• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale Season 2 |OT| Something Wicked This Way Comes

Goodstyle

Couple of thoughts:

- I love how much more positive Jughead is. He has all the hilarious paranoia and emo-ness of S1, but he's a much more bright presence on screen. He's cracking jokes and is way less of a downer. His character development stuck!

- KJ Apa upped his game. He was the weakest link of S1 acting-wise, but someone must have coached him thoroughly in prep for S2.

- Hiram and Hermione are equally creepy.

- Cheryl is the still the most extra character on television.

- Alice Cooper is still great. She deserves better than her boring no-name husband.

And most importantly, we should talk about the fact that S2 is going to be over 20 episodes! I don't know if I can take that many plot heavy episodes. We could definitely use some filler fun this season, something that really takes advantage of the highschool setting.

I thought the episode was going to end with Archie keeping watch and it would've been a great episode. Then that last part happened and holy fucking shit.

ryseing

Goddamn the CW video player sucks. Don't remember it being this bad last season. I was going to try and watch the Dynasty pilot after this (<3 Elizabeth Gillies) but not worth it.

This is the song from the end of the episode, incidentally. This show has a great soundtrack.

I have to ask what the song was during the shower scene. It was really good but I was too lazy to Soundhound it.

And most importantly, we should talk about the fact that S2 is going to be over 20 episodes! I don't know if I can take that many plot heavy episodes. We could definitely use some filler fun this season, something that really takes advantage of the highschool setting.

I always thought it was a bummer we didn't get much football stuff last season. I'm not asking for Friday Night Lights or anything but an episode or two focusing on some big games would have been nice. Hopefully the 22 eps allows for that.

Though I am worried what the jump will do to the show's quality, given how it burns through plot.

ShadyK54

I expect/want some Christmas shenanigans before the break.

ryseing

Welp, Cheryl still the GOAT. Nice to see Molly Ringwald back. Grundy kinda deserved it, considering she was continuing her pedo ways, but I do hope this whole season isn't another whodunnit, especially considering last season's answer was so unsatisfying.

fzvkbcs5jacjie0mh2p7.gif

Seriously y'all, QUEEN

Based on Jughead referencing Archie's superhero alterego, Pureheart, the shooter is obviously
Reggie as Evilheart. He even wore green in the comics; the eyes were totally a clue!

But seriously, great premiere. I look forward to what comes our way this season

Archie you dehydrated tomato looking fuckboy you watch your goddamn tone when you speaking to Veronica-

Oh wait, she ain't leaving. Damn straight.

Tuck

Solid opening. Interesting ending -
why her? Seems like such an odd kill.

Glad to have this show back!

ryseing

Thanks.

Show selects good music in general. There were some really excellent choices last season.

The Lodge family stuff elevated it to A territory in my book. I remember last season everyone thinking Hermoine was the one non Luke Perry decent parent and now she's been unveiled to be more twisted than everyone but the Blossoms.

Like, it's plausible she put a hit on Fred. That's where we're at with her.

Lol, this absurd shower sex scene. Only on Riverdale can your parent be shot and you're having hot shower sex two hours later after washing the blood off

What was the point of the scene with the teacher? Trying to kill people close to Archie? Doesn't make much sense.

How can Captain America have secretly been a Hydra agent this whole time? That's absurd!

We've got 22 episodes for a reason. Just buckle in for the ride.

Not

Banned
EVEN MR. FUCKING LODGE IS HOT

HOW'S HE GOING TO PICK UP ARCHIE BY THE SHIRT AND PANTS AND THROW HIS ASS OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR BREAKING A PRICELESS VASE AFTER HIS MINI-GLASSES FLY OFF OF HIS NOSE IN SURPRISE

Blues1990

EVEN MR. FUCKING LODGE IS HOT

HOW'S HE GOING TO PICK UP ARCHIE BY THE SHIRT AND PANTS AND THROW HIS ASS OUT OF THE HOUSE FOR BREAKING A PRICELESS VASE AFTER HIS MINI-GLASSES FLY OFF OF HIS NOSE IN SURPRISE

Surprised they haven't taken bigger influence for Jug with the Samm Schwartz Jughead comics.

Schwartz-Jughead-2.jpg

ZeroX03

Banned
Great episode.

As soon as Jughead quipped in the opening I knew they weren't killing Fred. The nightmares from Fred's perspective too, they wouldn't care for his point of view if he was about to croak.

Archie was already my least favorite character in the show, seems to be a douche in real life also.

https://www.kamloopsbcnow.com/the_b...le_star_finds_Vancouver_quite_boring/contact/

Way to lose viewers

He was being honest? I mean generally you'd keep those thoughts to yourself but there's nothing wrong with him finding a city boring. That was about the most minor slight you could give. He's from New Zealand too, the natural beauty of Canada probably feels more like boring home than something like LA.

Riverdale had a massive gain in viewers too.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Finally saw it. Damn near lost my shit at the Rosemary's Baby music at the end to really drive home Sabrina's pending arrival. All of them witches, indeed.

RPGCrazied

What is with Ms. Grundy going after her students? And good episode. I bet the green eyed mask killer guy is going to be someone we know.

So once they kept showing the close up flashes of the killer I immediately thought
it resembled Hal. What his motives would be to kill Grundy and Fred? Not sure. But i did google it and it seems other people saw the same.

Chase17

-Couldn't get Pop to drive to the hospital?
-Fred dream sequences were pretty bad
-Jughead accidentally ordering people to go over the top
-Line ups seem difficult

I think this episode had three peak Riverdale moments:
1) Cheryl villain monologue
2) Archie walking his dog with Veronica, while still having blood on his shirt. Which was only outdone by;
3) Shower sex scene shortly after you father is shot.

Blues1990

Samm Schwartz Jughead was fucking phenomenal. Maybe one of the best characters in fiction ever.

One of my favourite stories that he did was when Jughead is kidnapped by a cult, whose leader wears a similar hat, has the legend "B.S." tattooed on his head and whose God is named "Harold." Schwartz plays the whole thing so deadpan that it really seems like this is just another irritating distraction for his favorite character.

ryseing

I think this episode had three peak Riverdale moments:
1) Cheryl villain monologue
2) Archie walking his dog with Veronica, while still having blood on his shirt. Which was only outdone by;
3) Shower sex scene shortly after you father is shot.

4) Accusing your mother of putting a hit on your boyfriend's father while she prays in Latin. Because Riverdale.

Top Bottom