still missing.
>For P4U2, the release date has been confirmed to be sometime in August and will be priced at 6XX0 Japanese yen.
>And yes, Rise is confirmed to be joining the roster. Battle style seems to be in the style of “LISTEN TO MY SONG.” (???) Seriously though, if she’s beating people up with a microphone and its stand to do battle, that will be all sorts of hilarious and awesome.
>Every character from Persona 3 and 4 will have their individual story being told in the Story Mode.
>There is a new mode called “XX Arena Mode”, in which apparently your characters growth is tightly linked to your social link with the voice navigator (so Rise is joining the roster and still acting as Voice Navigator, okay….).
>Again, all these are really just hazy leaks for those of you who want all your leaks and rumours first hand. I’m sure come tomorrow, there will be more as well as clearer information about what all these mean.

Dont take this as any sort of confirmation until the scans are out.

hao chi

I doubt I'll main her based on the very short and very blurry teaser of her, and my assumption that she'll be even more of a zoner than Yukiko, but I seriously cannot wait to see actual gameplay footage of her.

Top Bottom