• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider in-game screens

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I like your optimism. And lol at Microsoft's input.

They do it for 3rd parties and you think they wouldn't do it for an exclusive?

Forza Horizon 2 was not ported. It was developed independently under the same name as the One version but with tech from Horizon 1, while One used Forza 5's engine.

Rise of the Tomb Raider is textbook cross gen and they already admitted it. It's got to run on 360 with the same core features as One and has to be ported from One. Totally different then how Horizon 2 was handled (which itself is a unique example of cross gen branding, not cross gen development). Crystal isn't coding the port, but they absolutely are limited in scope by having to make features and environments that work for the port as required and known by their publisher.

All I read in interviews is that they are saying they are not limited by the old hardware and that they are 100% focusing on next gen while Nixxes Software is doing their best to accommodate the game to the Xbox 360. They never said anywhere they were held back by the 360.

They do it for 3rd parties and you think they wouldn't do it for an exclusive?

All I read in interviews is that they are saying they are not limited by the old hardware and that they are 100% focusing on next gen while Nixxes Software is doing their best to accommodate the game to the Xbox 360. They never said anywhere they were held back by the 360.

Devs say a lot of things..it is PR many times.

RoKKeR

Considering Forza Horizon 2 I am not worried about cross gen limitations in the slightest, especially considering the developers have said they are taking a similar approach. (A team focused only on next gen version)

Jobbs

Banned
I'm primarily a PS4 player, I have an XB1 but rarely use it -- That said, I'm oddly okay with it being an XB1 (timed?) exclusive. It affirms my purchase of the thing. Finally I'll benefit from it. Only thing I've used it for at length so far is Ori, and I could have just played that on PC if I didn't have an XB1.

How do you know this and why does this make you happy? Pretty transparent shit in this thread already.
Yeah, it's getting bit too obvious. Tomorrow we have many "concern" threads, I bet you.

Hopefully this turns out being better than last entry. I enjoyed that too but there is lot room for improvement.

Zakalwe

Banned
As long as the writing and story is better this time round, I could easily take more of the same visually and gameplay wise. The first game was a lot of fun aside from the absolutely atrocious writing (not a fan of the VA either, especially Lara but we're stuck with that).

Visuals look serviceable in those poor quality screens, pretty certain the game's going to look better than those. Serviceable+ I can deal with if the game is fun.

Not bothered about more tombs, at this point I'll take this as Uncharted with a girl lead.

I have confidence that TR2 will be really good and a worthy sequel. People will obviously compare to UC4, but I actually liked TR2013 a little more than any of the Uncharted games and I loved Uncharted.

MS will market the game meaning SE doesn't have to, that's basically the same as funding development.
not necessarily...funding the game means helping to pay for resourcing needed to make the game, i.e funding development. mS markets 3rd party games all the time. Wasn't that the case for the witcher 3?

Jobbs

Banned
Sorry for the OT post -- but around 10 people got banned in this thread. What did they say that was bannable?

I'm pretty sure it's the salty console war baiting stuff. Saying "I'll wait for the superior PS4 version" or whatever adds nothing to the thread and just incites people and seems to be the type of thing that can get you banned here.

Zakalwe

Banned
I have confidence that TR2 will be really good and a worthy sequel. People will obviously compare to UC4, but I actually liked TR2013 a little more than any of the Uncharted games and I loved Uncharted.

The combat is more fun in TR imo, but Uncharted had better use of verticality and the cinematic and set pieces were more awesome.

I'm almost certain U4 will be better than TR2, that gameplay preview of the sandbox combat looked incredible. I don't think TR is going to trump that, but then the first game was very fun. Looking forward to seeing what they've done with combat this time.

I'm even more sure the U4 visuals are going to be better, and I know for certain (well, 95% sure) ND's writing will be on another tier all together.

