• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League - 2nd Anniversary Update Trailr and info

Trailer
Website
Just revealed on stage at the RLCS Season Three World Championship, we're proud to announce that our next update will arrive early next month!

Rocket League was originally released on July 7, 2015, so next month's Anniversary Update, as we're calling it, will celebrate TWO years of boost-fueled, rocket-powered Soccar action!

How are we celebrating our Biennial?
Champions-Field-Gameplay1920.jpg

CHAMPIONS FIELD - A FREE NEW ARENA!
We're starting this party right by bringing a new standard arena to Rocket League. 'Champions Field' celebrates the pure competition found in Rocket League, complete with a massive statue featuring our shield logo, triple-decker seating (a must in any modern sports entertainment complex), and enough stadium lighting to make your match visible from outer space!

This new, FREE, standard arena will be found in all Competitive and Online Playlists, and will be available in Private Matches as well.
Champion.gif

SEASON 4 REWARDS AND COMPETITIVE SEASON 5
Our Anniversary Update also marks the end of Competitive Season 4, and the beginning of Season 5. We will have a full breakdown of what's coming in Season 5 closer to the update, but in the meantime, you should know that the timing of this seasonal changeover marks how we plan to approach new seasons going forward (in other words, no more long, drawn-out Competitive Seasons)!

The end of Competitive Season 4 also means that a new wave of Season Rewards are coming! Each Rank (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, and Champion) will have their own reward, while Grand Champion gets the Champion Reward plus an in-game title. As for the rewards themselves, we're doing some much different this time around with new Trails as the rewards. Trails, as they will be called after the Anniversary Update is live, are activated when you achieve Supersonic speeds. That white-purple-blue Trail you see behind your Battle-Car now can be replaced with your Season Reward Trail, or with other custom trails we will be rolling out in future updates and Crates.
rl_centio_hero.BksrBNRb-.jpg

NEW CRATE SENDS ROCKET LEAGUE INTO OVERDRIVE
Speaking of Crates, the Anniversary Update will also include the new Overdrive Crate! Along with an awesome assortment of new Wheels, Decals, and Black Market items, the Overdrive Crate has TWO new Battle-Cars: Animus GP, and Centio V17. Overdrive Crates will be available as limited drops after Online matches.

...as for the rest of the Anniversary Update? We have a ton of additional content coming next month, including an updated engine audio system, new soundtrack options, new achievements and trophies, Goal Explosions, and more! We will have more updates (and patch notes) as we draw closer to the anniversary.
IMG_2038.JPG

Details.

New standard arena, called Champion's Field, that will be available in all Competitive and Online playlists (and private matches, obviously).
End of season 4 rewards (custom trails).
Start of season 5.
New Overdrive crate, includes the two Battlecars in the trailer.

To be detailed in the future:
Engine sound overhaul and customisation.
Custom goal explosions.
Soundtrack updates (including something called Rocket League Radio)
and the usual bundle of things what go bleep bloop.

angelic

Banned
Make things buyable without crates and keys and I might celebrate a bit more.

I dont go to the supermarket and buy 10 chances at getting some milk for £7.99

All nice and shiny. I'd rather see improvements to player rating/feedback though, griefing has gone through the roof in this game.

Make things buyable without crates and keys and I might celebrate a bit more.

I dont go to the supermarket and buy 10 chances at getting some milk for £7.99

Every thread... Trade new crates for keys wait for the prices to come down and buy what you want for free. I've gotten at least 50 keys out of trading crates since crates started.

This is how it is now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Great trailer, great looking new content, great additions for customization, greatest game of the generation.

All nice and shiny. I'd rather see improvements to player rating/feedback though, griefing has gone through the roof in this game.

Griefing? Can you elaborate? Do you mean harassing in-game chat? Yeah its pretty bad but their feedback system does work, there is evidence online of people being perma banned for multiple shitty behaviors.

Quitters are pretty bad too but I'd rather a match end sooner if I'm playing against an opponent who isn't in it 100%.

Griefing? Can you elaborate? Do you mean harassing in-game chat? Yeah its pretty bad but their feedback system does work, there is evidence online of people being perma banned for multiple shitty behaviors.

Quitters are pretty bad too but I'd rather a match end sooner if I'm playing against an opponent who isn't in it 100%.

I love the game, but yeah the community is probably the worst I have ever experienced. Worse than Overwatch even (I don't play MOBA's)

Every thread... Trade new crates for keys wait for the prices to come down and buy what you want for free. I've gotten at least 50 keys out of trading crates since crates started.

This is how it is now.
I agree, but I wouldn't be opposed to something similar to the "trade up" system that is in the game, even if it was 5-10 crates for one key.

This also will end my quest to acquire a Mantis because I am in love with that Animus GP.

Overall love the additions, but more than anything I wish they would give a little something extra for being thrown into a game mid-match, even if it was just an increased chance at a drop.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Cool map. Cool trails. Fuck crates.

