• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League announced for Nintendo Switch ($20, Xbox One / PC Crossplay)

Danneee

If there is 4 player splitscreen with single joy cons I'll double dip (or single dip as I got it for "free" on PS4).

feel

Darn, I just bought it on Steam!

oh well gotta double dip to play laying in bed or on trips. This is awesome

batbeg

I saw this and told my girlfriend to throw the PS4 off the balcony. I will happily play for another 300 hours... And still suck.

Skyzard

Banned
Perfect title to have on the Switch. Will always have this on my mind when considering picking up a Switch in the future.

Good get. Really good.

Hopefully it plays fine without analogue triggers... I'm not always going max speed in rocket league and use them for fine control...shouldn't be too bad though, maybe some light tapping instead of holding it down or something.

Ideally they'd release joycons with d-pad + analogue triggers in time with a switch revision.

Hmmm, I'd have to pay for online though. Nintendo should really back out of that if they don't get a lot of multiplayer titles (especially that aren't on wiiu, for me anyway).

Moondrop

Banned
It's silly but this is my most hype E3 reveal personally. Always intrigued by the rave reviews but never got around to buying on PC.

So what do we think for exclusive battle cars?
mario_kart_pipe_frame_by_percyrosalina-d81646s.png

ZeroX03

Banned
Not my kind of the game, but I think it's super cool that the game will have a gigantic playerbase from day one. Especially on a newer system where that otherwise might not be a given for anything other than like MK.

Never tried it, but in general this isn't the type of game that pulls me in though it certainly seems to be well loved.

Will probably give it a chance at the right price.

It's silly but this is my most hype E3 reveal personally. Always intrigued by the rave reviews but never got around to buying on PC.

So what do we think for exclusive battle cars?

Stunt Race FX hell yes. That's exactly the kind of DLC they should be considering. Not Mario Kart shit, this.

When you Demolition someone it should separate their car into bits with the eyes left floating

Always been meaning to pickup this game on xbox or ps4, but think i will hold off for the switch version.

Does this game have any sort of singleplayer ? Can you play games against ai for example and are they pretty challenging ?

Brofield

I still think after today RL on Switch still has me shook more than anything else.

My friend is gonna get the xbonx at launch, and I'll be sure the first thing we do is get our friends together, and play RL 2v2 over his WiFi connection.

MGrant

I still think after today RL on Switch still has me shook more than anything else.

My friend is gonna get the xbonx at launch, and I'll be sure the first thing we do is get our friends together, and play RL 2v2 over his WiFi connection.

That's not how crossplay works yet. You can't make mixed-platform parties, only encounter other platform users through queuing.

Is that how it works with PC/Xbox right now? I thought I'd heard otherwise.
Nope. I speak from first hand double dipped experience on PC and PS4. You can't create cross platform lobbies/parties with your friends unfortunately... only play against match-made cross play players. Sucks butt I know.

Wedzi

Banned
Most likely, based off most competitive online games Switch has

Rocket League on low requires modest PC specs. My bet is that it will be 60fps. I don't see why it wouldn't.

I would assume that’s their priority, especially with crossplay

Alright good that's really my main concern, just overall performance plus 4 player split screen. Man I hope it's a good port. Would also be cool if my level and DLC stuff could transfer over too. Definitely going to pick it up when I buy a Switch.

Top Bottom