• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band DLC Announcements

Persona7

Banned
robut said:
I'm down with that. I like their last album but I'd love some of the old stuff. Also, "Arrow" by Tegan and Sara was part of the last "leaked" setlist that's getting more and more confirmed.
I really don't care, I just want to play SOMETHING by them. Any song would be fine by me.

Although, If I had to choose, I would want

"The Con"
"Living Room"
"Burn your life down"
"The Ocean"
"Monday, Monday, Monday"
"Red Belt"
"So Jealous"

DuckRacer said:
Not "Arrow," "The Con."
I really hope this is true and some DLC as well.

Yeah, I'd rather they hold off releasing then songs I like until this fall or later so that the songs have keyboard and vocal harmonizing support ( three vocalists).

Sai-kun

Banned
Do the Vocals for bulletproof sound a little strange to anyone else? It sounds a little slower/deeper than the original track.

Maybe I'm crazy?

Sai-kun said:
Do the Vocals for bulletproof sound a little strange to anyone else? It sounds a little slower/deeper than the original track.

Maybe I'm crazy?
Which band did the song? Because I saw "Bulletproof" and thought "HOLY SHIT! They put that Radiohead song in there and I missed it?" And then I realized they have only put out two Radiohead songs on RB, which is criminal.

EYEL1NER

Charron said:
And some more Rancid wouldn't be too bad either. I'll drop Hector a line.

In case people are interested, a RB1 classic ("Cheat on the Church" by Graveyard BBQ) is slated for RBN release tomorrow.
As Black Mamba said, Maxwell Murder would be awesome, but I left Rancid off the list because they've had dlc. I guess more Rancid would be okay, but I feel that the other bands are more deserving.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
allegate said:
It's never worked for me either.

And it's not an XNA thing that porting those charts to the PS3 format is a low priority at HMX.

And a low priority for Sony apparently, since they're the ones enforcing the 5-a-week limit in the first place.

Speaking of five songs, today's RBN:

And thanks for the label suggestions. I've already hit Arts & Crafts without any luck, but I'll try the others. I actually just caught wind of a good reason to try Domo records... I really wanna fill that Fusion genre.

Sai-kun

Banned
PhoncipleBone said:
Which band did the song? Because I saw "Bulletproof" and thought "HOLY SHIT! They put that Radiohead song in there and I missed it?" And then I realized they have only put out two Radiohead songs on RB, which is criminal.

Bulletproof by La Roux!

Hop

Finally, they updated the RBN store.

Sunny Day Real Estate - In Circles (full / trial) should be appearing soon as well, they're having technical issues with it.

Also, The Black Keys pre-announced for next week!

The Black Keys - "Strange Times"
The Black Keys - "I Got Mine"
The Black Keys - "Your Touch"

Hopefully it's not another lame 3-song week.

More SDRE is awesome. With Sub Pop all over RBN, you'd think there would be some Wolf Parade as well.

Also, I got in touch with Barsuk Records (Mates of State, Menomena, Ra Ra Riot, Long Winters, original label for Death Cab for Cutie) about RBN.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
DLC is a might get for me. I really like the band but those aren't the tracks I would have wanted. It would be a must have but my old RB guitar controller is busted so I'm without one at the moment. Black Keys minus guitar is kind of missing the point.

Hey, Charron, where do you find out which RBN songs are coming out for PS3? I'm trying to find a comprehensive list of what has made it over to my system but no luck so far. It doesn't help that I can't view it in-game.

Snuggler said:
DLC is a might get for me. I really like the band but those aren't the tracks I would have wanted. It would be a must have but my old RB guitar controller is busted so I'm without one at the moment. Black Keys minus guitar is kind of missing the point.

Hey, Charron, where do you find out which RBN songs are coming out for PS3? I'm trying to find a comprehensive list of what has made it over to my system but no luck so far. It doesn't help that I can't view it in-game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Rock_Band_Network_songs

Someone updates it on Fridays with what makes it to PS3.

Hop

Looks like two three-packs this week.

The Black Keys – “Strange Times”
The Black Keys – “I Got Mine”
The Black Keys – “Your Touch”
Neon Trees – “Animal”
Neon Trees – “Sins of My Youth”
Neon Trees – “1983”

And here's what should be showing up on RBN today:

Sunny Day Real Estate - In Circles || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Inkubus Sukkubus - Belladonna & Aconite 2010 || full version (160 MSP) || trial version

Hop

distantmantra said:
Have you contacted Absolutely Kosher? I'd kill for anything off The Wrens' "The Meadowlands."

I haven't yet, half because their only group I was personally gunning for is +/- and half because I'm suddenly getting bands contacting me. Daas Bosh just signed on, The Virginmarys are likely on board, and I've got a power pop group interested in having their full EP done.

I know this is a bit lame, but I was wondering if any of the Beck music from Scott Pilgrim will make it on RB. I loved the bass line in some of the songs, my friends and I would be quite hyped to play these songs.

I mean, I could also learn base, but come on!

Hop

FlightOfHeaven said:
I know this is a bit lame, but I was wondering if any of the Beck music from Scott Pilgrim will make it on RB. I loved the bass line in some of the songs, my friends and I would be quite hyped to play these songs.

I mean, I could also learn base, but come on!

It wouldn't be lame, it'd be awesome, and I'm really disappointed it wasn't this or next week's DLC. (I'm also retroactively disappointed that the Surfer Blood songs didn't pass in time for Shark Week.)

It looks like In Circles is delayed yet again, no idea why. Inkubus Sukkubus is in the store but SDRE isn't.

And since Snuggler was asking for it, here's the next batch of PS3 RBN tracks:

Texas in July - Hook, Line, and Sinner ($1)
Job For A Cowboy - Unfurling A Darkened Gospel ($1)
The Tragically Hip - Blow at High Dough ($3)
Jonathan Coulton - Mandelbrot Set ($2)
Anarbor - Let The Games Begin ($2)

This 5 songs a week thing really blows.

What the hell do we need to do to get them to lift that limit? About a third of the store is off limits to me! I bought a PS3 because it had Blu-Ray, but I'm starting to regret it because of RBN.

Hop

FlightOfHeaven said:
This 5 songs a week thing really blows.

What the hell do we need to do to get them to lift that limit? About a third of the store is off limits to me! I bought a PS3 because it had Blu-Ray, but I'm starting to regret it because of RBN.

The petition is probably the only serious (and potentially taken serious) thing going out there. Even though I understand the business logic it's kinda annoying that they only pull the popular tracks and popular bands (nevermind the disconnect between those groups... I've had songs sell better than the All Time Low one that made it over). It makes it really likely that most authors won't have anything over there.

No idea what's gonna happen with the Wii, though. I know it doesn't have RBN because RB2 can't be patched... but if RB3 supports RBN, will Harmonix only push out what it gives PS3, or will it push everything it can? It'd still be a manual, 30-day-delayed process but I don't know that Nintendo has the same quantity limit. And that'd go a good way in making Sony reconsider its limit.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, the PS3 RBN situation is unfortunate. It's especially unfortunate for me because I own an Xbox 360 and I could be enjoying the real deal but I've already invested in a lot of DLC for the PS3 version plus my PS3 has a 250gb hard drive and my 360 is just a 20gig.

It's a bummer but there are still like a bazillion songs I want on the regular RB store so I'm not suffering from a lack of tracks to buy. At least we got the Creed song from RBN. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I bought it. I can do the perfect Scott Stapp impression.

tmarques

Have they announced whether current DLC will be patched to support keyboards in RB3? Seems kind of pointless to invest in DLC right now otherwise.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
tmarques said:
Have they announced whether current DLC will be patched to support keyboards in RB3? Seems kind of pointless to invest in DLC right now otherwise.
No word yet, I'm not getting my hopes up but there are some songs that really deserve it like Baba O'Reilly.

Hop

tmarques said:

There's been comments and discussion that implies they may be patching old DLC, most likely on a case-by-case basis.

Also I'm running a little contest. Prizes are MSPoints, sorry PS3 guys. :(

Hop

I've been doing a lot of peer reviewing over the weekend, so there's gonna be a lot more interesting stuff from RBN this week. (I'm kinda amazed how many I had to fail, we're talking long-time teams with big names making amateur mistakes on peer review tracks. It's ridiculously sloppy.)

These should be going up today:

Cold Steel - Forgotten Tragedy || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Gov't Mule - Broke Down on the Brazos || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Red Jacket Mine - The Pose || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
SexTon - Echo (My Only Regret) || full version (80 MSP) || trial version
Surfer Blood - Swim || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

Gov't Mule is apparently the standout of this set (really cool bassline and six guitar solos), but I'm most excited to see Surfer Blood get through (they'll have another one later this week). Red Jacket Mine is a charity release to benefit Nashville flooding victims, and a decent song to boot, so that's worth checking out.

Stars NEEDS to be in Rock Band, especially with RB3 allowing for multiple vocals. Being able to sing their Torq/Amy songs with my wife would be a blast.

Charron said:
I've been doing a lot of peer reviewing over the weekend, so there's gonna be a lot more interesting stuff from RBN this week. (I'm kinda amazed how many I had to fail, we're talking long-time teams with big names making amateur mistakes on peer review tracks. It's ridiculously sloppy.)

These should be going up today:

Gov't Mule is apparently the standout of this set (really cool bassline and six guitar solos), but I'm most excited to see Surfer Blood get through (they'll have another one later this week). Red Jacket Mine is a charity release to benefit Nashville flooding victims, and a decent song to boot, so that's worth checking out.

Surfer Blood! Awesome! Better make it to PS3 once the exclusivity window expires.

Hop

distantmantra said:
So, can you give us a list of other songs that didn't get approved? I'd be curious to hear what doesn't make it.

I don't want to give off the wrong impression- any song that fails and doesn't get approved can still come to RBN, it just needs to be fixed first. The exception is if there's legal problems with doing the track at all (band didn't give approval, song is a cover, etc) or if the author just plain gives up.

Songs can be rejected in Peer Review for all sorts of reasons. Most of the time, it's a matter of breaking a rule- having a pad+kick hit on Easy, for example. Sometimes it's a technical failure- I booted one song because they messed up their tempo mapping, so the playable notes fell out of time with the audio. I've failed one song maybe 3 or 4 times before it was fixed enough to be passable, and if I'm remembering right it's now in the store.

All that said, here's a random sample of some stuff that's currently in the system in one form or another:

Kutless - Strong Tower
Scott Attrill - Girls Love Techno
Lost in the Crawlspace - Spyglass
22-20s - Latest Heartbreak
Blanks. - (Lone Wolf) Soccer Mom
Widespread Panic - Surprise Valley (Live)
Bang Camaro - Revolution
Bright Midnight - Hand Me Down
Nerf Herder - Mr. Spock
Fucked Up - Son the Father
You Me and Iowa - Howling at Summer
The Fire Violets - Fence Jumper
Gomez - How We Operate
Amberian Dawn - Saga
Loveless - A Gift to the World

There's right now 151 songs in active states (playtest or peer review). They could show up next week, in two weeks, in two months, or never show up at all. The RBN pipeline is a very stochastic system and I'm more comfortable not predicting anything about any song.

J-Rzez

Man, I didn't buy any DLC for RB now in months I think. These songs they've been getting are horrible. Why can't we get some different, better stuff already.

Oh, and I'm sure they're well aware of Scott Pilgrim stuff, we'll probably get hammered with stuff off it's soundtrack soon enough.

Hop

distantmantra said:
Did Sub Pop ever submit Postal Service songs? I was curious how they'd play in the game.

Nope, no record of that stuff. I thought I read that was in a sorta nebulous place in terms of availability, and they may just be waiting for RB3 with that.

Charron said:
Nope, no record of that stuff. I thought I read that was in a sorta nebulous place in terms of availability, and they may just be waiting for RB3 with that.

That original press release for RBN that mentioned Sub Pop included Postal Service. Something must have happened.

Sub Pop better get some Wolf Parade in there, that would be epic.

Hop

distantmantra said:
That original press release for RBN that mentioned Sub Pop included Postal Service. Something must have happened.

Sub Pop better get some Wolf Parade in there, that would be epic.

There's a few bands that were in the initial press release and still haven't shown up. Could be taking their time, could be shopping around teams, could have fallen through. Who knows.

Symphony X was on there. I admit. I tried to poach them.

And I heard back from Absolutely Kosher, time to put on my salesman hat.

Charron said:
There's a few bands that were in the initial press release and still haven't shown up. Could be taking their time, could be shopping around teams, could have fallen through. Who knows.

Symphony X was on there. I admit. I tried to poach them.

And I heard back from Absolutely Kosher, time to put on my salesman hat.

Ooooh! Oooh! Wrens! I know you're not a fan, but seriously, anything off The Meadowlands would be a blast to play in Rock Band.

Hop

distantmantra said:
Ooooh! Oooh! Wrens! I know you're not a fan, but seriously, anything off The Meadowlands would be a blast to play in Rock Band.

It's obviously the label's decision ultimately, but the plan is to ask for +/-, The Wrens, and Wax Fang first, then do 60 Watt Kid, Optiganally Yours, and Buttonhead as the second wave once RB3 is rolling. Buttonhead I'd only mention as a way to promote the debut album, I have no idea how suitable they'd be.

Snuggler said:
No word yet, I'm not getting my hopes up but there are some songs that really deserve it like Baba O'Reilly.
I am as huge a Who fan as anything, but Baba O'Reilly would be just merely decent with keys. A few great moments here and there, but not a real standout song for them. Now, "Somebody to Love" would be killer. Keys and harmonies on that would be divine.

And for The Who, I know we wont get it due to the masters missing, but "Getting in Tune" would be amazing for a full band. Good keys, awesome harmonies, and that killer last few minutes where the band goes fucking nuts.

Glad to see Surfer Blood on RBN and I agree we need the Wren's Meadowlands along with the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack (Broken Social Scene, please).

Hop

robut said:
Glad to see Surfer Blood on RBN and I agree we need the Wren's Meadowlands along with the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack (Broken Social Scene, please).

Maren is talking with bands and hunting down stems as we speak. If the Meadowlands stems exist, it's happening.

InaudibleWhispa said:
I'm not typically into gimmick songs, but I'd love to see Bed Intruder up on RBN. The vocal melody has been stuck in my head all week.

That's actually been discussed on the forums. I'm not about to hop on it, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone does take a shot at it.

No clue if they're going to update today or hold off for more releases, but these are passed and available at the moment:

Nerf Herder - Mr. Spock || full version (160 MSP) || trial version
Surfer Blood - Floating Vibes || full version (80 MSP) || trial version

Also, O Come O Come Emmanuel is fixed and back in the store. It's safe to buy it now.

Top Bottom