• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

FyreWulff

Disturbed could be / include their cover of Living After Midnight to get a 'studio' version into the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlhbgHMYAFM

Because looking over what Rock Band has, we have most if not all their well known hits.. so they're either going to start going into deeper cuts, they're promoting the latest album, or they're going to re-license disc songs..

I doubt their recent Sound of Silence cover since we already have the original.

BrokenBox

Nope. That's the Woodstrat. The Strat that's made out of a real Strat body and neck and bridge / tuners. It came with a clicky strum for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FJL-lqO3Cw

You also have to turn the Start knob to engage it. the Back knob is a pushbutton.

Nice.

HMX posted more info about Rivals as well as a companion app for the game:

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/blog/rivals-mode-feature-details-rock-band-companion-app/

Video of Rivals and the new UI

Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous? Really?

Day 1

Still, I'm intrigued by the blanks and the surprise/not surprise. 9 artists this month obviously doesn't fit into the 2 per week schedule they've been following, maybe we'll get a 3 song week or a return to packs, if I'm realistic. Maybe we'll get a return to some big names, like another U2 pack. Or maybe a miracle will happen and we'll get Any Way You Want It again.

Joeku

I just bought RB4 on Xbox One. Why is all my DLC from the 360 wanting me to re-buy it despite saying "Purchased" in the in-game store? I mistakenly just paid $2 for a 30 Seconds to Mars song I already owned.

Can I not just re-download everything I bought? If so, how do I do that?

I just bought RB4 on Xbox One. Why is all my DLC from the 360 wanting me to re-buy it despite saying "Purchased" in the in-game store? I mistakenly just paid $2 for a 30 Seconds to Mars song I already owned.

Can I not just re-download everything I bought? If so, how do I do that?

Click the start button on Rock Band 4 on the home menu and click manage game.

pacman85

That new info on Rivals makes it sound pretty cool. I like the new UI shown in that video too. Looks slicker than the "toy-ish" version of the current UI.

Also, I assumed because they stuck to their usual 1 song per artist for a total of 2 songs this week they would do that for the next 2 weeks (Disturbed and Fitz one week then Aldean and Sister Hazel the next) then have a 3-pack for the last week of the month containing 3 songs from 3 different artists. The question is what artists and what songs...

My predictions for the known artists:
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
Sister Hazel - All For You
Fitz and the Tantrums - The Walker
Jason Aldean - who cares, bleh

Harmonix seem to be making out that these missing artists are some big mystery.

You know what that means.

Led Zeppelin
Muse
Pink Floyd

God, every Good Charlotte song I've heard makes them out to be the biggest freakin' assholes.

I'm hoping that Disturbed gets The Night and Fitz Out of My League (although I wouldn't mind The Walker).

yv0fpt8h6bh9.png

That's four down, five to go.

pacman85

Lol, whoops! Glad to see All For You confirmed. I guess it's safe to assume that Sister Hazel and Jason Aldean songs will be releasing the week after next on 9/13? That leaves us with Disturbed and Fitz the following week then hopefully a mystery 3-pack from 3 artists.

Lol, whoops! Glad to see All For You confirmed. I guess it's safe to assume that Sister Hazel and Jason Aldean songs will be releasing the week after next on 9/13? That leaves us with Disturbed and Fitz the following week then hopefully a mystery 3-pack from 3 artists.

Apparently, the image url on the blog post says its for 9/13.

So do you guys wanna join up and start a crew?

I'm on Xbox. We can start a RB GAF crew, and if more then 10 ppl wanna join, we'll start up more.

Anybody interested?

BTM

So do you guys wanna join up and start a crew?

I'm on Xbox. We can start a RB GAF crew, and if more then 10 ppl wanna join, we'll start up more.

Anybody interested?

I'd be down. Still haven't decided if/when I'm going to be picking up the expansion though.

I don't know why, but I assumed that we had Liberate already. I want that.

Hopefully it's not The Sounds of Silence.

God, I hope it's not The Sounds of Silence

I would happily/begrudgingly accept Land of Confusion

FyreWulff

Rock Band VR gameplay finally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHPxjN3lhO4

- it's based off the freestyle guitar tech (called it!) but centered around rhythm guitar

- it indicates the chords it wants you to play with dots on the in-game headstock of the guitar

- it seems to be focused on chord shape, less so the exact notes

- it looks like there's a song progress meter on the balcony above the crowd.

- you move by whammying while looking at spot on the stage you want to go to (currently, seems to teleport you)

- sound design is nice. Sounds like playing in a club. Drummer is louder when standing next to him (assuming the only songs for VR will be one with split masters because of that), etc

- Livin on a Prayer and Panama are the two songs they play in the demo

Enthus

I'm really hoping the Fitz and The Tantrums track is Out of My League. It's so much better than Handclap or The Walker.

teddymeow

Despite the truly woefully support for legacy DLC and exports in Europe I went out today and bought PS4 Band In A Box because Argos are doing it for £50.

I've also ordered the cymbal expansion from Amazon for £26 so I've now got a total band kit.

Now I just need SCEE to let me use my RB2, LEGO and Green Day songs.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't think we have a date for online. Rivals mode is not "online play", it's basically challenges that you and friends do separately and contribute to your crew.
Wait what? This can't be true!

EDIT: looked up more info and you're right! This one is just local and online is coming December, but you need to have this in order to get online. Damn it!

pacman85

I've also ordered the cymbal expansion from Amazon for £26 so I've now got a total band kit.
Technically, for a full band kit, you would need to get another guitar (for bass) and 2 other mics (for triple harmonies) to have all the possible players allowable per song.

FyreWulff

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rockband/comments/513diy/rock_band_vr_will_launch_with_50ish_songs_include/

Rock Band VR will also include the traditional beatmatch highway as an option

they're also relicensing some RB1 disc tracks.. wonder if they're coming back as DLC for non-Oculus owners, then?

Additionally, the game is going to launch with about 50 songs that include the following:
"Livin' On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi
"Panama" by Van Halen
"Suffragette City" by David Bowie <--
"Through The Fire and Flames" by DragonForce
"When You Were Young" by The Killers <--

My bass pedal snapped for the first time in ever playing Rock Band. Painkiller killed it, how can I get it replaced? Bought at launch and already emailed Mad Catz about it :/

FyreWulff

they should offer replacement service but you can also just take one off any RB set you can find since they're universal.

You can also make one out of a real pedal with some basic wire work.

teddymeow

Technically, for a full band kit, you would need to get another guitar (for bass) and 2 other mics (for triple harmonies) to have all the possible players allowable per song.

I already owned the game and guitar bundle and a couple of USB mics from previous TV games. :)

Gleethor

Dunno about that. FFDP sounds like the lead and rhythm tracks are both joined on guitar, but otherwise everything seems fine.

Can't wait to search by letter and not have to scroll through tons of artists. Kind of peeved they still neglect to have an album title field in the song information window. The album art is way too fucking small to read.

Top Bottom