• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band 4 |OT| We're Putting The Rock Band Back Together

KaYotiX

Banned
I had no idea Best Buy's policy on preorders is first come, first served. I went to pick up my guitar bundle before work and after a while a guy came from the back with it and it had a different name taped to it. He said, "they undershipped these, but you're here, so here ya go." I ordered mine last night, so I felt some guilt, but you can bet your ass I took it.

Glad that's now how my best buy works.

FaintDeftone

So nobody (Harmonix/Mad Catz) has made an official statement about what is going on with the legacy adapter and game bundle for Xbox One? This is ridiculous.

evanmisha

bigkurz

Banned
Does anyone know what's up with "Dammit" from Blink 182? It doesnt seem to be delisted, yet it wont start downloading. I've tried in-game and from the PSN store.

Anyone else having trouble with that one?

evanmisha

Does anyone know what's up with "Dammit" from Blink 182? It doesnt seem to be delisted, yet it wont start downloading. I've tried in-game and from the PSN store.

Anyone else having trouble with that one?

There are a couple songs like this yet to be fixed. Give it a day.

Dineren

Banned
update on my quest to get an export code for rock band 2:

finally got a person that was willing to help from EA support, but in order to get a code i need to supply a picture of my game disc, along with a receipt or small paper showing my signature, date, and EA support case number

is this weird? anyone else have to do this? unfortunately I can't access any of this here at work :(

I would try again and see what another rep says. When I contacted them they didn't take any information at all from me, they just gave me a code. I did offer to give them the code that was on the back of the manual, but he said he didn't need it.

Isn't there a record on our gamertags that we redeemed the Rock Band 2 export code at one point? Why can't they just verify that? Especially since it cost $10 at the time.

Dineren

Banned
Isn't there a record on our gamertags that we redeemed the Rock Band 2 export code at one point? Why can't they just verify that? Especially since it cost $10 at the time.

If you redeemed the code and paid the $10 you should be good. In my case for some reason I never did that and the code conversion for ps3 is no longer available so I needed a new PSN code which EA provided.

FaintDeftone

I thought they literally did today

EDIT: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-06-mad-catz-apologises-for-rock-band-4-xbox-one-shortages

"We're deeply sorry if any fans are having difficulty purchasing today, we're doing everything we can to make sure more stock arrives very shortly."

Problem there is that they state that the bundles and adapters did indeed release today. From what I'm hearing that isn't the case at all. I haven't seen one person who was able to purchase a legacy bundle today or receive their preorder. All of the stores I spoke to didn't even receive them for preorders. They got none, period.

If you redeemed the code and paid the $10 you should be good. In my case for some reason I never did that and the code conversion for ps3 is no longer available so I needed a new PSN code which EA provided.

Well, that is good to know... but is it not working right now? I guess I should say I'm on XBox One.

Has anyone else recieved the rock band " Band in a box" kit but their kick drum pedal wont register at all? Googled and couldnt find anything on just that issue. Wondering if ive just gotten an unlucky busted one of if ive missed something.

Hedgey

freestyle guitar solos keeps turning itself back on

i think im going to throw this guitar out of the window
rip

If you use a controller (not the guitar or drumset you are using) to do anything it will take your "profile" off of the instrument you're using until you hit start outside of a song an turn it on again. That's why your settings are resetting.

cakely

Downloading my old DLC has been a supreme PITA and it's not helped by having RB4 lock up three times so far during the download process.

Hedgey

Downloading my old DLC has been a supreme PITA and it's not helped by having RB4 lock up three times so far during the download process.

Just tried going to the PS Store from the song menu and it crashed the game, and didn't pull up the song pack I wanted

RPS37

Half the songs I KNOW I bought, are showing up as $2. Bullshit.
In game? Have you tried purchasing them? A few songs I downloaded I just tried purchasing then the game would tell me I already own them. Then I could download for free.

Also, playing Rock Band with a four year old and a seven year old was a pamdora's I wasn't prepared to open.

Half the songs I KNOW I bought, are showing up as $2. Bullshit.

This happened to me on XBO, just click on it and it should say you own it and if you want to download it. Out of my 120+ songs I own only 50ish of them said I own them, another 50ish that I had to click on to confirm i owned them and the other 20+ that are no in the store yet.

Triz

Someone, anyone, please give me a step by step guide to get the guitar signed in as me on the Xbox one nxe build. I'm raging over here.

I thought they literally did today

EDIT: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-06-mad-catz-apologises-for-rock-band-4-xbox-one-shortages

"We're deeply sorry if any fans are having difficulty purchasing today, we're doing everything we can to make sure more stock arrives very shortly."

That official message is the greatest thing ever.

"For months now we have been saying again and again how important it was to pre-order if you wanted to receive hardware on day one. We did warn that demand would be high!"

