• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale Season 2 |OT| Something Wicked This Way Comes

Fou-Lu

That was fucking amazing. I loved Fred's dream sequences and the slasher vibes of the ending. We going full horror this season?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Great premiere. I liked it when Veronica didn’t leave when Archie asked her to. Cheryl was basically a ghost haunting the halls in this episode. And I didn’t expect Grundy at the end, lol.

Jug and Archie were the standouts for me, followed by Veronica.

ryseing

Lmao. I honestly can't tell if your joking or not. Hopefully it's a joke post, but for people who actually are angry at KJ for telling the truth need to get over it.

I forgot to comment on that earlier. I grew up in a town where a lot of early WB/CW stuff was filmed (Dawson's Creek, One Tree Hill) and I remember people like JVDB and Chad Michael Morris making a bunch of less than favorable comments about it.

Obviously Vancouver is much nicer than where I'm from, but it's no biggie to say some negative things about the place where you work, especially considering the poor dude got in a car wreck there a couple months back.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Nah, but it's supposed to be a lot darker. The Sabrina spin off will probably be more horror.

The Rosemary's Baby music in that Grundy/Greendale scene gave me wayyyyy too much hope for well done horror. Like, you don't use that unless you're hinting at the vibe of Sabrina's show, especially since younger viewers wouldn't catch the reference. Plus it would also tie into the current Sabrina comic that heavily explores the witches coven.

(and anyone who hasn't seen Rosemary's Baby really should!)

Maaaan. Literally just realised the title of the episode referred to Grundy. I realised it was a mislead in general, didn't realise it actually followed through on the premise.

I strongly dislike dump format distribution for most shows, but I been really torn with Riverdale.

One of the best parts is always talking about a show and reading theories, but a part of me really wishes I could binge this show.

cj_iwakura

I strongly dislike dump format distribution for most shows, but I been really torn with Riverdale.

One of the best parts is always talking about a show and reading theories, but a part of me really wishes I could binge this show.
I rarely watch syndicated shows, so I'm enjoying this.

cj_iwakura

I'm reading Chilling Adventures of Sabrina now. If the show is half as twisted as this book, we're in for some madness.

ZeroX03

Banned
Once you pop you can't stop a new episode of Riverdale...

Chapter Fifteen: Nighthawks
Episode Trailer
"The CW Look" Trailer
SAVING POP'S — With the gunman still at large and the residents of Riverdale on edge, Betty (Lili Reinhart) leads the charge to save Pop's after learning that the diner may be forced to close its doors forever. Meanwhile, the gang becomes increasingly concerned for Archie's (KJ Apa) well being after noticing a string of unusual behavior from him. Elsewhere, Betty and Veronica (Camila Mendes) approach Cheryl (Madelaine Petsch) and Josie (Ashleigh Murray) for their help saving Pop's, while Jughead's (Cole Sprouse) attempt to find FP (Skeet Ulrich) a new lawyer may have some serious repercussions. Finally, when a past betrayal unexpectedly comes to light, Veronica finds herself at a crossroads with Hiram (Mark Consuelos) and Hermoine (Marisol Nichols.) Allison Anders directed the episode written by Michael Grassi.
rvd202a-0453b-1033254.jpg

I really liked the premiere of this season. Very intense considering we knew someone had to die and all signs pointed to Archie's dad. There's so many interesting plot threads already sewn. I can't wait to see what's in store.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
A few thoughts on the premiere:

1. Archie might be more engaging this season, but he seems to be just as dumb.
2. I'm a bit worried Cheryl is going "full evil." I like her better as a mean girl frenemy who has the potential to be a hero.
3. Kevin was almost entirely absent which is always a disappointment. I know he was made a cast member, so I hope we get more of him soon. He might need to develop stronger bonds with more of the cast (rather than just being Betty's good friend, Veronica's GBF, and casual friends with everyone else) to justify his presence.
4. I hope this season still spends a significant amount of time at school. I don't want the show to lose that element (in case that's a possibility).

Not

Banned
The more I think about it, what is the checkered hair even supposed to be? How would your hair even be checkered? Does he weave his hair together in the back?

I know the dumb little lump things in the front are a 40's style haircut, but what's up with the hashtag in his hair, seriously?

BbrYt6K.png

JettDash

I found Riverdale to be surprisingly good. Kinda glad that that I didn't watch it until it came out on Netflix because I was able to binge.

LOL at those uniforms the doctors/nurses in the hospital were wearing.

OmniGamer

Binged season 1 on Netflix and caught season 2's premiere on-demand...didn't expect to like this show as much as I did, but it caught me in the right mood, so it provided much-needed escapism.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well shot shower sex scenes with V keeping her pearls on during certainly help.

I was praying that Archie would make a pearl necklace joke after that scene. But that's a little too bawdy for the show, and a little too clever for Archie.

Top Bottom