• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League - 2nd Anniversary Update Trailr and info

The Formula 1 looking car is sweet, hopefully I'll be able to just buy it outright and not have to mess with crates.

Larry-David-Laughter-on-Couch.gif

Unicorn

Opened 5 nitro crates. all decals.

I keep buying keys but forgetting the gamble ain't worth it. I should just buy keys and trade crates for keys then trade keys for items.

Opened 5 nitro crates. all decals.

I keep buying keys but forgetting the gamble ain't worth it. I should just buy keys and trade crates for keys then trade keys for items.
Which is why keys should be able to be earned in game.

But I'm fighting a losing battle:/
Every thread... Trade new crates for keys wait for the prices to come down and buy what you want for free. I've gotten at least 50 keys out of trading crates since crates started.

This is how it is now.
You shouldn't have to go through that. Keys should be earned in game as well. Crates and keys were one of the worst additions to the game.

Really love what they've done with the music in this game. Soundtrack is so good and hopefully this expands it further.

Given that it was initially announced as Rocket League Radio, and that this is now has "Volume 1" attached to the name, I would expect that these would be a rotation of, for want of a better word, "guest" tracks (hopefully in addition to the existing soundtrack). Additionally, given that they're all new, I wouldn't be too surprised if there's special licensing regarding their use on Twitch/YouTube in context of Rocket League content.

At least the maps continue to be free, really hate the change to the create system for cars and its actually making me play the game less and less, Im not interested in playing competitive and casual matches are filled with people asking for "trades".

Doesn't sound like you actually played this "great game" much as they've done this for almost a year and it hasn't ruined the game. :p

You're right, the last time I played was quite some time ago, around the release of that car that looks like a SUV, after the NeoTokyo update.

But I did play it quite a lot until that, first game that I actually liked playing ranked.

One thing I still really want to see are Leagues/Clubs.

Let me create a Club, with a logo, and let me choose my own team colour besides the usual orange and blue.

When playing in-game, the HUD would simply be represented by my side's colour and whatever random colour the enemy has.

It's In the single player mode and it looks so nice

ZeoVGM

Banned
March? You mean of last year? I don't know when they first started doing crates, but cars have been in them since the beginning.

September. I think he's referring to 100% new cars, which started in March.

When crates started in September, the cars were based off of cars that were already available in the game. (But they look noticeably different so they certainly count as cars that are only available in crates.)

v1lla21

One thing I still really want to see are Leagues/Clubs.

Let me create a Club, with a logo, and let me choose my own team colour besides the usual orange and blue.

When playing in-game, the HUD would simply be represented by my side's colour and whatever random colour the enemy has.

It's In the single player mode and it looks so nice
Forreal! I've been waiting on that forever. If they don't want us to create our own team colors, that's fine I don't mind but letting us make clubs and custom logos would be sweet.

Kayant

Small update:

Season4_Rewards.gif

The rewards, seen above, will be handed out as follows:

• Bronze I or higher – Season 4 Bronze Trail
  • Silver I or higher – Season 4 Silver Trail + lower Trails
  • Gold I or higher – Season 4 Gold Trail + lower Trails
  • Platinum I or higher – Season 4 Platinum Trail + lower Trails
  • Diamond I or higher – Season 4 Diamond Trail + lower Trails
  • Champion – Season 4 Champion Trail + lower Trails
  • Grand Champion – 'Season 4 Grand Champion' in-game Title + Champion Trail + lower Trails

As we did at the end of Competitive Season 3, we will be monitoring every player’s Competitive matchmaking history up through the end of Season 4. Any account that has been identified as participating in matchmaking abuse during Season 4, like account boosting or deranking, will be denied Season 4 Rewards.

Be sure to check back on our blog for more updates about Competitive Season 5 and the Anniversary Update

Top Bottom