People who preordered three months ago are having their preorders cancelled in the UK. What usually happens with Mad Catz - I know this from experience - is that they promise 20,000 units and then cut that to 2,500 units a week before launch, which totally screws the retailers. I'm surprised the bigger retailers even carry their products anymore, frankly. Been going on since 2000.

Plus, way to blame the fans, Mad Catz. "You didn't preorder? Too bad!" - Well...we actually did...or did you not spot that part?

"I would like to stress that the quickest way to ensure delivery is to get an order in now via retailers such as Game, Amazon or indeed the Mad Catz website."

Great. Problem is that you haven't given GAME or Amazon any updates about stock availability, so neither of them is allowing orders. They don't know IF they're going to get more stock, let alone WHEN. So not allowing orders is the right thing to do.

Get back to being Big Boy Barry, Verrey. This is an absolute mess of a launch.

Can't use old wired controllers. Can't use old wireless controllers without an adapter that you can't buy. Most UK stores got one (some got two) band-in-a-box bundles IF they had someone who preordered it. Yet the guitar bundle that includes the game disc and a guitar (which might cost £15 to make, at a push) is conveniently in stock EVERYWHERE for just £110.

Funny, that.

In game? Have you tried purchasing them? A few songs I downloaded I just tried purchasing then the game would tell me I already own them. Then I could download for free.

Also, playing Rock Band with a four year old and a seven year old was a pamdora's I wasn't prepared to open.

This happened to me on XBO, just click on it and it should say you own it and if you want to download it. Out of my 120+ songs I own only 50ish of them said I own them, another 50ish that I had to click on to confirm i owned them and the other 20+ that are no in the store yet.
Thanks for the responses!
This is a mess, holy shit.

Ninhead

Someone, anyone, please give me a step by step guide to get the guitar signed in as me on the Xbox one nxe build. I'm raging over here.

Is it synced properly? Because all you have to do is hit start at the title screen. Choose "Switch profile", and then (using a controller) select your preferred profile.

I'm pretty sure none of the RB 1 and RB 2 stuff is available yet. I think they said shortly after launch they would release the packs.

Thanks. That looks to be the case. I thought "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways was a Rock Band 2 on-disc song, but further research shows that it was DLC.

The following games will be exportable:

-- Rock Band 1
-- Rock Band 2
-- LEGO: Rock Band
-- Green Day: Rock Band

They are working on getting Rock Band 3 available. No word on any timetables.

What will be needed to make them exportable. Can I buy them used (coming from PS to xbox)?

Also I notice that on xbox.com some songs are listed as ROck band 1 add-ons and are still a dollar but the same song is 2 dollars for a rock band 3 version. Will the rock band 1 version work?

LegendX48

Any word on when the instruments will be available separately? We thought our RB1 stuff would work... we were wrong, guitar just broke down and the drums don't work properly -_-

mantis23

Well, they got me. I preordered the Xbone version w/ legacy adapter. Of course its unavailable anywhere. So what I am trying to say is that I am the proud owner of a new Band in a Box set.

ViciousDS

Banned
dynamic fills

go fuck yourself......honestly the most dumb shit ever

edit: also...........baby metal rocked my rusty ass.....bad

Any idea what's up with the preorder bonus songs on Xbox? A few have shown up, but the majority aren't in my library. Xbox marketplace insists they are installed, though.

ViciousDS

Banned
Dynamic fill is the new solo thing?

no....its for drums.....instead of banging your heart and making your own fill.....it dynamicly makes one for you....however if you miss a note in the fill.....you lose your streak. Sure you gain points, but its just no fun doing if

there are also static ones.

I chose classic fills of course :)

Any idea what's up with the preorder bonus songs on Xbox? A few have shown up, but the majority aren't in my library. Xbox marketplace insists they are installed, though.

There was an issue with all the songs installing as Jane. You have to go to Manage Game for Rock Band 4 under My Games and Apps and you'll see all the preorder songs under Ready to Install.

hwy_61

Banned
no....its for drums.....instead of banging your heart and making your own fill.....it dynamicly makes one for you....however if you miss a note in the fill.....you lose your streak. Sure you gain points, but its just no fun doing if

there are also static ones.

I chose classic fills of course :)

That's dumb as hell.

So has anybody had calibration issues with the guitar? Granted, I'm using a RB1 guitar, but I don't recall ever having this much issues with timing on RB3 or previous ones for that matter, but here, I have trouble managing one/two star songs on expert which doesn't seem right. Notes in quick succession are typically a problem.

My RB2 guitar is in another state...hopefully it gets mailed to me soon :/

ViciousDS

Banned
screw it....im dead, can't do drums....also calibration is so off when it comes to drums

guitar is dead on and spot on but drums are just.....yes, I'm going to need to mess with it.

Top Bottom