• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of Mana (iOS/Vita) shutting down in March, seeking other methods of release

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/rise-mana-end-service-march

Square Enix investigating other distribution method.

Rise-Mana-End-Service-March.jpg

Rise of Mana, Square Enix’s free-to-play RPG for smartphones and PS Vita, will end service on March 31 in Japan, the company announced.

Square Enix cites a lack of balance between development and capital during the game’s prolonged management, adding that after consultation within the company, it decided that it would not be able to deliver satisfactory content to users in the future.

While service is ending as a free-to-play title, Square Enix said it is investigating whether it can deliver the game in a different form.

tl;dr shutting it down as a f2p title and looking for ways to re-launch it as a (assumedly) buy to play title

also apparently this game is incredible

do it, square. i'll be there day one on vita if you localize this thing and release it as a a standalone thing. bring it to ps4/android/pc/etc, too.

lock if old

Jawmuncher

But to Play would be a good way to probably get some more sales without having to just scrap it all. I'm surprised more games don't try to do a offline version. Then again if the game is too big, that's a lot of work.

Shouta

It's a surprisingly good game for a F2P and if they made alterations to it for to be a fuller single player title, it'd be pretty fun, I think.

vareon

I'm kinda surprised that they are looking for other ways to release the game. It'll probably be Japan only still but I hope more publishers does this. I'm really interested in this and Final Fantasy Legends.

Shinriji

The game was OK, nothing special. It took forever on vita to reach a playable state, though.

The good thing is that it is a full fledged game already, and surprising light on P2W hooks that others F2P games has. So it can be adapted to a consumer game without too many issues, I think.

Top Bottom