• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

DCS

Banned
No update like the rest of the world, no new content like the rest of the world and less legacy DLC than everybody else. What the fuck are SCEE playing at?

I feel bad for you Europeans with this whole situation. I was disappointed with RB4 to begin with, but throw the issues you guys are running into on top and I'd be losing my shit

Zomba13

At first I was kinda sad that I'd be tied down to the Xbone for Rock Band because I'd much prefer the PS4 but I'm actually kinda glad now especially being in Europe. All the issues with DLC and patches and all that have been about SCEE and nothing about European Xbones.

I still have my RB Blitz problem though. It's not downloading/activating the RB Blitz songs in RB Blitz on the 360 so I can't get them on RB4 (or 3). I still keep getting error 8007274C.

DCS

Banned
I cannot create a thread due to my junior status but somebody needs to, we haven't got the software update, the new DLC and only about half of the legacy DLC in Europe while the US and all Xbox regions are fully up to date. SCEE is clearly responsible but they have just ignored all of the comments regarding the issue on the PSBlog, email and Twitter. Not even being acknowledged is infuriating.

Even the Eurogamer article made no difference > http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-answers-over-unreleased-dlc#comment-5746974

CloudWolf

I cannot create a thread due to my junior status but somebody needs to, we haven't got the software update, the new DLC and only about half of the legacy DLC in Europe while the US and all Xbox regions are fully up to date. SCEE is clearly responsible but they have just ignored all of the comments regarding the issue on the PSBlog, email and Twitter. Not even being acknowledged is infuriating.

Even the Eurogamer article made no difference > http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...t-answers-over-unreleased-dlc#comment-5746974

Yeah, someone needs to make a thread about SCEE's failures on music game front (according to one post on the EG article there has been a long history of troubles with SCEE and music games). I'd make it myself if I had experienced these problems firsthand, but I haven't so I might miss some details.

Ecto311

Searched and found a few things but: can I use my guitar hero controllers with the RB4 adapter for the xbox one game? I have old controllers from guitar hero on the 360 that I like because of the click on the sturm vs the sloppy rb2/3 controller not letting me know if I hit the colors or not.

Searched and found a few things but: can I use my guitar hero controllers with the RB4 adapter for the xbox one game? I have old controllers from guitar hero on the 360 that I like because of the click on the sturm vs the sloppy rb2/3 controller not letting me know if I hit the colors or not.

You can't use the X-Plorer, but I think all of the other Xbox 360 guitars work.

CloudWolf

Yes, you can use all the wireless controllers with the adapter. I personally use a GH:WT and a GH3 controller. Though I will probably buy a RB4 controller when that becomes available for purchase.

Been out of this thread for a while, but I just spent some time browsing through PSN for songs that may have been fixed and saw the Green Day export up. Won't let me download it, but it's there-- did you guys already find this? Will I find other exports (excluding Blitz of course) if I continue to browse and drive myself crazy trying to activate them, or am I just a few days later to these discoveries?

evanmisha

Been out of this thread for a while, but I just spent some time browsing through PSN for songs that may have been fixed and saw the Green Day export up. Won't let me download it, but it's there-- did you guys already find this? Will I find other exports (excluding Blitz of course) if I continue to browse and drive myself crazy trying to activate them, or am I just a few days later to these discoveries?

Found it weeks ago.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
So I have been eyeing the Track Packs, and save for the AC/DC one and "Snow (Hey Oh)" (which was removed but I already own as DLC), do any of them have some exclusive or delisted songs?

Another week of unknowns from me! I've heard of Iggy Pop from Lego Rock Band though, and the song there was no good unfortunately.

Always next week! :)
Was that a joke?
Please tell me it was a joke :(

This one you mean?
Here is the RB2 one, and the Lego one btw.

FyreWulff

So I have been eyeing the Track Packs, and save for the AC/DC one and "Snow (Hey Oh)" (which was removed but I already own as DLC), do any of them have some exclusive or delisted songs?

