• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider timed Xbox exclusive for Holiday 2015 (No PS/PC, SE publish)

timedd |:<

1063153.gif

Edit: damnit daveo42

Well - no deal for me at launch. Even though I own both consoles, I pre-ordered this on PS4 during an E3 deal in Canada to save 20 dollars on new releases. No way am I paying full price for games any more – especially while we’re currently getting hammered at a 70 dollar price point up here.

Hoje0308

Banned
Only on NeoGAF. Casuals won't care a bit.

I heard the same thing about MS' always online debacle. The people that are passionate enough about their hobby to join forums are generally loud enough to inform the general public. This will bleed out.

What a load of crap. Why can't they say if this is coming to PC/PS4/PS3 or not.

Contracts. The deal is worthless if everyone knows it's coming to their platform of choice at a later date.

AlphaK

Assuming this isn't BS; good move for MS. Sucks for everyone else, especially as a guy who owns both a Ps4 and a higher end PC.

At least we'll probably get Uncharted 4 next fall, so after ps4 owners finish up with that ROTTR will be ready for them. ;)

Trey

Anyone using Destiny as an example.. it's still multiplatform no? It's not like Bungie turned around and told their xbox fan base to fuck off.

Could you even imagine? There would be no event that can match the drama something like this would bring. I wouldn't come to gaming side for weeks.

Pikma

Banned
How much do I have to pay for the publishing rights of the inevitable "Is anyone still interested in RotTR on PS4?" Thread?

It's fascinating how much people care about TR again after all these years of lackluster games. That's a compliment towards the developers right there. They did a great job with the reboot.

Reboot was a great game. The fact it was a contender for GotY in 2013 speaks volumes.

It just got massively overshadowed by GTAV, BI and TLoU. Even more so for TLoU because it seemed like everything that TR wanted to achieve with Lara ( protect her, blahblah), Ellie did it better.

Jhn

Their messaging is absolutely hilarious.

Do they really think they can keep the misinformation about the nature of the exclusivity going for more than a year to gain a few extra xbo sales?

LOL I love watching all of Microsoft and SE trying to push the PR into making it seem exclusive, when its now obvious that its a timed exclusive from their wording (Plus the CBOAT and Shinobi posts too).

I bet its times like this they wish every gamer was a stupid as they treat us.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
If this is indeed a "Timed" one, and it seems we're closing in on that being the case, this is even MORE of an insane deal for Square Enix to have penned. Piss off the majority of the franchises fanbase, damage sales, all for a one time cash boost in the short term.

On one of the biggest IP's in their stable.

That only benefits the struggling Xbox brand, whose future has recently had doubts raised about its longevity.

Theres just no fucking upside to this for CD or Square Enix. Morons.

Obviously timed but still kind of sours me on the whole thing. Seems petty but it bugs me enough to not want it any more. Not because MS paid for it, that's fine, such is gaming. But that justification letter really is dumb lol.

I forgot who said it, but I'm starting to dig the theory that Square-Enix didn't want to pit this game against Uncharted 4 and Microsoft needed something to compete against it. It seemed like it was a mutually beneficial arrangement. Especially if CBOAT's claim is true, then Square-Enix can release the PS4/PC versions when the coast is clear.

Ingeniero

So much salt in this thread.... lol

It's a good move by MS, I like that they are fighting with guns now, I may buy the Xbox One afterwall...

Mikey Jr.

You know, I hate shit like this. Exclusive third party games are fine if they are new ip's or a dormant franchise being resurrected. Sunset overdrive, Titan fall, Scalebound.

But to put the fucking definitive edition on the ps4 and say "nope, you can't play the sequel" is really fucking scummy.

Top Bottom