• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 announced for PS4 and Xbox One

Yaari

Had a nice deal for a 50 EUR giftcard so I can buy some more DLC before the sale ends. Hope I can think of some songs that I want.

Edit: Ugh forgot you can't buy 360 DLC through the website using balance. FFS.

MrNelson

Banned
Does anyone know where I can get the dlc cheaper in the psn store? I cannot seem to find it. The sale price expires tomorrow, right?
Look in the in-game stores in either Rock Band 3 or Blitz. Some of the singles there are still buyable at 99 cents, even if they're listed higher in the store. Use Blitz to buy if you can, I had much better luck staying connected long enough to buy stuff there than in RB3.

The packs are still the correct price everywhere though.

Storm360

Sell me one! :) genuinely interested and UK based, how much would you want?

I'll probably ask around locally first, I want to keep one physical on both platforms at least

(So far i'm at 2 physical xbox one copies and a digital one, and a digital/physical PS4 copy)

Not sure what it would be worth... it's pretty worthless without an adapter

Woffls

Just a update, I got home and can confirm I got the game aswell

now what to do with the other 4 copies
Copies of game + adaptor? I might buy one! Based in UK.
e: oh just the game, hmm, won't be able to do much without the adaptor :( don't think it's for sale anywhere now.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/10/rock-band-4-review/

Mad Catz provides the new instruments and… they’re okay for the most part. Build quality is fairly decent, but I question the decision to put the PS4’s Share button so close to where a guitarist will be strumming. In just one evening, I had players hitting that button multiple times and taking us out of the game. This also seems to happen when the Bluetooth connection between the console and controller drops – a strange frequent occurrence that has hampered one or two sessions thus far.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/10/5/9452845/rock-band-4-impressions-dlc-bluetooth-ps4-xbox-one

One word of warning: Our experience with the new instruments on PS4 didn't leave a great first impression. The new controllers pair to the PS4 via Bluetooth, which disconnected on us a few times during our first night with the game. Remedying those disconnects required dropping back to the PS4's device manager, forgetting that device and waiting for the console to find it again, which was a pain.

So do PS4 instruments have problems, or is this just an improbably unlucky defect to hit at least two reviewers?

Southcott

I'll probably ask around locally first, I want to keep one physical on both platforms at least

(So far i'm at 2 physical xbox one copies and a digital one, and a digital/physical PS4 copy)

Not sure what it would be worth... it's pretty worthless without an adapter

Ah I thought you had multiples with the Adapter included - if you do I'll pay you good money for one :)

ElNino

I could only use stand-ins in my band. I wondered if I maybe missed an option, but it doesn't seem like it.
Well, that is disappointing but it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult thing to add back in. Not sure how it was missed in the first place though since the old games had it (that sounds like a broken record now I guess).

Oh well, my kids are pretty excited to try it any ways. Please tell me that No Fail mode is an option again though... my 3 year old want to play drums but there is no way he will be able to keep up. But I'd still like him to play with us for fun.

scotton1982

Neo Member
Can anyone advise if I was to purchase a guitar hero world tour Guitar on ebay... for the PS, which dongle do I need to buy to make it work with rock band 4? Do I need a rock band dongle or guitar hero?

Ozone

Does RB4 have an option to unlock all available songs for a day for a fee? This would be perfect for parties.
If you're talking about DLC, no. They aren't streamed to the system, they're local files you download when you buy them.

ViciousDS

Banned
Well, that is disappointing but it doesn't seem like it would be a difficult thing to add back in. Not sure how it was missed in the first place though since the old games had it (that sounds like a broken record now I guess).

Oh well, my kids are pretty excited to try it any ways. Please tell me that No Fail mode is an option again though... my 3 year old want to play drums but there is no way he will be able to keep up. But I'd still like him to play with us for fun.

pretty sure RB1 and RB2 had stand ins.....I only remember creating characters for the person I was using while playing.

Can anyone advise if I was to purchase a guitar hero world tour Guitar on ebay... for the PS, which dongle do I need to buy to make it work with rock band 4? Do I need a rock band dongle or guitar hero?

you would need the dongle that the world tour guitar uses....so the guitar hero one. Try to find a guitar on Ebay with a dongle included.

now this looks like a good double whammy for OG players

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guitar-Hero...er-w-dongle-/262071437224?hash=item3d04acc7a8

two guitars with dongles for basically $70 each guitar? Buy the game digital and damn, thats not bad

SleazyC

Would definitely be excited for the game if the band in a box bundle wasn't €300.

