• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Makonero

Video of the gang recreating memes:

https://twitter.com/netflixuk/status/866324201115983874

uq6lzuG.gif

yessssssss

this gif needs to be used now

now i say!

Bladenic

Just started this on Netflix and on the second episode. Is it me or are Betty and Veronica totally flipped so far? Betty is acting way bitchier than Veronica. Plus Kevin (the gay one) says the meanest things to V.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just started this on Netflix and on the second episode. Is it me or are Betty and Veronica totally flipped so far? Betty is acting way bitchier than Veronica. Plus Kevin (the gay one) says the meanest things to V.

Not totally flipped, but Veronica is a lot more stable and sort of plays the 'straight man' role a little. It changes somewhat as the season progresses. Wouldn't call Betty bitchy though, just not in a great mental state throughout the season. She's still very supportive of her friends. Cheryl is the head bitch in charge anyway.

Considering who's joining the cast next season, I doubt V is going to stay quite as composed.

jwk94

FINALLY caught up. Lord have mercy. I didn't see the dad killing Jason, him committing suicide, or Cheryl burning down the house. How the hell did they get out of there anyway?

Also, I love how the gang got into the South Side school with no issues, despite them establishing the place is heavily on the security..

Also, what happened to my Sabrina cameo, leakers? I want my girl =(

Second also, I NNEEEED Molly Ringwald to join on as a regular. She's amazing.

Is it me or is Cole Sprause a terrible actor? This is even by CW standards

It was the sex scene, wasn't it?

Sir Doom

Finally marathon it after stopping episode 8 when it was airing. I was worried Cheryl was dead after that fire scene. Good Freshmen season

It wouldn't be CW show without some Imagine Dragon

iosefe

But the real question is ... when will they cast Sabrina and SPECIALLY Salem ?

and by real question I mean been a while tat I don't enter this topic so I really want to know and sorry if this was big news 5 pages ago
Only fan casting has happened. Fronting the list is Dove Cameron I think

Thought Cole/Jughead was a pretty good actor in this show IMO. His monologues anchor the show and give it context, and he pulls them off gracefully. Either way he's an excellent writer. The show is exceptionally well-written. Compelling, engrossing and super entertaining television. Looking forward to S2.

On a related note the girls are also wonderful actresses, especially Betty. Love her emotion when she acts. It makes her seem like a real human being and gives the show some heart.

netguy503

The actor who plays jughead has the same voice/ tone as Noah from MTV's Scream. It distracted me the whole season. Anyone else feel the same way? I swear if I closed my eyes and listened to them side by side I wouldn't be able to tell the difference,

We love Cole -- he's an exceptional actor and we're very, very lucky to have him as Jughead. No one could play him better.

And for the record, S2 Forsythe Pendleton Jones will absolutely blow your mind.

Joni

The actor who plays jughead has the same voice/ tone as Noah from MTV's Scream. It distracted me the whole season. Anyone else feel the same way? I swear if I closed my eyes and listened to them side by side I wouldn't be able to tell the difference,
I had the same idea. He was their Noah.

ZeroX03

Banned
We love Cole -- he's an exceptional actor and we're very, very lucky to have him as Jughead. No one could play him better.

C'mon Cole, it's pretty arrogant to talk yourself up like that.

Besides, we know any shortcomings with your character aren't your fault. It's those damn writers! :p

jobrro

I am ready for season 2.

My most anticipated return of a show that started this year.

KorrZ

Just cleared through this show in a week on Netflix.

Needless to say, it surpassed my expectations and I ended up loving it. Happy my friend convinced me to check it out.

Best CW show ever produced? maybe.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Just cleared through this show in a week on Netflix.

Needless to say, it surpassed my expectations and I ended up loving it. Happy my friend convinced me to check it out.

Best CW show ever produced? maybe.

I think I enjoyed the first 3 seasons of Vanpire Diaries more, but it's for sure the highest (maintained) production on CW so far in terms of set design, visual interest and overall production values.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't know why, but I went ahead and watched the first couple episodes of this show. And LOL, it's definitely...um, a show. But even knowing that CW was going to take some liberties with the source material, I'm still surprised at some of the decisions. I really dislike the actresses that they got for Veronica and Cheryl. Betty is okay, and just like in the comics, cuter than Veronica. Ms. Grundy isn't a senior citizen but some cougar teacher that looks like she just graduated college a semester ago. Moose is partially gay, and Reggie barely had any screen time whatseover, even though he's one of the main characters in the series. Instead of adapting the light-hearted, humorous tone of the comics, it's basically a modern day 90210 with a dose of How to Get Away With Murder mixed in. Interesting.

Not going to lie, part of me is curious where this show is going, but it's still a pretty awful show. I do have to say though, the guy they got playing Archie has a great physique.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I don't know why, but I went ahead and watched the first couple episodes of this show. And LOL, it's definitely...um, a show. But even knowing that CW was going to take some liberties with the source material, I'm still surprised at some of the decisions. I really dislike the actresses that they got for Veronica and Cheryl. Betty is okay, and just like in the comics, cuter than Veronica. Ms. Grundy isn't a senior citizen but some cougar teacher that looks like she just graduated college a semester ago. Moose is partially gay, and Reggie barely had any screen time whatseover, even though he's one of the main characters in the series. Instead of adapting the light-hearted, humorous tone of the comics, it's basically a modern day 90210 with a dose of How to Get Away With Murder mixed in. Interesting.

Not going to lie, part of me is curious where this show is going, but it's still a pretty awful show. I do have to say though, the guy they got playing Archie has a great physique.

Surprising, I hate the actress for Betty but love Ceryl and Veronica. Also I do not find Betty anywhere near the same league as either of the other two beauty wise (though obviously they are all 10+ being on the CW, basically arguing which godess is prettier)

Judging by today's new comic, some of the Riverdale sensibilities are starting to seep over to the comic side.

MASSIVE COMIC SPOIILER!
They killed Betty in a car crash!

Okay, they probably didn't actually do it, but they sure want to make you think they did.

Man, can I just have all three? Love em all.

The three female leads are very beautiful women, each in their own way. Love Betty the most.

Also place me in the group that genuinely believed GhostWriter24 was Cole. So I guess he's a writer for the show but not actually Cole Sprouse then?

If so you're writing for an amazing show. Kudos man.

Well, we would obviously faint.

Ain't that the truth.

As for GhostWriter24's identity it looks like they're a core writer for the show, hence the immense joy and relief at all our posts praising the show.

Pretty to cool to have a writer for the show on NeoGAF, particularly in this thread.

For me it's:

1. Betty, just for her heart and emotion
2. Veronica, for generally being a beautiful goddess
3. Cheryl, beautiful, but loses points for her personality - though admittedly she's probably a completely different girl in real life

I'm probably going to get called out for blasphemy for putting Betty above Veronica, lol.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I'm five episodes in, and Reggie STILL so far has less than 3 minutes of screen time holy shit

Surprising, I hate the actress for Betty but love Ceryl and Veronica. Also I do not find Betty anywhere near the same league as either of the other two beauty wise (though obviously they are all 10+ being on the CW, basically arguing which godess is prettier)

What's wrong with the actress who plays Betty?

Top Bottom