• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League announced for Nintendo Switch ($20, Xbox One / PC Crossplay)

Genio88

This is one of my most anticipated Switch game coming, i already played 200hours on PC but hey, gonna love it on Switch even more!

Kovacs

And with this, pretty much my last reason for retaining PSPlus has gone.

Good on the devs for listening to the feedback and seeing that there is an audience for it.

This is one of my most anticipated Switch game coming, i already played 200hours on PC but hey, gonna love it on Switch even more!

I have 1600+ hours on PC. Still super-excited about this. Now I never have to part with Rocket League, since I can take it anywhere. Nintendo is killing it!!

Head.spawn

Cross-Plat with Xbox and Steam confirmed:

"You asked, and we listened! As we just revealed during the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 Direct video, Rocket League is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch later this year!

Rocket League on Nintendo Switch will have all of the same content, features, and updates that we've released on other platforms in addition to exclusive Battle-Cars and Customization Items, like Mario and Luigi hat Toppers!

Rocket League will also support all of Nintendo Switch's play modes, including TV Mode (docked), Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode, and both Online and Local Multiplayer. Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One."

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-nintendo-switch-holiday-2017/

oh-shit.gif

The more the merrier.

Now maybe they'll sing kumbaya and put Banjo in Smash.

bender

What time is it?
The bigger the player base, the better. Nearing 10,000 matches played. I'll pick this up to support Psyonix and to check out the new hats and cars but I can't imagine spending much time on it as it would be hard to start over from a stat tracking and unlockable standpoint. My hope is that Psyonix figures out a way to make these universal across platforms (maybe their own account system that can tie to your platform accounts).

Nintendo should really consider releasing a LTE/5G Switch.

Since Rocket League's AI isn't ridiculously terrible, it should still be fun playing seasons on the go when you're bored but online whenever you want would be amazing.

The bigger the player base, the better. Nearing 10,000 matches played. I'll pick this up to support Psyonix and to check out the new hats and cars but I can't imagine spending much time on it as it would be hard to start over from a stat tracking and unlockable standpoint. My hope is that Psyonix figures out a way to make these universal across platforms (maybe their own account system that can tie to your platform accounts).

I understand - I also have a lot invested on my Steam account. But the ability to practice aerials even when I travel? Yes please!

I have well over 1k hours played in RL between PS4 and PC. It'll be hard to go from 144 fps to 30 (I'm assuming) but I'll pick this version up for times when I'm not around my PC. For those of you who haven't tried Rocket League, prepare to experience the greatest multiplayer video game ever created.

Incredibly smart move by Psyonix and Nintendo.

Judging by the footage, im sure they'll just lock it at 30fps, which is fine by me

Pls no. 30fps would kill my hype for this version.

Xbox level drops are fine, but this needs to target 60fps like every other version. I hope this is a priority. I'd much rather it look noticeably worse than other versions and maintain the performance target.

bender

What time is it?
Lé Blade Runner;240551952 said:
I understand - I also have a lot invested on my Steam account. But the ability to practice aerials even when I travel? Yes please!

Portable training will be great.

MutFox

Banned
Judging by the footage, im sure they'll just lock it at 30fps, which is fine by me

60fps is needed for this game.
It's possible, the game is very scalable on PC.
Just depends how pretty you want it to look.

With my old gpu, I'd turn off everything/lowres just to have a stable framerate.

Peltz

This was the biggest announcement of the show for me other than MP4. I fucking LOVE Rocket League and will gladly double dip on a Switch version.

60fps please. I don't care how ugly it looks.

So we're likely not going to be able to party up on our Switch with our Xbox and PC friends. Just like i cant party up with my PS4 or PC friends when im playing on the opposite. Or can we?

In. My first owned copy of RL, and I can play with my friend on XB1 and my friend on PC. Fortunately none of my friends play on PS4 so their continued shiftiness about cross play doesn't affect me here.

Great news!

PSqueak

Banned
Yes!

This and minecraft are setting a superb precedent, i hope more more and more companies get on this.

Sony you better get on this goodness too, goddammit!

Cuburt

Nintendo should really consider releasing a LTE/5G Switch.

Since Rocket League's AI isn't ridiculously terrible, it should still be fun playing seasons on the go when you're bored but online whenever you want would be amazing.

Probably won't happen (especially since I believe the PSVita 3G was poorly received) but you can always use your phone as a Wifi hotspot.

Top Bottom