• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Feat. 20% more tombs and 75% more chastising OP's title

eizarus

Banned
With how good the reviews are I'm more hyped for this than Fallout 4. Shame I don't have an Xbone though. Might pick one up on black Friday for this and Halo 5.

Harlequin

Even the original tomb raiders had combat, i think what your looking for is something more akin to Carmen sandiego

I know they did and the combat parts were always the least fun ones. My favourite part of classic Tomb Raider is the challenging platforming and the series hasn't had any of that since Crystal has taken over. It's basically been completely replaced by ledge-hopping, dynamic jump distances and scripted sequences. Please note, I never said that the archetypal Tomb Raider game shouldn't have any combat but that my personal ideal TR game wouldn't have any combat.

Squire

Banned
With how good the reviews are I'm more hyped for this than Fallout 4. Shame I don't have an Xbone though. Might pick one up on black Friday for this and Halo 5.

Go for it. Halo is an absolute blast. Maybe the funniest thing I've played this year.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Rise of the Tomberraider

Rise of the Tomb Raider OT | Tomberraider - Rise of the Machine

Karak

Its a fantastic title man. Out of nowhere for me honestly.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely hyped and excited for this game. So much so that I purchased an Xbox One the other day just so I don't have to wait a year to play the game. Not going to lie, I definitely favor Sony and PlayStation 4 more this generation than Microsoft and Xbox One but screw it, im a gamer first and foremost and this is one game that I didn't want to wait to play!!!

danowat

Banned
Pleasantly surprised at the reviews, quite enjoyed the first, to the solid positive reception from critics is a good sign.

Just a shame that so many decent games come out at the same time, somethings got to give..........

Endless

1447060801-lara-traversal-cover-final.jpg

Broman1978

F**K F**K!!
I totally missed that the EU release is on friday =(
I thought it was tomorrow =( (US only I see now)
If I change my region to US can I play the game tomorrow then?
I have already preloaded it from my Swedish Marketplace!

danowat

Banned
F**K F**K!!
I totally missed that the EU release is on friday =(
I thought it was tomorrow =( (US only I see now)
If I change my region to US can I play the game tomorrow then?
I have already preloaded it from my Swedish Marketplace!

Only if you download and purchase it from the US marketplace.

danowat

Banned
Can I delete the game and download it again? As I already bought it

No,I don't think so, I think it's the license you purchase that determines the release, not the download package, but you may be able to purchase it again on the US marketplace though.

SlickVic

Game sounds quite good based on reviews, and like many, I'm curious how it sells right up against Fallout 4. I'm kind of curious why they didn't pick November 3rd as the release date. They only big release they had to go up against that day was Need for Speed, and they would've gotten ahead of both CoD and FO4. Perhaps the earliest the game was ready was for an 11/10 release, or maybe they wanted to space out the 2 Xbox exclusives (at least for the Fall) more than 1 week apart. Whatever the reason, I hope it works out for them.

As someone who loved the 2013 game, (albeit thinking it had zero replay value), I'm hopeful this one is even better. Sounds like it is.

Will be picking this one up on the weekend.

grimmiq

Really liked TR2013 but not enough to buy a new console/wait a year so resorting to Youtube. I think Lara just
Learned how to read ancient Greek by looking at a mural with no words
. Game looks great though.

Top Bottom