Are season rewards for highest current rank or highest reached? I just got demoted...

EDIT: Ah, this is still some ways off.

RoadHazard

Gold Member

This is how it is now.

Where is the best place for that? I have SO MANY unopened crates, because the 10 or 20 I did buy keys for gave me fuck all. Utterly wasted money. I probably wouldn't hate crates and trading so much if it wasn't so fucking cumbersome. Have an in-game market for that shit and I'd be less annoyed.

Players actively trying to sabotage their team's chances of winning the match. For some reason it's become really bad the past few months, with the worst I've seen being one player playing the entire 5 minutes for the opposition.

Rocket League has been almost daily gaming infatuation since PS+ release. SO DAMN FUN! Haven't played this much multiplayer gaming since arcade SF||.

No Nintendo Switch announcement? 😕😭 Come on Jeremy I know what a Nintendo fan you are!

angelic

Banned

This is how it is now.

yes but its a pain, ive already done 2 purchases from the reddit exchange thread but in both you have to trust the other person doesnt dissapear once you pay - it sucks, psyonix are great but they must be well aware they've created this black market.

also, when you grind items legitimately, they turn into untradable crap..you cant scrap rare trails to make higher items, the game just says "this cannot be done" with lightening, hearts, treasure trails and so on.

its a great game but they need to work seriously on the item side of it.

Never mind the fact I keep getting paired with scrubs in 2v2 ranked meaning I cant ever reach gold tier...AFKers, idlers, quitters once they go a goal down, people standing still and typing TRADE.

Where is the best place for that? I have SO MANY unopened crates, because the 10 or 20 I did buy keys for gave me fuck all. Utterly wasted money. I probably wouldn't hate crates and trading so much if it wasn't so fucking cumbersome. Have an in-game market for that shit and I'd be less annoyed.

Easiest would be discord. Old crates aren't worth much right now so I'd hold onto them since some are being discontinued with this update they might go up a bit. Nitro crates are still 2 for one key. It's best to do it right when they come out of course. But you join the discord for your platform make a post and they sell trade pretty quickly. Once you get it all set up it won't take much to trade crates after that. Crate prices aren't really haggled over so it's less annoying than trading other stuff. If you are on xbox you can't trade for keys so you need to trade for items but crates tend to have a bit more value there.

This is the reddit and they have a link to their discord somewhere.
link

yes but its a pain, ive already done 2 purchases from the reddit exchange thread but in both you have to trust the other person doesnt dissapear once you pay - it sucks, psyonix are great but they must be well aware they've created this black market.

also, when you grind items legitimately, they turn into untradable crap..you cant scrap rare trails to make higher items, the game just says "this cannot be done" with lightening, hearts, treasure trails and so on.

its a great game but they need to work seriously on the item side of it.

Never mind the fact I keep getting paired with scrubs in 2v2 ranked meaning I cant ever reach gold tier...AFKers, idlers, quitters once they go a goal down, people standing still and typing TRADE.

I'm not a fan of middle men. I buy keys then trade those if I want something in game. The 7 day trade lock on them is annoying though so I always make sure to have some keys ready to go. I could understand the dislike for the crate key system but much like in CSGO I've actually made a lot more through trading then I have spent. But not everybody like having to do that.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I want mutator mashup to return. It's utter bullshit that every single other game mode they added was here to stay except that one.

Also, best game ever made.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Easiest would be discord. Old crates aren't worth much right now so I'd hold onto them since some are being discontinued with this update they might go up a bit. Nitro crates are still 2 for one key. It's best to do it right when they come out of course. But you join the discord for your platform make a post and they sell trade pretty quickly. Once you get it all set up it won't take much to trade crates after that. Crate prices aren't really haggled over so it's less annoying than trading other stuff. If you are on xbox you can't trade for keys so you need to trade for items but crates tend to have a bit more value there.

This is the reddit and they have a link to their discord somewhere.
link

I'm not a fan of middle men. I buy keys then trade those if I want something in game. The 7 day trade lock on them is annoying though so I always make sure to have some keys ready to go. I could understand the dislike for the crate key system but much like in CSGO I've actually made a lot more through trading then I have spent. But not everybody like having to do that.

Ok, thanks, guess I'll have to give it a try.

angelic

Banned
I'm still astounded that it took until 2008 to come up with a concept like this. What a great game.

the concept has been there forever, its the implementation, multiplayer and finely crafted controls + physics that make it. car football is as old as the hills.

Falchion

The Formula 1 looking car is sweet, hopefully I'll be able to just buy it outright and not have to mess with crates.

ViciousDS

Banned
god damn, I still don't even have my draco tires yet FFS.

I want both those new cars though......just let me buy them at $5 a piece even. I'll pay $5 over the car instead of the randomness of the damn crate system

Top Bottom