• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How I broke my DualSense Edge: A Cautionary Tale

FrankWza

Cool. Hey at least you will have learned a bit about opening and assembling/dissembling one. Amazing the amount of tech that goes into a normal dualsense, let alone an Edge. I try not to open them unless I have to these days. Because even the way the screws tension the whole assembly may change it ever so slightly when putting it all back together. But if FrankWza FrankWza gives thumbs up when he tries one of the batteries, I may yet take the plunge again.

Edge is a cracking controller isn it. Here's my two I keep to the side of my recliner, permanently on a dock at hands reach to be swapped.
Shit if this thing doesn't show up soon I might just get a second like you did.

Damn fine controller, indeed. If you ever do open it, also be careful with that black cover that goes around the thumbsticks. It is thin plastic. Mine cracked at the narrow part towards the top. Not very sturdy for something that is designed to come off and be put back on, frankly.
You can buy those on Amazon. Extremerate sells them

Topher

Gold Member

You can buy those on Amazon. Extremerate sells them

Denzel Washington Movie GIF

Kind of hilarious that they include the latch, but not the spring. Product review....

tvkAbFJ.png

"off chance" he says

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Yeah, if you always drop it on the dock like I do, it will be very very rare that you run out of battery and I actually usually just swap mine due to different stick settings and Kontrolfreeks set between the two. One for third person and the other for first person. But it is a back up on the odd occasion you have a mega heavy sesh too. AliExpress usually take a couple of weeks for me the UK... I'd only worry after 3 have gone past.

FrankWza

Yeah, if you always drop it on the dock like I do, it will be very very rare that you run out of battery and I actually usually just swap mine due to different stick settings and Kontrolfreeks set between the two. One for third person and the other for first person. But it is a back up on the odd occasion you have a mega heavy sesh too. AliExpress usually take a couple of weeks for me the UK... I'd only worry after 3 have gone past.
Yeah that's a downside to the Rise4. It's not compatible with the Sony dock unless you buy an adapter and it's not sturdy on the cradle. Slightly off topic but, from the pics it looks like the charging dock on the Elite headset can double as a DualSense charger

Top Bottom