It feels kind of crazy to pay that much when people were giving away their old plastic instruments to Good Will a couple years ago and now when I check Ebay I see people selling a single guitar for €80. Suppose I could have kept all my old instruments but when I moved from the States to Europe there was no way in hell I was going to bring all that stuff along with me.

Oh well, I'm complaining now but I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave and buy the band in the box.

Yaari

Oh man, Europe looks like a complete mess for any X1 related release that includes something more than just the game. That's the case over here in the Netherlands anyway.

PS4 version is out tomorrow, but I can see sites having the X1 Guitar Bundle with a 30-10 release now.

Great.

Matteoj8

Went to an awesome video game store that has everything for older console...picked up a couple guitars for $15 each. I found out today that they were for the Wii....sigh. Trying to save some $$$ so I can get ripped off and buy a bunch of DLC

Kiko

Would definitely be excited for the game if the band in a box bundle wasn't €300.

It feels kind of crazy to pay that much when people were giving away their old plastic instruments to Good Will a couple years ago and now when I check Ebay I see people selling a single guitar for €80. Suppose I could have kept all my old instruments but when I moved from the States to Europe there was no way in hell I was going to bring all that stuff along with me.

Oh well, I'm complaining now but I'm pretty sure I'm going to cave and buy the band in the box.

I'm in the same boat...200€ would be okay...but 300€ man its almost a whole console alone...

Uhh, has anyone else from the UK received their Rock Band 4 Legacy Adapter? Mine just arrived and it seems to include the full game. I was not expecting that at all.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Uhh, has anyone else from the UK received their Rock Band 4 Legacy Adapter? Mine just arrived and it seems to include the full game. I was not expecting that at all.
Did you buy the game instead of just the adapter?

Unless you paid 10 bucks and got the game too... then big whoops on Amazon's part. lol

I definitely saw no fail :)

Do we know if these will work on the new RB4 drumkit?

hmpNLAq.jpg

Did you buy the game instead of just the adapter?

Unless you paid 10 bucks and got the game too... then big whoops on Amazon's part. lol

Just checked my receipt and I am 100% sure I only bought the adapter, it cost £20 in total. I am well chuffed, now I can play the game today!

Anyone that has the game yet & played with other instruments, do the track speeds vary depending on different difficulties by default or does this have to be enabled again like in RB3?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Is there a no-kick mode for the drums? Loved that in Lego rock band. Kind of regretting selling my drums now.

Not sure how it works so i hope its okay that i ask this in here.

I can buy the Rock Band Song Export Key on the store, but do i need the rb1 disc for that at all? Or does this allow me to download the songs on rb4 tonight?

Syriel

Do we know if these will work on the new RB4 drumkit?

Yep. The RB4 hardware is basically the RB2 hardware with new console sync buttons.

As far as the hardware is concerned, you basically have three options: use old hardware with the legacy adapter, buy the complete band-in-a-box bundle, or buy the game-plus-guitar bundle. We weren't able to get our hands on a legacy adapter, but we did get a band-in-a-box bundle for review. Comparing the Rock Band 4 hardware side by side with Rock Band 2 hardware, it was nearly impossible to notice a difference.

There were some minor coloring issues (the Rock Band 2 strat has a woodgrain top, while the Rock Band 4 strat is just plain beige), but otherwise, the guitar molds were identical. If it weren't for the Xbox One logo on the front, you wouldn't know the difference if the two were set side by side. The same is true of the Rock Band 4 drum kit. It is the Rock Band 2 drum kit that's been updated for the new system. One nice change is that the internal hardware seems to be more efficient, so the Rock Band 4 drums and guitar run off two AA batteries as opposed to the three AA batteries required by the older versions.

http://worthplaying.com/article/2015/10/5/reviews/97385/

Not sure how it works so i hope its okay that i ask this in here.

I can buy the Rock Band Song Export Key on the store, but do i need the rb1 disc for that at all? Or does this allow me to download the songs on rb4 tonight?

It won't be tonight. Disc exports are not yet available for download.

Really hope I get a free game too... although I also grabbed the guitar bundle. lol

I bought the Band In A Box bundle and the Guitar bundle haha. I'm going to have three copies of the same game! I think I went a little Rock Band mad considering how I bought an Xbone just for the game.

@Gorki247 Yeah, I bought it from Madcatz directly. I actually tried to cancel my order on their terrible website but for some reason they didn't do it.

Top Bottom