• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket League Goes Free to Play on PlayStation [Trailer]

Bo_Hazem

Banned
FYI: this game becomes Free to Play in all platforms.
PS4, PC, Switch, Xbox.

Xbox still is the only platform that requires a subscription (XBL Gold or GamePass Ultimate) for online multiplayer regardless.

Well, that's pro consumer in practice, I guess.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Aren't they supposed to be introducing cross-progression with this update too? I hope so, I want all my PS4 shit on my PC account.

I don't think you need any further confirmations, as I believe it already happened PS3 -> PS4. And PS5 has PS4 BC anyway.

Last edited:

Yoboman

Anybody who hasn't played it, its time to jump in. I'm sure a lot of people just haven't tried because it's soccer with cars - which is conceptually weird

I got it on a whim at launch when it was free on PS Plus. It became my favourite game this gen and one of my favourites of all time. And I really am not a big multiplayer guy normally

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Anybody who hasn't played it, its time to jump in. I'm sure a lot of people just haven't tried because it's soccer with cars - which is conceptually weird

I got it on a whim at launch when it was free on PS Plus. It became my favourite game this gen and one of my favourites of all time. And I really am not a big multiplayer guy normally

I played endless hours of it when it because free on PS Plus, been a while since I played it again!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
So it's having the same progression in several platforms? (PS4/Switch/Xbox/PC= one Epic Game account)? Sorry, thought you were talking about PS4 -> PS5.

So it's having the same progression in several platforms? (PS4/Switch/Xbox/PC= one Epic Game account)? Sorry, thought you were talking about PS4 -> PS5.
No, it basically allows you to use items you unlocked on one platform on a different platform. In my case, I played since day one on PS4 up until about a year ago when I switched to using PC as my primary RL platform. So now I'll be able to use years worth of PS4 unlocks aswell as what I've gotten on steam.

I also really wish Apex would implement it for the same reason as above.

Last edited:

Yoboman

No, it basically allows you to use items you unlocked on one platform on a different platform. In my case, I played since day one on PS4 up until about a year ago when I switched to using PC as my primary RL platform. So now I'll be able to use years worth of PS4 unlocks aswell as what I've gotten on steam.

I also really wish Apex would implement it for the same reason as above.
Has cross progression really not happened yet? I seem to recall Psyonix saying they could turn it on with the switch of a button about a year ago, and getting all the positive PR for supporting it. Did they really not follow through?

Has cross progression really not happened yet? I seem to recall Psyonix saying they could turn it on with the switch of a button about a year ago, and getting all the positive PR for supporting it. Did they really not follow through?

They have said it's coming with the free-to-play update, but I haven't heard them mention it recently. I assume it's still a go.

Top Bottom