• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Riverdale |OT| Teen Peaks (or: Archie's Weirder Mysteries) - Thursday, 9/8c on The CW

People have already echoed my thoughts on the finale. A bit hectic but overall really great. This show has definitely surpassed my expectations and I'm really excited for S2.

Really hope Kevin becomes a series regular next season. I want to see him become more involved with the main plot lines, and of course, more focus on his romantic relationships.

cj_iwakura

I really liked the last episode. Since the murder mystery was wrapped up in the previous episode it could have been a bit anti-climatic and tum-te-dum but there was a nice mix of the emotional aftermath and a last bit of high school antics stuff with the Jubilee and the setting up of the next season.

One of my favourite bits was when it was like:

[Internal: The other high school]

JUGHEAD: Hahaha! I'm so happy here!

RIVERDALE KIDS: OH MY GOD, WE HAVE TO GET YOU OUT OF THIS HELLHOLE!!!

Yeah, that was great. I loved how he fit in there. Great subversion.

doop_

Banned
As soon as i saw Archie smiling to himself in the mirror, i knew shit was gonna go down. It was pretty chilling to be honest.

ZeroX03

Banned
About the supernatural bit, I feel like the time is easily already there. I mean, grandma Rose was definitely borderline. And, it doesn't have to be like Supernatural, it can be subtle & sub-plot material.

Yes, it's already there. The visions of Jason and wolf masks are part of it too.

Sabrina is not subtle though lol

jrush64

Banned
Man, Cheryl is batshit insane. lol. She's still my favorite character in the show along with Betty. Anyway good season overall. Started off slow but picked up.

I originally said that Archie was boring but he grew on me as the show went on. I need to watch it from Episode 1 again though to see how I really feel.

ZeroX03

Banned

Is that all you think about? He's more than just a pretty face you know. He's also a pretty body.

d92254718b35f9c8eb08b330f2cf07be.jpg

charles-11.jpg

RocBase

Hm. Not sure how I feel about the series, now that I've finished it.

How do I explain this... I guess my problem was I wasn't sure how I was supposed to watch this? At times the show felt more like a cartoon while other parts it took itself seriously. By the finale my immersion was completely broken I had a hard time engaging with anything that went on.

I feel like I'd need to rewatch the series to make sense of whatever this...weird, ambivalence towards it is, but I don't see myself doing that tbh.

So with CW/Guggenheim getting access to the Scooby rights... Jughead's finale comment about Blossom "Would've gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids," and Betty's long lost brother being "about 25", and a "blonde Adonis" (as per Veronica), does anyone think he might end up being Fred from the Scooby Gang?

Seriously... it would kind of be hype. :p

So with CW/Guggenheim getting access to the Scooby rights... Jughead's finale comment about Blossom "Would've gotten away with it if not for those pesky kids," and Betty's long lost brother being "about 25", and a "blonde Adonis" (as per Veronica), does anyone think he might end up being Fred from the Scooby Gang?

Seriously... it would kind of be hype. :p
And Daphne can be some distant Blossom cousin.

Gin-Shiio

Great episode. Definitely my favorite of the season. You weren't promising too much, GhostWriter. The visual atmosphere was fantastic throughout. What a little snow can do.
For predictions and theories, I can see Jug's foster family be the Spellmans, and Betty's long lost brother be Jug's as well. There was more between JP and Alice than we know, I am sure.

Davide

Veronica sadly seemed to be involved in the hit on Fred but that seems out of character.

Sign of the Times fits this show perfectly.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Veronica sadly seemed to be involved in the hit on Fred but that seems out of character.

I don't see how she would be though. It's really out of character.

However I can see one of the themes of season 2 being the younger characters becoming more like their parents, with Jughead and the serpents. And I can see glimpses of Alice in Betty in this last episode, especially in the speech. I feel that Alice could have been like Betty once, albeit shaped by a different era.

Briarios

Yes, it's already there. The visions of Jason and wolf masks are part of it too.

Sabrina is not subtle though lol

She can be on Riverdale -- you could never convince me that the end goal isn't to have Sabrina on her own show lol so, her part on Riverdale could be subtle and Twin Peaks like ... While her own show is much more in your face.

Did they name drop Sabrina in the finale? I missed it if so. This is my new favorite show and adding supernatural element would really fit perfectly, I would love it.

Scooby doo cross over would be awesome too.

Give me that monster of the week xfiles/teen drama CW.

cj_iwakura

Did they name drop Sabrina in the finale? I missed it if so. This is my new favorite show and adding supernatural element would really fit perfectly, I would love it.

Scooby doo cross over would be awesome too.

Give me that monster of the week xfiles/teen drama CW.

Lots of teasing. The creators know how badly people want Sabrina. I think it'd be a good episode 1 stinger.

"Hey Juggie, how was school?"
[Sabrina sitting in the living room with grimoires and a black cat]

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good finale. I liked that the drugs came from Canada ala Twin Peaks.

If they do Scooby Do make it Scooby Do meets Lovecraft.

ShadyK54

Yeah, kind of out of character.

I could see Hermione possibly using Veronica's rejection (on talking/seducing Archie to convince his dad to sell) as a secondary motive for her/Hiram calling the hit on Fred, though.

Ennosuke

Episode 12 was great, but 13 was not. It felt too forced, too fake and in the end they pulled out this lame and random cliffhanger.

Razmos

Lots of teasing. The creators know how badly people want Sabrina. I think it'd be a good episode 1 stinger.

"Hey Juggie, how was school?"
[Sabrina sitting in the living room with grimoires and a black cat]
I would literally scream if Sabrina showed up with her black cat Salem.

In my opinion the supernatural has already been heavily hinted at it with Rose Blossom using magic to determine that Polly was carrying twins.

And I'd absolutely love it if it was actually introduced and a modern Sabrina spin-off would make me very happy.

Also KJ Apa (Archie) has such a strong New Zealand accent when not on the show, I was so shocked!

The running/sliding hallway scene when they were on their way to South Side for Jughead was so out of place. I couldn't help but laugh.

Overall Ive enjoyed the season

Pachimari

I've posted my write-up impression but hidden it in an email link, cause I don't know if I need to spoiler tag spoilers?

The running/sliding hallway scene when they were on their way to South Side for Jughead was so out of place. I couldn't help but laugh.

This scene really stocked out to me. It was different and I'm a way that it didn't fit the style of the show, but then again, it was also strangely amusing.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

It was super weird. I just assumed they were doing an homage to The Breakfast Club.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member

I agree that it was very weird. It would have made more sense to be placed immediately before the Cheryl rescue scene. Perhaps the dramatic hurrying was just supposed to add to the humor of Jughead being totally fine and happy at the new​ school?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Do I need to spoiler tag my impressions now that the season has ended ?

In threads about shows that air weekly you don't need to spoiler tag discussion about anything that has already aired. You do need to spoiler stuff that has leaked or promos for future episodes.

Top Bottom