• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Robot Jox is coming to Blu-ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_67HYI5PdJ8

10928968_572825796187xvogn.jpg

July 7th.

My life is now complete.

B.K.

I haven't seen that movie in years. I used to love it when I was a kid, for the mech action. I don't know if I'd want to watch it now. I'm sure it's probably a horrible movie.

Busty

Banned
Now people can watch it in high def and get fifteen minutes into the film before they realise..., this is awful..., but at least it's in high definition.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

But at least it's in high def.

androvsky

I haven't seen that movie in years. I used to love it when I was a kid, for the mech action. I don't know if I'd want to watch it now. I'm sure it's probably a horrible movie.
I loved it as a teen... well, more like loved what they were trying to do. Even bought the DVD a few years back, tried to watch a bit of it. Not pretty.

What we actually need is a Rifftrax for it.

Crash and Burn!

And by that, I mean great! Even though crash and burn is a bad thing, I totally mean the opposite.

Chainsaw crotch is one of the great innovations of sci-fi warfare.

I saw that movie in the theater, for free, and got the novelization and a poster out of the deal too, and I still ended up insanely pissed that I wasted damn near two hours of my life to watch that crapsterpiece.

I shall never forget.

Savitar

I remember discovering this at my aunts rental store and ended up loving it.

Granted that was over two decades ago

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I picked this out in a rental store as a kid, whereupon one of my older siblings who was along for the ride groaned.

Bring the IP back. I was having a conversation about this movie just last week and my buddies and I agree it was fucking rad and totally deserves to be reimagined. Get the Fast 7 director to direct it. Or fucking MICHAEL MANN can you imagine!

Co-written by Joe Haldeman, who said of the finished product after clashing constantly with director Stuart Gordon...

..".to me it’s as if I’d had a child who started out well and then sustained brain damage."

Shmuppers

oh shit

my dad showed us this as kids, it was too much for my brother and I's uninitiated minds

I'll pick this up

Morgoth

Banned
This is probably gonna be a low quality, upscaled VHS rip on Blu-ray. Still a fun movie.
Scream factory puts a lot of care in all their titles. It won't be. They are basically the criterion of cult/horror films. 1/3 of my 173 blu-rays are scream factory titles

Oh my Stars and Stripes. OP, you just made t night.

I saw this movie when I was a kid on TV. It was the first time I ever saw robots like that, let alone giant ones. Because of the time,bi never found out the name of the movie. Like ten years later, I found out what it was, but was never able to track it down.

I used to play with my friend who caught it on tv with me, we'd imgine we were the robots fighting. Now it's time to do it as an adult!

I will own the shit out of this movie.

Fury451

Banned
This isn't a blast from the past, it's a full on nuclear detonation from the past. I totally forgot about this movie until I saw the title, and it all came flooding back.

Such a terrible movie. Will get.

I loved this movie as a kid. Still have my VHS copy. Glad it's available on BR, but for some reason this feels like a film that should be watched on VHS anyway.

Actually I rewatched it quite recently. Yes it is awful but never anything other than entertaining, even if unintentionally so.

Got massive flashbacks watching Pacific Rim.

when ambition faaaaaaar outpaces resources, the movie.

but then again I don't even know what a Stuart Gordon film would look like if it were adequately funded, considering his mostly excellent career I don't think I really want to either.

Snaku

Banned
I remember catching this at my cousin's house on HBO late at night in the early 90's. My one and only viewing, and I still remember it quite clearly. Easily one of the most entertaining pieces of schlock I've ever seen, and I can't wait to finally see it again.

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Special features announced:

-Audio Commentary With Director Stuart Gordon
-Audio Commentary With Associate Effects Director Paul Gentry, Mechanical Effects Artist Mark Rappaport, And Stop-Motion Animator Paul Jessel
-Brand-New Interview With Actor Paul Koslo
-Archival Interviews With Director Stuart Gordon, Pyrotechnic Supervisor Joe Viskocil, Associate Effects Director Paul Gentry, Stop-Motion Animator Paul Jessel and Animation & Effects Artists Chris Endicott And Mark McGee
-Behind-The-Scenes Footage
-2 Still Galleries
-Trailers

Those commentaries should be very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom