• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why didn't anyone tell me how amazing Rocket League is?

trikster40

WTF. I've seriously been sitting on this game for like 7 years, and I'm just now getting around to playing it and finding out how freaking awesome it is? This game has been my crack for the last 72 hours, and I can't stop playing.

Normally, I hate playing online - it's toxic, not fun, and just not like "the good old days". Yeah, I'm an older gamer. Anyways, that's probably why I never played it. I didn't want to play a (basically) online-only game. Damn, I've missed out on 7 good years of fun.

If you haven't played this game yet, do yourself a favor. It's free, it's fun, and you won't regret it.

See ya in the arena!

Rocket League Goal GIF by RLCS

Rocket League Soccer GIF by 505 Games

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Be sure to come back to this thread when you’re 2100 hours into the game and still stuck in Diamond. Then we’ll talk about how awesome it is.

Because as good as it is, I was frustrated because I could never control the ball like some guys in youtube videos. Scoring a goal after catching the ball mid air from the more than half the field away from it? Yeah right, not with my 34 years of life experience.

Because as good as it is, I was frustrated because I could never control the ball like some guys in youtube videos. Scoring a goal after catching the ball mid air from more than half the field away from it? Yeah right, not with my 34 years of life experience

Akuji

Because as good as it is, I was frustrated because I could never control the ball like some guys in youtube videos. Scoring a goal after catching the ball mid air from more than half the field away from it? Yeah right, not with my 34 years of life experience
wtf ur 34 and ur crying because of ur age? what u gonna do when ur 65? or 82?

Its a videogame. lol ur still near prime. either u gotta learn it or dont but dont pretend its your age ...

Iam 31 myself, playing a few games league of legends a year and can still compete in plat / emerald.Not a single time i thought, damn its because iam old.
Sure the super reflex moments get less and less compared to when i played CSS in school, but i could still play on a similar level today ...

only thing i wont do again is starcraft, i could get on my old level but damn, its too much time. Was top 1000 europe as someone who didnt push for ranks at all. against top 200-300 i was equal in most games.
Did play private lobbies a shitton.

Vlodril

WTF. I've seriously been sitting on this game for like 7 years, and I'm just now getting around to playing it and finding out how freaking awesome it is? This game has been my crack for the last 72 hours, and I can't stop playing.

Normally, I hate playing online - it's toxic, not fun, and just not like "the good old days". Yeah, I'm an older gamer. Anyways, that's probably why I never played it. I didn't want to play a (basically) online-only game. Damn, I've missed out on 7 good years of fun.

If you haven't played this game yet, do yourself a favor. It's free, it's fun, and you won't regret it.

See ya in the arena!

Rocket League Goal GIF by RLCS

Rocket League Soccer GIF by 505 Games

Pretty sure everyone told you but you didn't pay attention :p

I usually don't play arena games or pure gameplay games (i am more of a story guy) but this game shouldn't but totally does work. Easy to play but there is a lot of depth so it takes time to master. Just pure fun. Especially if you play with friends for a team and not randoms.

It's a good game and deserves the praise but it is not for me. I am very had at it and don't have the patience lol. Good for those that do though, props to em

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
great game but it’s been known that it’s generally well loved. It’s got generally favourable reviews all round.

GermanZepp

The game that most hours I put in. The gameplay is *chef's kiss*. Sadly the game lost a lot when went free to play. Is frustrating to play 2vs2 with children, trolls and retarded chomps. Never could make a team with a buddy. Is a waste of time basically

DonF

I love it. I love spamming nice shot when my opponents fuck it up. And then they say I'm toxic. LoL bruh... Mute chat.

Three

The game is 7 years old. You missed the hype train and praise here when it had a closed beta, you missed the hype when it released free on PS+ on day 1. People were always saying it's a good game. It got so popular that Epic even bought them. missed that too I'm guessing. It even had another round of praise when it went free to play. I think you must have been oblivious to it all. The hype train unfortunately doesn't stop at your local station every week but it still had the steam and horn on full blast every time it passed you. Glad you discovered it and you're having fun with it now.

Last edited:

buenoblue

Game of the generation. Maybe all time for me. Probably got over 4000 hours. Made it to champ 2. Was trying to be the oldest grand champ at 45 a couple years ago but couldn't quite make it. Great game though.

Top Bottom