• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The CW orders pilot for Archie Comic's "Riverdale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

I had forgotten Archie existed and it all came back to me.

I am 100% in.

Hoping this is the one cw show I enjoy.

Starting to feel old with all those pretty young people.

ErichWK

I had forgotten Archie existed and it all came back to me.

I am 100% in.

Hoping this is the one cw show I enjoy.

Starting to feel old with all those pretty young people.

The new comics are great. I recommend. I didn't get into them until those came out. (I'm 30)

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The new comics are great. I recommend. I didn't get into them until those came out. (I'm 30)

Cosign. I've been into comics for awhile but basically ignored Archie. The new Archie, Afterlife with Archie, and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina changed all that. It's some of the best stuff out there right now.

Platy

So no casting from Sabrina yet ?

Without sabrina we can't have the return of TV's best character ever, Salem dammit !

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Cosign. I've been into comics for awhile but basically ignored Archie. The new Archie, Afterlife with Archie, and Chilling Adventures of Sabrina changed all that. It's some of the best stuff out there right now.
Yep. I'll add the new Jughead series to that too, it's pretty entertaining. First 8 issues were written by Chip Zdarsky (Howard the Duck) and the new issues are by Ryan North (The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl).

Slaythe

You guys are tempting me with the comics.

I already have to catch up on Buffy/Angel, and Star Wars, but I'll try to pick up some of those new archies ?

Man I used to like the Sabrina show back then but I never actually read the comics.

I'm not American so the smaller comics were really hard to access back in the days.

So to be specific, what am I looking for ? (name and issue)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)

I already have to catch up on Buffy/Angel, and Star Wars, but I'll try to pick up some of those new archies ?

Man I used to like the Sabrina show back then but I never actually read the comics.

I'm not American so the smaller comics were really hard to access back in the days.

You'll want the comics from the "New Riverdale" brand, which is a reboot/reimagining of the characters in modern times, and the "Archie Horror" label that includes the new Sabrina comics and Afterlife. No previous knowledge required.

Archie (2015, 15 issues, ongoing)

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina (2014, 8 issues, ongoing)

Afterlife with Archie (2013, 11 issues, ongoing)

Jughead (2015, 11 issues, ongoing)

All of it is very fun stuff, written by good writers from the comics business who love these properties and know what makes them work.

If you want more after that there are other other comics starting this year that are in the same universe of the reboot: Betty & Veronica (2016), Josie & the Pussycats (2016), and Reggie and Me (2016).

Pluto

For Sabrina:
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, six issues so far collected in one trade. But don't expect it to resemble the show very much, this isn't comedy, it's a steaight up horror comic.

For Archie:
Archie (the 2015 series), it's a modern take on it, a really good new take on it. 14 issues have been released, the second trade collecting #7-12 should be available soon.
Life with Archie, 37 issues collected as Archie - The married life in six volumes. Portrays the characters as adults and features two timelines, one where Rchie marries Betty and one where he marries Veronica.
Afterlife with Archie, part of Archie Horror like Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, it puts the gang into the zombie apocalypse, surprisingly good considering the concept sounds weird as hell.

Pachimari

Archie and Veronica. I literally can't.

CvJH6cwW8AEyOnR.jpg

What is the name of the actress playing Veronica?

For Sabrina:
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, six issues so far collected in one trade. But don't expect it to resemble the show very much, this isn't comedy, it's a steaight up horror comic.

CAOS is my favorite comic by far...Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is one of the best comic book writers out there. I would recommend this to anyone who's a fan of spooky/horror driven storylines. It's dark as HELL, but has that classic high school drama feel to it at the same time. A perfect balance.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
CAOS is my favorite comic by far...Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is one of the best comic book writers out there. I would recommend this to anyone who's a fan of spooky/horror driven storylines. It's dark as HELL, but has that classic high school drama feel to it at the same time. A perfect balance.

Seconded. Just a great, great horror comic and if you are a fan of the Archie universe, it's even better to see how they change some things. Easily one of my favorite series right now.

bremon

I'm not too sure what to make of this but I had tons of Archie comics growing up, and watched the weird mysteries cartoon...I'll probably give this a shot.

Not

Banned
Is Miss Grundy hot now, Marissa Tomei style?

I REALLY can't get over how perfect Archie looks though. Like, you can't do a better live-action Archie than that.

Goodstyle

Everyone on this show is super attractive, to like, an absurd degree. I mean, even Archie's fucking dad? It's hilarious.

Everyone on this show is super attractive, to like, an absurd degree. I mean, even Archie's fucking dad? It's hilarious.

That's just CW shows for you in general. If you see a ridiculously attractive persons amongst random characters it's basically guaranteed that they're going to end up being a recurring role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom