• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rock Band Rivals |OT| We're Still Putting The Rock Band Back Together

MrNelson

Banned
Thanks!

Another question: Rivals is an update and not an separate app. Will the update push @ midnight or more likely 3am?

Edit: Muse needs a "best of" album worth of tracks for RB. After all this time and memeing, it's really the only way

Rivals is an expansion. There is an update that will drop when Rivals releases that everyone will get which overhauls the music library sorting and filtering, but in order to use Rivals mode, Rockumentary, or Online Play, you'll need the Rivals expansion.

Megatron

Ok, I just caved and got the pack with the guitar from Amazon. $72 for a guitar, the expansion and 12 songs. Pretty good. I hemmed and hawed about the band set for $160. Basically just $90 for drums but I don't really use the drums much and that's a lot of clutter.

MrNelson

Banned
Looking forward to the first weekly challenge! Wonder if it involves the pre-order DLC?

I'm actually curious as to if they will involve songs from expired exports or delisted songs in any of these.

Also, if anyone on PS4 is looking for a crew, we still have two spots left in the first one.

1. MrNelson (MrNelson92)
2. Shift Breaker (TheShiftayOne)
3. Clown_im_OP (Clown_im_OP)
4. Gleethor (BillyTheHuston)
5. ascii42 (ascii42)
6. Gorger (Gorger)
7. Tapejara (poodude)
8. Bauer91 (Bauer91)
9. libregkd (libregkd)
10. Qwark (jutke13)

Edit: We're filled up!

I'm actually curious as to if they will involve songs from expired exports or delisted songs in any of these.

My guess is they won't. Casual play of any songs on any difficulty adds to your crew's progress outside of the challenges, so they'll mostly likely only allow currently purchasable songs and the RB4 setlist songs for challenges.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I caved and pre-ordered it, on the basis that I like most of the bonus songs and I want to support the product and get updates in the future.

Also, really glad song ratings are back. I can finally hide a bunch of songs. The whole UI refresh looks great.

MajorMane

Haven't played Rock Band 4 in quite a while, but getting Rivals for free is probably going to help me push back into it. Anyone already started a third Road Crew for XB1?

libregkd

Also, if anyone on PS4 is looking for a crew, we still have two spots left in the first one.

1. MrNelson (MrNelson92)
2. Shift Breaker (TheShiftayOne)
3. Clown_im_OP (Clown_im_OP)
4. Gleethor (BillyTheHuston)
5. ascii42 (ascii42)
6. Gorger (Gorger)
7. Tapejara (poodude)
8. Bauer91 (Bauer91)
I wouldn't mind getting in on this crew. PSN name is libregkd.

Qwark

I'm not great, but I'll join the crew. PSN is jutke13.

MrNelson

Banned
Alright, the first PS4 Crew is filled. If someone wants to start on another, you can go right ahead. I'll be sure to add it to the OP.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I'm super hyped for this launch, been watching the livestream since it started. All of the new updates look sick.

Rivals is an expansion. There is an update that will drop when Rivals releases that everyone will get which overhauls the music library sorting and filtering, but in order to use Rivals mode, Rockumentary, or Online Play, you'll need the Rivals expansion.
I got that, at what time does the update drop

Wozman23

Haven't played RB4 in months. Haven't been impressed with the return of DLC. Wasn't that impressed with the Rivals' preorder tracks, especially the pop emphasis. The Semisonic and Eagle-Eye Cherry are okay, but I'd prefer to see some post-rock artist make it in: Lost in the Riots, sleepmakeswaves, If These Trees Could Talk, And So I Watch You From Afar, Overhead The Albatross...

Regardless, I'll always throw money in Harmonix's direction.

You've all played THUMPER, right?

Haven't played RB4 in months. Haven't been impressed with the return of DLC. Wasn't that impressed with the Rivals' preorder tracks, especially the pop emphasis. The Semisonic and Eagle-Eye Cherry are okay, but I'd prefer to see some post-rock artist make it in: Lost in the Riots, sleepmakeswaves, If These Trees Could Talk, And So I Watch You From Afar, Overhead The Albatross...

Regardless, I'll always throw money in Harmonix's direction.

You've all played THUMPER, right?

Yea the DLC has been pretty awful, especially the last few weeks/months. They're obviously trying to appeal to the masses, but I don't think that's who's playing the game. Maybe I'm wrong.

Also really wish they'd get all the backlog dlc issues sorted out. I mean, it's been a year now.

vg260

I have Xbox promo credit expiring, so I picked up a few songs. Unfortunately, that recent Heart song doesn't actually have separated guitar stems. I thought it did. At least it's easy as crap.

I really hope this expansion pans out for them financially in case the reason they can't get stems so often is due to budget. It kills me how janky the audio is without them.

Yup, picking up where I left off in the last thread.

Any word on stems for the preorder tracks?

Listening to some of the pre-orders on their stream and most of them seem to have stems so far, the audio quality is a bit naff though so I might be missing tell-tale signs of DIY stems.

I just bought a few minutes ago. I hope I got it in time to get the pre-order songs! The store isn't even working for me right now...

Top Bottom