• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League announced for Nintendo Switch ($20, Xbox One / PC Crossplay)

Dunkley

Cross-Plat with Xbox and Steam confirmed:

"You asked, and we listened! As we just revealed during the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 Direct video, Rocket League is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch later this year!

Rocket League on Nintendo Switch will have all of the same content, features, and updates that we’ve released on other platforms in addition to exclusive Battle-Cars and Customization Items, like Mario and Luigi hat Toppers!

Rocket League will also support all of Nintendo Switch’s play modes, including TV Mode (docked), Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode, and both Online and Local Multiplayer. Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One."

https://www.rocketleague.com/news/rocket-league-nintendo-switch-holiday-2017/

Huh, I admit I kinda expected Switch to be kinda like the Steam version where it can crossplay with anything including PS4.

"You asked, and we listened! As we just revealed during the Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017 Direct video, Rocket League is indeed coming to Nintendo Switch later this year!

Rocket League on Nintendo Switch will have all of the same content, features, and updates that we’ve released on other platforms in addition to exclusive Battle-Cars and Customization Items, like Mario and Luigi hat Toppers!

Rocket League will also support all of Nintendo Switch’s play modes, including TV Mode (docked), Tabletop Mode, Handheld Mode, and both Online and Local Multiplayer. Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One."

the future of gaming, is great
let Sony live if the past, if they like

Dunlop

I'm almost happy Sony are being douches about cross play. My son plays this game obsessively with his friends and would be driving me nuts to get a switch.

This seems to be a huge deal, happy for the devs as they seem to put a lot of work into this game.

Huh, I admit I kinda expected Switch to be kinda like the Steam version where it can crossplay with anything including PS4.

Sony blocked that from happening so I guess they did the best they could by allowing at least XB/PC/Switch players to play together freely.

Castro27

Quite surprised with nintendo. A month ago we had no idea of the switch's online infrestructure and now there are crossplay titles. Didn't see that coming.

noshten

Wow on its first year and the mp and local mp is killing it.

Splatoon 2
Arms
Rocket League
Mario Kart
FIFA
NBA 2K

Yes in terms of securing big multiplayer IPs for the launch Nintendo has done their job. Getting Minecraft early is also very big.

Going to double dip on this

Spades

Online Multiplayer supports up to eight players, and Cross-Network play will be supported as well, allowing Switch players to hit the field with players on Steam and Xbox One.

giphy.gif

El Sabroso

#4thePlayers

Woltaire

Neo Member
Cross play with Steam and Xbox? Did the previous versions allow for this? I don't recall being able to play with Xbox owners while on PC.

Dunkley

Sony blocked that from happening so I guess they did the best they could by allowing at least XB/PC/Switch players to play together freely.

I mean even though it could be in-line with the Minecraft stuff and I would understand if that's how things are, perhaps they couldn't get the greenlight for that in time for the announcement?

I mean idk Sony has been fine allowing crossplay with Nintendo before so it kinda surprises me, but yeah, if this is how things are gonna be at least that does disprove the theory that Sony refused on the Minecraft stuff because it was Microsoft offering.

sangreal

Cross play with Steam and Xbox? Did the previous versions allow for this? I don't recall being able to play with Xbox owners while on PC.

ps4 and xbox versions both have crossplay with steam but not each other. Psyonix has said before they have done the work to enable xbox/ps4 crossplay but Sony hasn't allowed it

Marvie_3

Banned
Triple dipping for this. Cant wait to see all the Nintendo DLC. I skipped the DLC for the other consoles but if I can get some Mario Kart cars or whatever, I'll buy the shit out of them.

Xater

If it's 60 fps and still looks decent I'll bite. The cross platform play and portable options are nice incentives.

night814

But Nintendo has no online right?

This could easily be the switches next MUST have title, with crossplay there's already a huge online scene.

Top Bottom