The pack that comes with the Mustang guitar + song bundle has Under the Bridge and it's pro upgrade.

edit: this one

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006603V4U/?tag=neogaf0e-20

edit2: looking over all the track packs, I'm pretty sure the rest of songs in every track pack are still available.

Today I Gold Starred:
A Passage To Bangkok
The Impression That I Get
The Seeker
Panama
My God Is The Sun
Kick It Out
All Over You
Violent Shiver
Milwaukee

And now I'm at 50/65 songs Gold Starred on Rock Band 4.
Guys, I think I can make it :eek:

CloudWolf

Best bet to get a gold star on Dream Genie is using vocal. On my second try I almost had it, but I have no chance on guitar, bass or drums.

I had a surprising amount of difficulty even 5*'ing Dream Genie on expert vocals. I couldn't figure out those pitched phrases at all, though that may have something to do with the fact that I've become inexplicably bad at vocals.

I haven't been following device compatibility too closely, but has there been any movement on wired 360 drum kits on Xbox One? I know my Ion kit won't work (sigh) but I had initially thought my RB1 wired kit would. Coworker just told me they don't, which was a pretty big surprise to me. Just got the game and the legacy adapter for Xbox One to preserve my 360 DLC, but that was predicated on being able to play drums. Now I'm thinking I just go PS4 altogether, eschewing the DLC, as I prefer that ecosystem this gen.

Lady Gaia

I haven't been following device compatibility too closely, but has there been any movement on wired 360 drum kits on Xbox One? I know my Ion kit won't work (sigh) but I had initially thought my RB1 wired kit would.

Nope. The Ions, RB1 kits, and MIDI Pro Adapter all face the exact same limitation: the operating system won't recognize USB devices licensed for the 360, and won't allow a game to recognize them, either. USB microphones are supported by a generic USB "class driver" which is why they're the exception to the rule.

Rock Band 4 was going to be the title that finally motivated me to get an Xbox One, but no dice. So I'm re-buying all my DLC for the PS4.

Nope. The Ions, RB1 kits, and MIDI Pro Adapter all face the exact same limitation: the operating system won't recognize USB devices licensed for the 360, and won't allow a game to recognize them, either. USB microphones are supported by a generic USB "class driver" which is why they're the exception to the rule.

Rock Band 4 was going to be the title that finally motivated me to get an Xbox One, but no dice. So I'm re-buying all my DLC for the PS4.
So this isn't a wait-and-see thing they can fix, then. It's most likely a "never happening."

Ninhead

The sound is better but it's still not like RB3.

This. The sound is easily the most disappointing part of this game to me. It just feels flat. Overdrive effects are basically non-existent, and don't even bother playing solo bass on most tracks. You won't even hear it.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
The patch just showed up for me on EU PS4.

Is it really 4GB? Really?

Isn't the main aspect the custom stand-ins?
Yup, got it as well. Thank God, that makes me a bit more optimistic about the December update.
And it started off somwhere around 3GB for me, so I guess that's the total update size.

And just to be sure I'm fully understanding this (and start returning the right stuff / figuring out what I need to buy) there is currently no way to play drums on Xbox One without buying a band kit or having a wireless 360 drum set. Right? Seems impossible to find a 360 wireless kit for a relatively normal price; kind of a big blunder in my opinion. And sorry if I'm retreading well-worn thread ground, this is just shocking to me. I thought I could get the legacy adapter and it would clear up all of these issues. Why couldn't it have some USB ports on it?! (I know the issue is more complicated than that, I'm just pretty frustrated right now).

Lady Gaia

And just to be sure I'm fully understanding this (and start returning the right stuff / figuring out what I need to buy) there is currently no way to play drums on Xbox One without buying a band kit or having a wireless 360 drum set. Right?

Barring homebrew hackery like taking apart a 360 wireless kit, that's exactly right. The only drum kits we know work are 360 wireless kits with the legacy adapter, and Xbox One kits like the one in the band-in-a-box. The latter might see a standalone release in the new year, like the standalone guitars that are almost certainly coming.

Harmonix was pretty up front about what worked and what didn't before release, but you did have to dig for the information and the compatibility story was neither straightforward nor entirely accurate. The last time I checked the MIDI Pro Adapter was still listed as incompatible with the PS4 edition, and it works perfectly for drums.

Just bought the fall out Boy pack and fat lip and jungle boogie and rock band 4 won't recognize them after they've been downloaded and installed. Any suggestions?
Come on harmonix...

Edit: I don't know what I did that worked but I restored my licenses, after the songs installed clicked on one through the downloads list and it opened rock band. Rebuild my song cache and they popped up. Hope it helps somebody else

CS_Dan

This may have been talked about earlier in the thread, but I find the fact that you can have all stand-in positions be filled by the same character absolutely hilarious.

It still feels like I've barely played any RB4 at all, I've been waiting for SCEE to get their act together and stop taking the piss. It's becoming a bit of a joke now.

ElNarez

Banned
The first patch is out in the EU. It's kind of a gamechanger. I can finally play the tour with my own people and it feels so good and cool and rewarding.

CloudWolf

What the hell is up with that one part of Metropolis on bass (not the solo). Jesus christ, of's like the Jerry Was a Race Car Driver riff but somehow even harder. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Abylim

Is it by design that I can't record playing this on ps4? Dlc or on disc songs keep telling me recording is blocked. That's really shitty

This. The sound is easily the most disappointing part of this game to me. It just feels flat. Overdrive effects are basically non-existent, and don't even bother playing solo bass on most tracks. You won't even hear it.

Is agree. Especially about playing bass. Really takes enjoyment away from the game for me.

Abylim

Thought this was fixed in the patch? Or did they only fix streaming?

I just grabbed the most recent EU patch today. Tried playing various songs and still cant record. Thats a big reason for me wanting this game. My dad and I wanted to play together, but we cant until december, but we like to upload our attempts at songs and view them.

I'm going to return this, I think. The lack of DLC songs in the EU store is bad, and its just lacking too much currently. for $100 aud, its not worth it. I'll pick it up again after dec.

CloudWolf

Ah, if only.
You don't know his situation, maybe he or his dad are on a long trip and don't get together again until December.

EDIT: I still think the lack of online multiplayer isn't that big of a deal IMO. Sure, it sucks for the (very few) dedicated online bands and those "pro Rhythm games" teams, but I never really got the idea that it was widely used. Especially since playing with randoms is one of the worst experiences ever.

I played online maybe once or twice, but playing locally is always better.

paischu

Today I Gold Starred:
A Passage To Bangkok
The Impression That I Get
The Seeker
Panama
My God Is The Sun
Kick It Out
All Over You
Violent Shiver
Milwaukee

And now I'm at 50/65 songs Gold Starred on Rock Band 4.
Guys, I think I can make it :eek:

Can you mix and match the instruments to gold star? Like Vocals on Dream Genie, Guitar on Panama and it will count?

Yep, the game doesn't track star process for individual instruments like in RB3.

Which this game really fucking needs. Really irks me not being able to instantly track my bass and guitar stars. Having to go into the leaderboards section to see is annoying.

I hope that and Bass Boost are both added as part of the next update in December. Especially the latter. They already have volume sliders for crowds, and solos, so one for the bass track shouldn't be tough to implement.

Gorger

Last time I played Dream Genie, I was a shade under Gold Stars

It's a breeze on vocals. I just haven't been bothered to sing it lately. I'm more concerned about Halls of Valhalla, which is impossible on vocals.

I already got five stars on Halls of Valhalla on expert guitar, and that's enough for me, the song is really cool, but unfortunately it's charted really weird with ho/po placements all over the place during the main riff, which makes it really awkward and frustrating to play.

No idea how hard the bass is, but I'll probably have more luck gold starring it there.

Kolma

Which this game really fucking needs. Really irks me not being able to instantly track my bass and guitar stars. Having to go into the leaderboards section to see is annoying.

I hope that and Bass Boost are both added as part of the next update in December. Especially the latter. They already have volume sliders for crowds, and solos, so one for the bass track shouldn't be tough to implement.

isn't that what the instrument slider is for? to raise the volume of whatever instruments are actively being played.

Top Bottom