• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robert Englund - Might be up for one more Elm Street Movie

bitbydeath

While Elm Street Six (The Final Nightmare) kind of did bring closure to the character I'd still be up for another round of Freddy.

Ahead of this Wednesday’s Halloween episode of “The Goldbergs,” wherein Robert Englund stars as Freddy Krueger, Englund appeared on Access Live this afternoon, and he was naturally asked if he’d ever be up for playing Freddy one more time in another Nightmare on Elm Street film. Englund has been asked this same question multiple times over the years, but his answer this time was a little bit different. It seems he may not be fully retired after all.

I think they want to reboot the franchise, but they’re gonna need a new actor,” Englund told the show’s hosts. “They’re gonna need a new actor to play Freddy because they’re gonna have to do eight of them. I might have one left in me… but yeah.”

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3528716/robert-englund-teases-may-one-nightmare-elm-street-left/

brap

Banned
Overrated actor and character
695708.jpg

kunonabi

Considering how much money Halloween made this is probably the best shot at them giving him one more go. Probably wont top new nightmare but it would certainly be better than Freddy's dead.

Hobobaggins

Neo Member
Title: "Krueger" Plot: An aging vengeful spirit must help shepards a young girl, while battling pesky teenagers trying to send his soul to hell, to a ritual location where he will be able to reincarnate his soul into said child.

quickwhips

Keep it dark like the first. Keep the back story light. I would like more real slasher movies.

Honestly I would like a hack/slash movie.

I would have preferred that rumored Kevin Bacon prequel? But if they want to go the soft reboot/sequel route. I would ignore all the previous films except the 1st one, say everyone died in the 1st one, (which could be done because of the 1st ones ending). and the plot would center around maybe some psychology grad students or something accidentally bringing back Freddy, and he haunts their class. Kind of like a flatliners vibe to the whole thing. I could see the leads being some folks along the lines of Diego Luna, Margot Robbie, ect.

Last edited:

TacosNSalsa

By far my favorite horror movie monster/slasher..and easily in my to 3 fav movie series of all time ..whenever I heard the term the gloved one I never thought of MJ , it was FK baby!! Even if he can't do it , at least give him a cameo or a nod or something. Whenever I see a remake I wish they would do it more ...just a little nod of respect

Top Bottom