Either way, even if this turns out to be Uncharted Lite I don't mind. At it's worst it's a fun game that emulates another fun game, that's not exactly a terrible thing.

rjinaz

Sorry for the OT post -- but around 10 people got banned in this thread. What did they say that was bannable?

Port begging basically. Which is bannable.

The screens do look a little rough but not enough to ruin my experience with the game. Still looks to have good art direction IMO.

Zakalwe

Banned
Port begging basically. Which is bannable.

The screens do look a little rough but not enough to ruin my experience with the game. Still looks to have good art direction IMO.

Yeh, the art direction in the first game was pretty decent. The set pieces already look to improve upon the first, and the first had some nice moments.

Jobbs

Banned

Keep in mind that the TR Definitive Edition looked and ran great on PS4 and XB1, by any standard, really, it looked great. If the new game is at least as good looking as the DE then I don't see what anyone could complain about. I'm excited.

Salty console war baiting stuff.
I have been hesitant to post in this thread because it is a disaster. I am a huge TR fan and I am looking forward to playing it.

It's shameful that people are getting banned because they are "salty". Part of the reason why I stayed away.

Edit: Good job by the mods on trying to clean up this thread.

Jobbs

Banned
I have been hesitant to post in this thread because it is a disaster. I am a huge TR fan and I am looking forward to playing it.

It's shameful that people are getting banned because they are "salty". Part of the reason why I stayed away.

I am not a mod or have any authority on this but I think based on what I've observed in the past, criticizing moderation practices is not wise. In any case, just in my own opinion, I don't think bitching about the lack of a PS4 version in a thread labeled "new screenshots" really contributes anything.

We should move on. :)

I'm pretty sure it's the salty console war baiting stuff. Saying "I'll wait for the superior PS4 version" or whatever adds nothing to the thread and just incites people and seems to be the type of thing that can get you banned here.

I see.. thanks for the explanation.

On Demand

Banned
I am not a mod or have any authority on this but I think based on what I've observed in the past, criticizing moderation practices is not wise. In any case, just in my own opinion, I don't think bitching about the lack of a PS4 version in a thread labeled "new screenshots" really contributes anything.

He's not criticizing the mods.

I don't think I critised them. After I was done editing, I read this post. I'm pretty happy they are in control. Hence the reason I am finally posting in the thread. I'm confused if this was directed at me or not.

On topic, the screens look fine to me. They don't look breathtakingly gorgeous, but good enough to know that the game is similar art style as the previous as that was one of my favorite games.

Jobbs

Banned
He's not criticizing the mods.

I don't think I critised them. After I was done editing, I read this post. I'm pretty happy they are in control. Hence the reason I am finally posting in the thread. I'm confused if this was directed at me or not.

On topic, the screens look fine to me. They don't look breathtakingly gorgeous, but good enough to know that the game is similar art style as the previous as that was one of my favorite games.

I guess I misunderstood your sentence. In any case, I don't want to take the thread further off topic by talking about moderation.

And regarding the look of the game, despite some isolated screenshots looking underwhelming -- As I've been saying, just play DE. I have to imagine it will look at least as good as DE. And if it does, we have nothing at all to worry about. Game was gorgeous.

I guess I misunderstood your sentence. In any case, I don't want to take the thread further off topic by talking about moderation.

And regarding the look of the game, despite some isolated screenshots looking underwhelming -- As I've been saying, just play DE. I have to imagine it will look at least as good as DE. And if it does, we have nothing at all to worry about. Game was gorgeous.

Not a big deal, moving on...I agree that if the game looks as good as the DE version, it will be fine. Are these confirmed Xbox One screens or 360?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Hopefully dead or no longer involved. In the last issue of the comic series the cover suggests she's been arrested or committed

27870.jpg

Hopefully the end of Sam.

So far Jonah has only been confirmed to return.

Is that official? Why the hell is Sam in prison!?

RibMan

It's hard to tell from screenshots but it looks good to me. I'm confident the game will look way better in motion.

Top Bottom