• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

Joni

I'd take 13 episodes over 22 episodes. 13 episodes was just right for Riverdale, and 22 episodes might stretch things out a bit too much and include more filler.

But good to hear it starting up back in October. Thought Season 2 would come back next year, but color me surprised.
It also meant they couldn't develop any side character. Josie, Regie, Kevin could be actual characters now.

bremon

Absolutely loved this season and can't wait for October (thank god it's in October!). Fred! Whyyyy. Snake Jug is badass. Clear conflict with Betty coming up. Did Fred say he has a DUI!? Archie ice punching...good lord, so great. Also laughed out loud at happy go lucky south side Juggy needing "rescued". Cheryl is also devloping in interesting directions.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
It also meant they couldn't develop any side character. Josie, Reggie, Kevin could be actual characters now.

Yeah. I don't see a problem with an 18 or 22 episode order if the central mystery isn't stretched out the entire time. There are so many characters that people want to see more of. They got a big sandbox to play in.

I'd take 13 episodes over 22 episodes. 13 episodes was just right for Riverdale, and 22 episodes might stretch things out a bit too much and include more filler.

But good to hear it starting up back in October. Thought Season 2 would come back next year, but color me surprised.

Just do two or three arcs per year, and it'll be solid. 22 eps, you could do Civil War in Riverdale and Cult Escapee Sabrina with ease.

Absolutely loved this season and can't wait for October (thank god it's in October!). Fred! Whyyyy. Snake Jug is badass. Clear conflict with Betty coming up. Did Fred say he has a DUI!? Archie ice punching...good lord, so great. Also laughed out loud at happy go lucky south side Juggy needing "rescued". Cheryl is also devloping in interesting directions.

Damn, even the greatest parent on the show has his demons.

Imagine if Juggy loses an eye and starts riding a motorcycle

MGSV-The-Phantom-Pain-Snake-on-Triumph-Bonneville.jpg
Can someone do a Phantom Pain version of Jug.

"Arch... I'm already a demon."

ZeroX03

Banned
I think the most ideal thing would be to do 16 episodes. 8 air, break, 8 air. A bit more story and character without stretching to 22 episodes. Don't lose too much momentum. It's gonna be so weird for international viewers on Netflix who don't know why it's so inconsistent to show up each week.

ShadyK54

Only watched 6 minutes before clicking out, but is the rest so...nitpicky? Like are there some good points afterwards?

The first time I ever heard about Riverdale being a thing, it was described as a "dark version of Archie" & it would have a "Twin Peaks vibe." Based off of that, I don't know why someone would expect it to be beat for beat like the comics.

sfedai0

Banned
I went in to this blind since finding it on Netflix. Expected a light hearted live action comedy, and instead got a dark teenage trope filled drama. I was screaming internally for a while but watched a couple episodes and actually enjoyed it.

Only watched 6 minutes before clicking out, but is the rest so...nitpicky? Like are there some good points afterwards?

The first time I ever heard about Riverdale being a thing, it was described as a "dark version of Archie" & it would have a "Twin Peaks vibe." Based off of that, I don't know why someone would expect it to be beat for beat like the comics.

It's actually not that far off from the rebooted comics either (and what I've read have been pretty good). But I guess if you're going in blind because you saw it on netflix I could see how you get caught off guard.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I clicked it, immediately paused and closed it.

Can anyone on YouTube just talk normally? I can't listen to that dude scream for 25 minutes. I was willing to hear him out but closed it after 3 minutes.

doop_

Banned

Not really, just complaining about how the characters are not identical to their comic counterparts.

Grizzlyjin

Let's be honest, if you need 25 minutes to make a point, it is probably not a well constructed thought.

True. That's the impression I was getting. When he said it wasn't well shot, that's when I gave the screen side eye. This is like the best looking show on The CW. Even if you don't care for the characterizations, I don't see how it looks anything like The Flash to him.

Meesh

Just saw this thread and great thread title! The whole time I was watching Riverdale I was reminded of Twin Peaks...

All in all I really don't mind the show, its an easy going diversion. I've got some minor nitpicks, stuff that's outta place for me. 1 would be how hilariously off putting some of those hair dye jobs are, mainly for the gingers of the show. 2 are the oddly used pet names... they don't feel right to me in this modern Archie. Stuff like "Archie-kins"... takes me outta certain moments.

I think the casting is pretty good, pretty good acting across the board I think... though dear old Luke Perry is most certainly looking his age lol. Skeet Ulrich is looking a little rough too... holy I'm feeling old.

So I'm not hip to recent Riverdale news, season two in production I hope??

ZeroX03

Banned
So I'm not hip to recent Riverdale news, season two in production I hope??

Yes, it's back in October.

I think the casting is pretty good, pretty good acting across the board I think... though dear old Luke Perry is most certainly looking his age lol. Skeet Ulrich is looking a little rough too... holy I'm feeling old.

How is Skeet looking rough for a 47 year old? Luke is 50 too.

iosefe

well hello.

i just binged this since yesterday and it was so freaking good. i had missed it the first time around and the first 2 episodes were gone by the time i decided to check it out. thank god for netflix.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
More gay action too, hopefully. Ressurrect Kevin + Moose!

I think a romance for Kevin is happening. I listened to an interview with Kevin's actor, and he definitely didn't rule out a new romance and said it in a way that I'd interpret as "more likely than not." But I'm probably reading too much into it.

Pluto

Time to speculate, Fred will not die (unless Molly Ringwald becomes a regular) because that would leave Archie without a parent and I can't see him moving in with another family.
There'll be a death at the end of the episode and my vote goes to mayor McCoy, they killed a teenager last season so it'll be an adult this time.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Amusing to see current Mädchen on the new Twin Peaks so close after this, I had to swiftly correct myself and stop thinking of Alice Cooper when she showed up. Didn't help that she was talking about
who her daughter was dating
, lol.

Anyone know why CJ got banned? =/

Because he killed Jason Blossom!

Seriously though looking at his post history like Zero did it's looking like some controversial and hostile views on heroin to which he posted extensively in a recent dedicated drug thread.

Since you write for the show: Riverdale S1 was super awesome and incredible, you're an amazing writer and I'm very much looking forward to S2.

Top Bottom