• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider info from Game Informer (Nixxes handling Xbox 360 version)

Spazznid

The story wasn't the draw. It was surviving on this crazy island. The way they re-imagined Lara was fantastic. The whole thing was grounded as you worked through the mystery and craziness of the environment.

I'm shocked to see so many comments about the story. I hope to god that CD doesn't add more plot twists or manufactured "exciting" plot elements just to appease these "concerns." I want an exploration based, ground story again. Just add more puzzles and tombs and I'm good.

Thank god someone gets it.

Pilgrimzero

The story wasn't the draw. It was surviving on this crazy island. The way they re-imagined Lara was fantastic. The whole thing was grounded as you worked through the mystery and craziness of the environment.

I'm shocked to see so many comments about the story. I hope to god that CD doesn't add more plot twists or manufactured "exciting" plot elements just to appease these "concerns." I want an exploration based, ground story again. Just add more puzzles and tombs and I'm good.

You are going to have to explain to me how that story was in any way "grounded".

And the story was the draw, "You'll want to protect her" the only "surviving" you had to do was shoot the bad guys. Shooting a deer and picking berries was almost pointless. Heck, I think I barely did it.

And what mystery? They literally marked on the map where everything was. "Secret Tomb nearby" Not really a secret if you tell me, buddy.

This was a game that really catered to the average gamer. Secrets were easy to find and solve and Lara was frickin' Rambo (after the first 10 minutes).

Top Bottom