• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League announced for Nintendo Switch ($20, Xbox One / PC Crossplay)

Cerium

Any hope this will be 60fps?

I would be surprised if Psyonix created a version that didn't target 60fps.

How do console exclusive cars work with Crossplay?

You see one thing, the other player sees something else?

Yes that is how it works right now. Which is a shame because otherwise we could be having Mario hats driving around with Halo Warthogs.

Hoping for a physical release since they have XB1 and PS4 versions but I'm there Day 1 either way.

There will be a physical release.

MUnited83

For you.
Nope. I speak from first hand double dipped experience on PC and PS4. You can't create cross platform lobbies/parties with your friends unfortunately... only play against match-made cross play players. Sucks butt I know.
This is incorrect. You can absolutely create private lobbies, not just match-making.
You can absolutely 2v2 with friends from other platforms.

Intel_89

In portable or docked mode? Hoping it's the former.

https://www.polygon.com/e3/2017/6/13/15795376/rocket-league-cross-platform-playstation-4

Snippet from the article:

The goal for the Switch version of Rocket League is to have it feel like it does on every other platform. Developer Psyonix is hoping to get the game running at 60 fps in both the Switch's docked and undocked mode, running at 720p. The performance of the game, the developer argues, is more important than pure visual fidelity.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
For the first time I might actually buy DLC for this game. I never really care for cosmetics in games and I'm too attached to my car to ever want to change so it's not worth it for me. But Nintendo themed customisation? That I might go for if it's good.

Macka

Playing this on the train sounds great.

Playing with digital triggers sounds bad.

Still not sure if I'll get this.

Top Bottom